Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 738,924 times)

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 29, 2012, 12:41:06 AM
Wait, you can download the entire Custom Edition? Shit, I may have to do that. I've always wanted to fly the Longswords and Pelicans, and have always been disappointed in every new game that lacks this feature...

I've always wanted to fly a Pelican. Just once.
Drop off a squad of Marines deep behind enemy lines and maybe provided a little CAS.  8)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: coolbreeze on Apr 29, 2012, 01:05:23 AM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 29, 2012, 12:41:06 AM
Wait, you can download the entire Custom Edition? Shit, I may have to do that. I've always wanted to fly the Longswords and Pelicans, and have always been disappointed in every new game that lacks this feature...

I've always wanted to fly a Pelican. Just once.
Drop off a squad of Marines deep behind enemy lines and maybe provided a little CAS.  8)

There's a way to fly a Pelican in Reach. I'm sure you can look it up on youtube. I have yet to do it myself, but it sounds fun :)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I was just thinking... have they announced which controller scheme they've chosen to go with in Halo 4? Halo Reach's or Halo 3's? I really liked Reach's for the melee combat, but 3's action button (RB) felt a lot more accurate in it's place.

Really, in this regard, it's a just a matter of finding whether the action button or melee button with be on RB, X, or B.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Don't think anything has been said yet. I assume we'll be finding out in June at E3, since that probably going to be the first hands on experience with the public.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 28, 2012, 11:03:55 PM
So it allows for the creation of user content? Sounds good but I'm not a modder.

Neither am I, but you can download TONS of fun MP and single player maps.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 29, 2012, 01:24:20 AM
I was just thinking... have they announced which controller scheme they've chosen to go with in Halo 4? Halo Reach's or Halo 3's? I really liked Reach's for the melee combat, but 3's action button (RB) felt a lot more accurate in it's place.

Really, in this regard, it's a just a matter of finding whether the action button or melee button with be on RB, X, or B.
Ha, I always just set it to the Recon control setting and went on my merry way bashing peoples faces in with the B button

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 29, 2012, 12:36:15 AM
Well, it allows that, but it's also a version of the Multiplayer portion of the game that allows mods and user created levels to be played. It is absolutely insane how much fun it can be. Be sure to check out the map called "Coldsnap", some of my greatest Halo MP memories are from that map. It's ridiculous how big it is, and you can fly stuff like Longswords, fighter jets, and Missile Hogs. I... have some stories.

You can download the maps (and I think even the Custom Edition) here:

http://www.halomaps.org/

I'll give it a go then, thanks.

anndrayya

anndrayya

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 29, 2012, 01:24:20 AM

No but they have said they are not doing Kinect. Which I'm happy about cause I didn't care for it with Mass Effect 3.

Nightlord

Nightlord

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/345790/halo-getting-live-action-web-series-this-autumn/?site=cvg

If this does well maybe we'll see a full time Halo series, at least I hope so.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Well, consider me hyped! That sounds great!

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

That's freaking awesome!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nightlord on Apr 30, 2012, 10:05:52 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/345790/halo-getting-live-action-web-series-this-autumn/?site=cvg

Whatever happened to the movie? I recall Peter Jackson was going to direct it.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 01, 2012, 01:18:18 AM
Quote from: Nightlord on Apr 30, 2012, 10:05:52 PM

Whatever happened to the movie? I recall Peter Jackson was going to direct it.

And so was Neil Blomkamp, and Stephen Spielberg... Every time its gotten canceled.

This is the closest thing to a movie that we're getting so far. Can't really complain, though, as I have love all of the live action game trailers.
I really hope this webseries ends up coming to DVD!

stephen

stephen

One hopes the web series is a test run for a full length feature.

Nightlord

Nightlord

First teaser of Chief from the series.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed