X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 151,044 times)

TorsoInvader

TorsoInvader

Lol i will just leave this here.

http://www.heyuguysgaming.com/news/12507/heartbroken-xbox-one-employee-lets-rip-must-read

Not sure if its real or not yet.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Looks like I might not get the new Xbox. Honestly the Xbox One just took a massive leap backwards instead of forward. Maybe they'll still add things like Family Sharing and installing a game and not needing the disc. :-\

Cellien

Cellien

An interesting bit in that article was that family sharing was really only an extended demo version of the game, not the full game.  I thought it originally sounded too good to be true but I could see a similar system that discounts the game and/or gives you credits if the transaction took place because you 'shared' a game with someone.  It has a social, viral ring to it that I think could potentially increase game sales by basically making your friends the marketers.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: PanCoreUnit on Jun 20, 2013, 06:04:54 PM
Lol i will just leave this here.

http://www.heyuguysgaming.com/news/12507/heartbroken-xbox-one-employee-lets-rip-must-read

Not sure if its real or not yet.

The drama, lol!

EDIT

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2013/06/19/former-microsoft-creative-director-adam-orth-speak-gdc-next#.UcNsdfnVCSo

QuoteFormer Microsoft creative director Adam Orth will be giving an ironic speech that explores "toxic online behavior" and why he left the Xbox maker at this year's GDC Next.

This is going to be awesome.

Raku

Raku

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jun 20, 2013, 09:47:28 AM
But they've already made big changes as it is, if they changed the price and the Kinect as well for the better, then you'd have to be really ungrateful for their sacrifices. They didn't have to change as it is, it is after all their product, but they did because they are listening, at least now they are, after all how could they possibly ignore so much criticism?

Edit: Hmmmmm, scratch "ungrateful" (if you want to), more like you must really have a grudge or be really a Playstation person.
I'm sorry, but my problem with Microsoft isn't with any of those things you listed.

My problem is that I just don't trust them that much anymore because for all we know they could have something up there sleeve.

That's why (if I ever get one) I will be waiting till the next gen (after this upcoming one) is announced. By then they should have all their cards laid out on the table, and I will feel better about not being screwed over.

Predator Queen

ShadowPred

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Ghost Rider on Jun 20, 2013, 06:18:24 PM
Looks like I might not get the new Xbox. Honestly the Xbox One just took a massive leap backwards instead of forward. Maybe they'll still add things like Family Sharing and installing a game and not needing the disc. :-\

People like how console games are now. It been like this for 30 years and don't fix things if they are not broken.

Raku

Raku

An interesting read:
http://www.destructoid.com/an-industry-that-needs-xbox-one-drm-is-a-failed-industry-256643.phtml

I have to agree with that author.

Family Sharing wasn't all that special. The whole thing was just the ability to share a 30 minute something demo that promps you to buy the full game, and it lets you save your game progress.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 20, 2013, 10:00:49 PMPeople like how console games are now. It been like this for 30 years and don't fix things if they are not broken.
The fact is, according to MS, physical processing has reached a peak hard to top with current technology. They wanted to create a bridge to more powerful processing aided by "cloud processing". But it seems the limitations are still many, because the public's not accepting it or doesn't have the access to suport always-online.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 20, 2013, 10:00:49 PM

People like how console games are now. It been like this for 30 years and don't fix things if they are not broken.

QFT

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Consoles should be consoles and not become like PC's. I think the Xbox One was trying too hard to be a PC then a console.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 20, 2013, 10:52:42 PM
Consoles should be consoles and not become like PC's. I think the Xbox One was trying too hard to be a PC then a console.
It wanted to be a PC, and a TV.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

It just wanted to be a real boy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed