Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 750,044 times)

Randomizer

Randomizer

What edition of the game you're getting? My local shop got the LCE and LE ready to preorder today. I'm going for the game only, maybe the LE. The LCE is too damn expensive though...it's cost is almost like the Xbox One itself.  :-X

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm thinking of Limited Edition. It's what I've had the last bunch in. And I'm looking forward to this new one.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Regular old edition. I always wait for sales for DLC stuff!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So I've finally been on my Xbone and played some Master Chief Collection. I've finished Halo and I'm about halfway through Halo 2 (just killed Regret). Is it me or is Halo 2 far easier than Halo? Halo was kicking my ass but 2 I'm flying through.

Also...Blurr Studio seriously needs to make a CGI Halo film. The quality is ridiculous.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 15, 2015, 07:55:26 PM
So I've finally been on my Xbone and played some Master Chief Collection. I've finished Halo and I'm about halfway through Halo 2 (just killed Regret). Is it me or is Halo 2 far easier than Halo? Halo was kicking my ass but 2 I'm flying through.

The first half of the game is pretty easy in my opinion. It's the last missions that are a bit harder. Now I've played it on Heroic and besides Regret/Heretic Leader/Tartarus boss fights it seems unusually easy.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 15, 2015, 07:55:26 PM
Also...Blurr Studio seriously needs to make a CGI Halo film. The quality is ridiculous.

Absolutely. I've been kinda dissapointed when TFoR animated series trailer was released. I can handle that kind of animation but I was expecting live action w/ CGI.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Randomizer on Jul 16, 2015, 06:37:47 AM

The first half of the game is pretty easy in my opinion. It's the last missions that are a bit harder. Now I've played it on Heroic and besides Regret/Heretic Leader/Tartarus boss fights it seems unusually easy.

Certainly seems pretty easy. It's been a long time since I played the originals but I honestly can't remember it being this easy. When I started MCC and Halo CEA I was on Heroic but I made it to around Assault on the Control Room and I had to turn the difficulty back down to Normal because it was just destroying me.

Don't get me wrong through, I'm really enjoying it. I forgot how much the narrative improved with Halo 2.

Absolutely. I've been kinda dissapointed when TFoR animated series trailer was released. I can handle that kind of animation but I was expecting live action w/ CGI.

I like that 343 try to do lots of different styles and I'll watch and hopefully enjoy TFoR but Blur is just begging to do something longer. The quality is simply astounding. And I remember thinking this as far back as the cutscenes they did for Halo Wars.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Anyone saw the Grunt Ad trailer? Just heard of it yesterday.  :laugh:

Quotethe only Grunt to survive every encounter with Master Chief

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Noooo...

*goes to search*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nozRqpwzli8&oref

This one? lol!

Randomizer

Randomizer

Yes. Thought I imbedded it here...

I'm a bit surprised some people question this as being canon.

QuoteThe Lucky Grunt is not wearing a breathing mask during the interview (though it does during flashback scenes), which calls into question how it's breathing while in the studio. It's possible the room may be filled with methane instead oxygen, though that raises questions about how the interviewer, the water bottle passer, and the plants in the background are surviving.
                                                                                                                                 (Source: Halopedia)

Like SERIOUSLY GUYS, don't you get the joke? xD

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 21, 2015, 12:50:46 PM
Noooo...

*goes to search*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nozRqpwzli8&oref

This one? lol!
;D

Also, anyone have some basic tips for playing with buddies in H2 Anniversary. In multiplayer I rise and fall drastically, can someone recommend weapon combos, battle tips, etc?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Randomizer on Jul 21, 2015, 02:12:20 PM
   Like SERIOUSLY GUYS, don't you get the joke? xD

Some things need to be taken for the joke that they're intended to be. xD

Quote from: The Runner on Jul 21, 2015, 11:49:55 PM
Also, anyone have some basic tips for playing with buddies in H2 Anniversary. In multiplayer I rise and fall drastically, can someone recommend weapon combos, battle tips, etc?

I'm doing pretty badly on MP at the minute. I've forgotten how to play Halo properly xD

The Runner

The Runner

My friend and I built a forge map. Its shaped a bit like the state of Utah....rock formations in two sides with arches and palm trees with some hills and in the center of the map is a base typically with two banshees. Weapons of all sorts lying around, sadly he always finds the Sniper Rifle before I can and well....snipes my Elite ass to hell.  Only time it is fair is if I get him to the rock areas and energy sword or shotgun him. But that is a rarity :p

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've just remembered - the next e-novella is due out next Monday. Saint's Testimony.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Forgot it's coming so early. Glad I haven't read the 40 pages excerpt to be spoiled. Is this only as e-book?

I finished Halo 3 ODST on Legendary. Almost rage-quitted on Kizino Blv. but it was easier than I expected. Probably because my aiming has improved and I was headshotting grunts and 2-shot killing jackals all the time. That OP pistol.  :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's e-book for the minute but I think they're intending to collect the e-novella's together and release in print at some point. I think that's what they said when all these books were announced.

God, I do love that pistol. Best weapon ever xD I'm about 3 levels off the end of Halo 2. Really enjoying it actually. I forgot how much fun Halo 2 was.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed