p1nk81cd

I'm so happy...

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I enjoyed Reach, and I loved how the end connected as a prelude to Halo: CE so much.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Mr. Runner on Aug 24, 2014, 07:27:49 PM
I'm so happy...

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Nice. :) Are those from the actual Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer or the additional remade multiplayer with new features that also comes on The Master Chief Collection?

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 24, 2014, 09:16:36 PM
Nice. :) Are those from the actual Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer or the additional remade multiplayer with new features that also comes on The Master Chief Collection?

Both pics are from the campaign, but I'm pretty sure that this is what we will see across all sections of the game. These are the current and hopefully final models for H2A- they used to be the Halo 4 versions.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

So am I the only one that's just f**king ecstatic that they went back to the original elite designs instead of the crappy H4 ones?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Finished up reading Halo: Cryptum. I initially read this not too long after it was released, but I never did get around to reading the sequels and, in the time since, had forgotten a lot of the details. Now with it fresh in my mind I'm ready to jump into Primordium.

Gotta say, I really loved Cryptum. It's vastly different than the earlier Halo novels, but it tackled material that I never thought I would see fleshed out in such a way; there are so many ways that a story in this era could have been done poorly, but with Cryptum Greg Bear and the folks at 343 were able to craft the beginning of a tale that feels absolutely essential to the Halo universe's overall mythology.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Aug 25, 2014, 02:20:07 AM
So am I the only one that's just f**king ecstatic that they went back to the original elite designs instead of the crappy H4 ones?

No you're not . I think they fit in with Halo 4 , but with The Master Chief Collection....no,just no .

This also made me wonder why the Elites changed their armor between H3 - H4 . What made this change? The fact that the Covenant was destroyed ?

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Quote from: Randomizer on Aug 25, 2014, 06:13:54 AM

No you're not . I think they fit in with Halo 4 , but with The Master Chief Collection....no,just no .

This also made me wonder why the Elites changed their armor between H3 - H4 . What made this change? The fact that the Covenant was destroyed ?

It is brilliant that they've gone for these designs!

The reason -if my memory serves me right- was for a more realistic appearance. Their armour was supposed to be much older than the ones we normally see; Pre-Covenant Sangheili Combat Harness- though the Forward Unto Dawn movie contradicts this.   

Master Chief

Master Chief

Were there rumors floating around that they weren't going to stick to the original design in H2A?

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Mr. Runner on Aug 24, 2014, 07:27:49 PM
I'm so happy...

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

God, how I wish more HD remakes redid the graphics like these Halo anniversary games are doing instead of just upping the resolution...

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Master Chief on Aug 25, 2014, 02:08:28 PM
Were there rumors floating around that they weren't going to stick to the original design in H2A?

In the very early anniversary footage from the Cairo you can barely make out that the elites being used where the H4 elite minor's.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Master Chief and Cortana do the ALS ice bucket challenge.

http://vimeo.com/104153198

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Ha, that was great. :D

Not to be one of those assholes that digs into charity things to see subliminal advertising and marketing stuff that isn't really there, but I thought it was interesting that Marty O'Donnell was challenged. I wonder what his relationship with 343i is like after the whole Bungie thing?

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 24, 2014, 03:26:20 PMShas, did you ever end up playing Halo 4?

Sorry for the somewhat late reply, but yes, I did play through it with a friend. It's pretty good. A very nice expansion on the mythology and a heartfelt ending. Still, I don't care much for the opponents in this (Prometheans) and there's just something about it which I can't put my finger on that I do not like. Maybe it's just the multiplayer annoying me, who knows. :D

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I think it if had just been the prometheans it would've been annoying, as it stands though I liked the changeup fighting them over whatever the new covenant was. 

Reach is still da best doe. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed