Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 749,792 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I need cybernetic upgrades.

Master Chief

Master Chief

haha I'm teasing...I'm right behind you.

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Dec 09, 2018, 04:14:15 PM
If 343 really wanted to apologize for the mess that was the MCC they'd release Halo 3/ODST/Reach anniversaries all in the same package before Infinite drops.
That would be very nice of them.  I recently completed Reach again just to get my fix.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 11, 2018, 05:18:50 PM
Frankly the references to Guardians should be removed from H2A & the MCC as well.
What do you mean?

Quote from: Master Chief on Dec 11, 2018, 10:47:28 PM
haha I'm teasing...I'm right behind you.

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Dec 09, 2018, 04:14:15 PM
If 343 really wanted to apologize for the mess that was the MCC they'd release Halo 3/ODST/Reach anniversaries all in the same package before Infinite drops.
That would be very nice of them.  I recently completed Reach again just to get my fix.
Reach is still my favorite Halo game. I thought it had just the right balance of "really great campaign", "super duper fun Firefight mode", and "super duper fun multiplayer"

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Invasion was the best multiplayer mode of any Halo game imo, followed by Infection.

The Old One

The Old One

I mean Guardians was supposed to be a completely different game
and narratively parallel the rivalry the Master Chief and Arbiter had in H2A.
But Guardians was changed so drastically before release that the new cutscenes that play at the beginning and end of H2A
- not only make no sense. But are totally irrelevant. To add to this, Infinite is apparently a new slate entirely,
as like CE you're dropped into the middle of a story.

So- yes, those two scenes should be excised. As they belong to a version of Halo 5's narrative that no longer exists.

Reach
The MCC
Infinite

All you should need.

Master Chief

The Old One

The Old One

@Master Chief

How do you feel about the artstyle changing back to a more "Original Trilogy" focused style?

As seen in the Halo Infinite Trailer and Breakdown.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 19, 2018, 06:22:44 PM
@Master Chief

How do you feel about the artstyle changing back to a more "Original Trilogy" focused style?

As seen in the Halo Infinite Trailer and Breakdown.
Meh, I don't mind it.  If has to do with Cortana and her created Smart AI being able to mess with it, I'll understand why they made the change, but if they're doing it just to appease the old school fans (and give us no explanation) I'd be a bit upset.

Personally, I like the Halo 4 armor the best.  How do you feel about the change?

The Old One

The Old One

I despise the 343 artstyle, so overjoyed.

Aside from the Covenant vehicles in GS,
I do believe most of the art was simply bad-
it was full of overcomplicated shapes
to the point of both absurdity and so
nothing looked terribly distinct.
It's similar to that of M.B's
Transformers designs IMO.

https://youtu.be/-J0c-nTpv-A

I honestly hope there's no explanation
and it's simply an artstyle change,
retaining the few improvements the H4/GS artstyle created.

Speaking of created-
I hope that storyline, as well as the
ancient humanity/human-like Forerunner
garbage is thrown out the window.

Master Chief

Master Chief

I understand what you and many other Halo fans are saying.

One thing is certain, Bungie hasn't been consistent when it comes to their art style, where 343 has.  The Elites and Brutes have looked different in every game that was put out.  For the record, Reach Elites are my favorite design along with their movement.

The more I think about it, I've changed my mind and don't mind if we there is no explanation as to why the armor was changed.  I just want them to give us a good game.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Are you a Halo fan?

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I don't hate his H4/H5 look. It's the best armor design in those games. I just don't like it for Master Chief if that makes sense.
I'm ok with MC's helmet, it's everything from the neck down in his H4/H5 look that I don't like.
Thats partly because I grew up with the other designs, and partly because I think they represent what the books described a lot better.

The Old One

The Old One

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I really, really, hope we see ODST's in Infinite.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 19, 2018, 10:28:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTreFoLAufw
Good stuff! I like how they mixed the helmets of 2, 3, and 4 for the new helmet we might get.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed