X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 151,044 times)

Nightlord

Nightlord

Ah ha.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/xbox-one-will-require-internet-connection-all-games-must-be-installed/

QuoteMicrosoft has confirmed that its new console, Xbox One, will require an internet connection and that all games will need to be installed to the system.

But it doesn't have to be "always on". On xbox.com, Microsoft addressed this issue among other pressing questions saying, "It does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet. We're designing Xbox One to be your all-in-one entertainment system that is connected to the cloud and always ready. We are also designing it so you can play games and watch Blu-ray movies and live TV if you lose your connection."
Basically it sounds like they are going down the steam route with this.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Backwards compatible?

What about all those X-Box Arcade games we downloaded?

Have they been rendered bad investments?

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 21, 2013, 10:48:26 PMBackwards compatible?
They're not.

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 21, 2013, 10:48:26 PMWhat about all those X-Box Arcade games we downloaded?
You'll have to pay again.

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 21, 2013, 10:48:26 PMHave they been rendered bad investments?
Yes

Ratchetcomand

Nightlord

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Well... Hope to see some of you guys on PS4

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Magegg on May 21, 2013, 10:56:30 PM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 21, 2013, 10:48:26 PMBackwards compatible?
They're not.

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 21, 2013, 10:48:26 PMWhat about all those X-Box Arcade games we downloaded?
You'll have to pay again.

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 21, 2013, 10:48:26 PMHave they been rendered bad investments?
Yes

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

good God what the f**k are they thinking over there at Microsoft?

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on May 21, 2013, 11:09:30 PM
So it can play used games now?

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4348916/xbox-used-games
Sounds like damage control, unless Microsoft's vice president is a liar.

Quote"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.

"Let's assume it's a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.

But that doesn't mean used games are dead. In fact, Harrison told us, you'll be able to sell your Xbox One games online.

"We will have a solution—we're not talking about it today—for you to be able to trade your previously-played games online," Harrison said.
http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

So if you buy a used game you have to buy it twice. The physical disc from the seller, and then the right to use the content on the disc from Mcrosoft...

Guess this is their way of getting rid of physical media. The X-Box 4 (hell, maybe even the X-Box One towards the middle of its lifecycle) is almost certainly going to do away with discs entirely.

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

ONE, IS THE LONELIEST NUMBER THAT YOU'LL EVER DOOOO~

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

I likely won't be buying the console.

But God Dammit I want that controller.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I just wanna keep up with Halo... :-\

Aspie

Aspie

So you're telling me that I have to buy this crap, just so I can play Halo?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed