X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 151,039 times)

Prime113

Prime113

BountyHunter

BountyHunter

I won't be surprised if they just reverse everything for the launch and then, after everybody has their new consoles, they switch back to what they originally wanted to do, via a forced update or something.

I'm still not getting one for at least 3 or 4 years after it comes out.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: MoonerSK on Jun 19, 2013, 08:03:53 PM

but it still does not change anything on the fact that you can't sell them if it is not steam they require then it is uplay, origin or something else
Yes, I for real can't name even one current gen game that have a simple cd-key check like in the early 2000s and before. Every game is attached to some online service.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: BountyHunter on Jun 19, 2013, 08:39:29 PM
I won't be surprised if they just reverse everything for the launch and then, after everybody has their new consoles, they switch back to what they originally wanted to do, via a forced update or something.

I'm still not getting one for at least 3 or 4 years after it comes out.

They would be digging their own graves with that. I'm sure even the most supporting people of the X1 would be pissed if they did that... I know I would be.

Honestly, I think they will save it for the Next-Generation of consoles. Digital games/media will be even higher selling then, and people won't think of it as this new devil or something.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 19, 2013, 08:35:29 PM
Or we can all convert to PC.
This is the best solution. The "next" gen will be the shittiest gen technology wise EVER. Yesterday EA dropped the ball with the response that BF4 will play on "720p only" on the new consoles. What the hell is this shit? A 2 years old PC can run on 1080p 99% of the titles on the market but the xXxNEXT_GENxXx consoles still will upscale some games from 720?? And they are preparing this gen to last 10 YEARS.. God help us all. For real. Those consoles are not released yet and they are outdated BADLY. We are screwed. The games will stop their evolution soooo bad that in 3-4 years we will be playing nothing but CoD.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 19, 2013, 08:48:49 PM
This is the best solution. The "next" gen will be the shittiest gen technology wise EVER. Yesterday EA dropped the ball with the response that BF4 will play on "720p only" on the new consoles. What the hell is this shit? A 2 years old PC can run on 1080p 99% of the titles on the market but the xXxNEXT_GENxXx consoles still will upscale some games from 720?? And they are preparing this gen to last 10 YEARS.. God help us all. For real. Those consoles are released yet and they are outdated BADLY. We are screwed. The games will stop their evolution soooo bad that in 3-4 years we will be playing nothing but CoD.
Where'd you pull this statistic from?

Nightlord

Nightlord

Here we go.

QuoteLast week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

•An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

•Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.
http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 19, 2013, 08:48:49 PM
This is the best solution. The "next" gen will be the shittiest gen technology wise EVER. Yesterday EA dropped the ball with the response that BF4 will play on "720p only" on the new consoles. What the hell is this shit? A 2 years old PC can run on 1080p 99% of the titles on the market but the xXxNEXT_GENxXx consoles still will upscale some games from 720?? And they are preparing this gen to last 10 YEARS.. God help us all. For real. Those consoles are released yet and they are outdated BADLY. We are screwed. The games will stop their evolution soooo bad that in 3-4 years we will be playing nothing but CoD.

........Wut? Dude...what?

First, graphics aren't everything. I only run games at 720p and they look gorgeous to me. Second...stop their evolution? Have you seen the games that are coming out in the next year? Destiny? The Division? Watch Dogs? Those are nothing like CoD, and referring to Destiny and The Division, those type of games have never even touched consoles before.

God damnit. Now the epic sharing from across the country is gone...shit, that was like the coolest f**king thing. Coulda saved people a bunch of money, but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 19, 2013, 08:50:14 PM

Where'd you pull this statistic from?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a489548/playstation-4-to-have-ten-year-lifespan-says-sony.html

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/65740162

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 19, 2013, 08:51:55 PM
I only run games at 720p and they look gorgeous to me.
All games on the 360, even on 1080p are compared to lowest settings (or even worse) on PC. You should see Metro Last Last (for example) full blown on 1080p on PC. Then we will talk.

Btw I was not talking about the graphics solely. You can quote me where I said anything about the graphics in my previous post.

Prime113

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Xbone has capitulated

You're still paying an extra 100 dollars for a weaker system.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: ScardyFox on Jun 19, 2013, 08:58:59 PM
Xbone has capitulated

You're still paying an extra 100 dollars for a weaker system.

The extra hundred bucks is for the kinect. FOR THE KINECT.

I read that the X1 has, like, .5 less terraflops or something...what exactly does that mean?

Magegg

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 19, 2013, 08:58:22 PM

That's from, like, 4 months ago. They could have easily changed that, or it could have never been true in the first place.
Which part exactly? BF4 release is soon. You will see that the PS4 and the None have 720p option only.

I just hope that David Jaffe was right and this will be the last console gen to be made.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Nightlord on Jun 19, 2013, 08:50:26 PM
Here we go.

QuoteLast week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

•An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

•Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.
http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

We f**king did it, guys.

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 19, 2013, 09:01:11 PM
Quote from: Nightlord on Jun 19, 2013, 08:50:26 PMhttp://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update
"The service is unavailable."

Working fine for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed