How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"?

Started by Robotpo, Nov 20, 2007, 10:42:23 PM

Author
How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"? (Read 66,441 times)

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: happypred on Nov 21, 2007, 02:40:56 AM
Isn't puking into their victims' mouths essentially what facehuggers do...for fu ck's sake, whine whine whine

Want some cheese?

As always happens with these kinds of discussions, people keep focusing on the wrong part.

There's nothing more ridiculous about the new repro method than the old one, the problem people have with it is that it is a complete about-face to what has been set out prior to this film.  If this method is viable, why do the Aliens usually use a method which is actually slower and more complicated?  Answer: They wouldn't.

Gates

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Nov 21, 2007, 02:54:20 AM
Quote from: happypred on Nov 21, 2007, 02:40:56 AM
Isn't puking into their victims' mouths essentially what facehuggers do...for fu ck's sake, whine whine whine

Want some cheese?

:D

I miss you Antman! :-\

happypred

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 02:51:59 AM
Actually no it is not. Facehuggers insert a tube down the hosts throat and lay the embryo in the chest cavity where it attaches and grows like a sort of cancer. It changes the hosts dna in order to not be rejected, and it mistaken for just an extension of an organ of the host.
The facehugger keeps the host alive via filtering the elements needed to sustain the host and does not vomit as it doesn't have a discernable seperation of head and body and is a mere carrier of the chestburster embryo.

Isn't the Predalien going to insert a tube down its victim's throat?
I'm only using the term vomit because that's the word hardcore alien fans are using to make this idea sound ridiculous.

Ballzanya

Quote from: happypred on Nov 21, 2007, 02:57:43 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 02:51:59 AM
Actually no it is not. Facehuggers insert a tube down the hosts throat and lay the embryo in the chest cavity where it attaches and grows like a sort of cancer. It changes the hosts dna in order to not be rejected, and it mistaken for just an extension of an organ of the host.
The facehugger keeps the host alive via filtering the elements needed to sustain the host and does not vomit as it doesn't have a discernable seperation of head and body and is a mere carrier of the chestburster embryo.

I'm only using the term vomit because that's the word hardcore alien fans are using to make this idea sound ridiculous.

what tube? Never before has an adult alien had a tube that would say come out of its inner jaw. To add one would be awkward and arbitrary.

SM

SM

Waste of time responding to Happypred's mindless inflammatory bullshit, Ballzanya.

Quotewhat? It was my understanding that once the egg-morphing process finished completely you'd be an egg.

I doubt you would be sentient once the process is finished.  Dallas was almost incoherent when Ripley found him.

Be pretty bloody nasty if you did retain some consciousness though.

QuoteSo really all those eggs on the Space Jockey ship are those creatures?

"Wonder what happened to the rest of the crew?".

(You can safely bet they didn't have vomit shoved down their throats).

Uncanny Antman

Maybe, but it'll still be a "Wham, bam, thank you Ma'am" type of thing, as opposed to the facehugger's slow, sensual lovin'.

Ballzanya

Quote from: SM on Nov 21, 2007, 03:00:05 AM
Waste of time responding to Happypred's mindless inflammatory bullshit, Ballzanya.

Quotewhat? It was my understanding that once the egg-morphing process finished completely you'd be an egg.

I doubt you would be sentient once the process is finished.  Dallas was almost incoherent when Ripley found him.

Be pretty bloody nasty if you did retain some consciousness though.

QuoteSo really all those eggs on the Space Jockey ship are those creatures?

"Wonder what happened to the rest of the crew?".

(You can safely bet they didn't have vomit shoved down their throats).

If I had something better to do right now, I would not have bothered. lol.

happypred

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Nov 21, 2007, 02:54:20 AM
There's nothing more ridiculous about the new repro method than the old one, the problem people have with it is that it is a complete about-face to what has been set out prior to this film.  If this method is viable, why do the Aliens usually use a method which is actually slower and more complicated?  Answer: They wouldn't.

No thank you...I can't stand the smell of your cheese

First of all that's what you're saying...I'm getting a different vibe from other posts...

To rephrase what you said you're arguing that it doesn't make sense for the back-up method of reproduction to be more efficient than the primary mode

Well we simply don't have enough information about the creature to make that conclusion...we simply have assume that somehow it's not

Perhaps it seems more efficient but has major drawbacks

SM

SM

QuoteMaybe, but it'll still be a "Wham, bam, thank you Ma'am" type of thing, as opposed to the facehugger's slow, sensual lovin'.

"I want somebody who will spend some time
Not come and go in a heated rush "

Ballzanya

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Nov 21, 2007, 03:00:42 AM
Maybe, but it'll still be a "Wham, bam, thank you Ma'am" type of thing, as opposed to the facehugger's slow, sensual lovin'.

Those facehuggers know how to set the mood, they wrap their tails tightly around your neck, they shove their ovipositor down your throat and don't stop til the process is complete. No premature withdrawal. The'yre also one host lovers, so committed that they die after face raping one victim. lol.

gases

half you guys pretend you know everything about the xenomorph. Hears news for you, YOU DON'T. They can have new reproductive cycles or behaviour you haven't seen before.

SM

SM

We know more than you and that's all the matters.

It is possible to discuss things like adults which we vehemently disagree on.  Take a proper read of the thread, before you resume your scrotum licking.

Gates

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 03:05:09 AM
Those facehuggers know how to set the mood, they wrap their tails tightly around your neck, they shove their ovipositor down your throat and don't stop til the process is complete. No premature withdrawal. The'yre also one host lovers, so committed that they die after face raping one victim. lol.

One word: Awesome... :)

Quote from: gases on Nov 21, 2007, 03:06:26 AM
half you guys pretend you know everything about the xenomorph. Hears news for you, YOU DON'T. They can have new reproductive cycles or behaviour you haven't seen before.

One word: Lame... :-X

Ballzanya

Quote from: SM on Nov 21, 2007, 03:08:17 AM
We know more than you and that's all the matters.

oh, We were all ignoring him. Sorry, forgot to send you the memo. lol.

Anomaly

What matters is how it comes across in a movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed