Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 738,936 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Wait... THE HALO PC MAPS ARE IN THIS?!

...I CAN PLAY INFINITY ON MY XBOX...? ...ONLINE...?

Um. Excuse me, I'm just gonna go shit myself and cry for joy. For those of you that don't know what Infinity is, it's the largest Halo map ever made, and it was a PC exclusive, and good LORD was it fun with a full server. Same with Danger Canyon, Gephyrophobia, and Death Island (which is basically the entire Silent Cartographer island but semi-symmetrical and changed up)-- hell, all of them. I can't express how happy I am that they included the Halo PC original maps, that's just outstanding.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I've actually never played any of the PC exclusive mads, so this should be an awesome first experience for me. Looking forward to some more Galaxy game nights once this hits! :)

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Yessss.

Played Halo on PC when people would bring that shit to school, before it got banned. :laugh:

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Halo PC was beautiful and wonderful. Good times, man.

The Runner

The Runner

I still play it! Favorite is an AI map for Blood Gulch. All weapons and veichles. Covenant on one side and marines on the other. Sooooooo much endless fun!  ;D

And as for Reach designs the Reach elites looked badass. They were scary and awesome at the same time. The ones from 4 look like ones recruited from a mentally deficient Sangheili special ed class..

They tried to hard with the "Rawrrr I'm a scary monster" type deal....

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Halo PC was a mess when it was released. Despite having great multiplayer, the game was a piss-poor port. Even the beefiest of hardware had a hard time running it.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 18, 2014, 01:10:53 PM
Halo PC was a mess when it was released. Despite having great multiplayer, the game was a piss-poor port. Even the beefiest of hardware had a hard time running it.

My set up never had problems with it. :\

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 18, 2014, 01:10:53 PM
I was playing it on Windows XP with a standard graphics card and processor... didn't have very many problems aside from some framerate drops in campaign at times. FOV was also pushed forward which made it look less attractive than the Xbox version, but still, it wasn't about how it was running.

Quote from: The Runner on Jun 12, 2014, 06:40:56 PM
I still play it! Favorite is an AI map for Blood Gulch. All weapons and veichles. Covenant on one side and marines on the other. Sooooooo much endless fun!  ;D
Yup, that shit was amazing. I remember there was a mod that you could play as any of the Covenant as well (pretty hilarious to see a Grunt holding a rocket launcher like a pistol). Coldsnap was my favorite Custom Edition memory, that and Hugeass were amazingly fun when you had a full server.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Trailer for the redone cutscenes at 4:40, shame the guy is having a seizure though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRt_ysS33UQ#ws

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Why is Thel 'Vadam's pre-Arbiter armor blue? :-\ Other than that, I'm liking the CGI cutscenes quite a bit; they can't hold a candle to the original in-game rendered cutscenes, but they make for a very interesting experiment.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

It didnt look blue to me.
Looks like the marines are using reach based armor, awesome!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

That annoys the nerd in me. The military we saw in Reach were UNSC Army soldiers, not Marines. They have different armour and equipment etc.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Thel's armor looks like it was mainly yellow with blue streaks, similar to one armor type in either Reach or CEA, maybe both.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 18, 2014, 11:35:38 PM
That annoys the nerd in me. The military we saw in Reach were UNSC Army soldiers, not Marines. They have different armour and equipment etc.

It doesn't bother me much because that's how it is in real life. The marines and the army use the same or at least very similar equipment on a very basic level. Mainly modern helmets and body armor which is what you can say is going on in the Halo game updates. It's all the same thing but with Marines or Army paint on it.

Edit: I'm defending it because the reach designs for the UNSC Army and UNSC Marines are the very end of the game where the best designs in the series so far imo.

Elliott

Elliott

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 18, 2014, 07:23:16 PM
Why is Thel 'Vadam's pre-Arbiter armor blue? :-\ Other than that, I'm liking the CGI cutscenes quite a bit; they can't hold a candle to the original in-game rendered cutscenes, but they make for a very interesting experiment.

Yeah, in the video it was golden with a few blue streaks on his head it seems.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed