Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 738,837 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Aeus on Jun 24, 2011, 08:10:08 PM
As fun as I found Wars to play, I'd rather it was kinda just forgotten.

Didn't like the story? I thought it was great. I would love to see the characters again, either in the new trilogy or a sequel.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 24, 2011, 08:07:26 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 24, 2011, 08:01:54 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 24, 2011, 07:58:51 PM
the Spirit of Fire.
noooooooo

Way too referential to Halo Wars, a game that many likely played...

...and where would they have the resources for new Spartan armor?  :laugh:
They're still stuck in, like, Mark IV.

Hope it's ONI. Oh gawd, that'd be just about the only thing that would make sense.
The Spirit of Fire would make sense though. They are lost in Forerunner space, just as Chief is, and at the end of the game, Serena said to Captain Cutter that they "found something".

And as for the armor, they could have been testing out modifications. After all, look at the Grizzly or the Plasma Rhinos.

It is unfortunate that not many people played Wars, but I'm sure it could be explained.

It may seem a bit to coincidental, but its a coincidence that could make sense and work. It would give us UNSC soldiers, Spartan interaction with the Chief, and a rampant Serena. Imagine her and a near-rampant Cortana in an argument :o
I think if Serena was rampant, over the course of 20+... or more years, either she, or the crew would already be dead. Aside from that... after "finding something", I doubt they would spent the course of 20+ years on or around it. I really don't think Ensemble had any plans when they left that post-credits teaser; much as Bungie didn't with theirs.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 24, 2011, 08:07:26 PM
And as for the armor, they could have been testing out modifications. After all, look at the Grizzly or the Plasma Rhinos.
Different because those were for strictly gameplay purposes. What I mean is that they wouldn't be able to gather the resources... in a non-RTS fashion... to create a whole new suit of SPARTAN armor, let alone test it properly.

Really hope it isn't them.

Quote from: Aeus on Jun 24, 2011, 08:10:08 PM
As fun as I found Wars to play, I'd rather it was kinda just forgotten.
I agree, and I liked the story as well, so I think they should just leave it at that. None of the characters were really worth revisiting either, except maybe Anders.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 24, 2011, 08:19:33 PM
I agree, and I liked the story as well, so I think they should just leave it at that. None of the characters were really worth revisiting either, except maybe Anders.

Cus boobs.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Cus SCIENCE!

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

BoOBs RuLE!

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I think if Serena was rampant, over the course of 20+... or more years, either she, or the crew would already be dead.

Actually, running across a ship with the entire crew dead, being controlled by an insane -- almost Durandal-esque -- AI isn't a bad idea, I think.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 24, 2011, 09:18:19 PM
I think if Serena was rampant, over the course of 20+... or more years, either she, or the crew would already be dead.

Actually, running across a ship with the entire crew dead, being controlled by an insane -- almost Durandal-esque -- AI isn't a bad idea, I think.

Agreed. There are a lot of possibilities with that.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Wouldn't even have to be Spirit of Fire and Serena. Or a human ship, for that matter.

Rampant Covie AI, anyone?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 24, 2011, 09:18:19 PM

Reminds me of the Mass Effect 2 mission as well, the one with the really bloody walls...

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 24, 2011, 09:21:43 PM
Rampant Covie AI, anyone?
Yes please.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Covenant AI...the only once we've really seen was the one in First Strike, right? I would love to see more about a Covenant AI.

Speaking of AI, anyone else liked Human Weakness in Evolutions? That was my favorite story in that book.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 24, 2011, 09:30:24 PM
anyone else liked Human Weakness in Evolutions?
My favorite!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Anyone up for a few games?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'll be good for some games in about 4 or so hours when the Mrs goes out.

I'm on reach now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed