Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders

Started by LastSurvivor92, Apr 12, 2014, 08:41:08 AM

Author
Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders (Read 78,358 times)

Sabby

Found it!

I was wrong in saying he has dual sawn offs. He had three.

Sabby

So, a lot happened since my last anxiety attack. I was sent to a cardiologist, a dietitian, a physiologist, and also put on 20mg of Paroxetine and a Vitamin D supplement. Blood pressure was fine. I'm 10 days into the diet (daily kj limit of 7000), but only 4 days into the meds and work out routine. It's honestly not that hard, so far. I was 178kg a while ago and knocked it down to 150kg without all this, so pretty sure I can beat this. I'm just happy to be able to sleep again and get through my day without the random anxiety.

You guys have been patient as f**k with me, I know I must have lacked decorum on occasions because of all of this, so blanket apologies to anyone I was an asshole towards. I'll get my shit together.

Alionic

Don't worry. As David said, 'big things have small beginnings.'  ;D

Scorpio

Red Queen hypothesis.

Law of the jungle, etc.  Nature is always trying to kill you.

Reichu

I really won the epigenetic jackpot. Not only am I a (supposedly) high-functioning autist, I also have (to little surprise) anxiety and clinical depression. There's also good evidence that I developed bipolar type 2 in my mid-twenties. I've been on the proverbial happy pills since I was in my early teens, and I doubt I'll ever be able to go off them. I wasted the good part of a year trying to lower the doses as much as possible, under my shrink's guidance, and it didn't work out so well.

I'm currently in the midst of one of those "welp, something stopped working, so now I have to spend months weaning myself off the thing that doesn't work to avoid excessive withdrawal symptoms and then introduce the new thing and hope for the best" transition periods. My life needs a real kick in the rear -- eat better! exercise! get regular sleep! GET A JOB!!! -- but at times like this.. Well, it's hard to want to do anything. (Even wasting time on the computer can feel like a chore.) New drugs should arrive in the mail soon. I'm hoping for a hell of a breakthrough.

Sabby

Quote from: Reichu on Aug 29, 2017, 07:46:46 PM
I really won the epigenetic jackpot. Not only am I a (supposedly) high-functioning autist, I also have (to little surprise) anxiety and clinical depression. There's also good evidence that I developed bipolar type 2 in my mid-twenties. I've been on the proverbial happy pills since I was in my early teens, and I doubt I'll ever be able to go off them. I wasted the good part of a year trying to lower the doses as much as possible, under my shrink's guidance, and it didn't work out so well.

I'm currently in the midst of one of those "welp, something stopped working, so now I have to spend months weaning myself off the thing that doesn't work to avoid excessive withdrawal symptoms and then introduce the new thing and hope for the best" transition periods. My life needs a real kick in the rear -- eat better! exercise! get regular sleep! GET A JOB!!! -- but at times like this.. Well, it's hard to want to do anything. (Even wasting time on the computer can feel like a chore.) New drugs should arrive in the mail soon. I'm hoping for a hell of a breakthrough.

I feel ya man. I stupidly went cold turkey last time I had to come off the meds. Don't be me, it was a nightmare.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Aug 23, 2017, 02:21:01 AM
On The Beach was filmed where I grew up.

Gregory Peck or Armand Assante version?

Here's a good movie to lighten your mood:

SM

SM

OG.

Sabby

I remember liking this one more than The Road, if only for the ballsy ending.

Local Trouble

Did it help with your anxiety?

Sabby

In the sense it distracted me, sure.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Aug 31, 2017, 06:15:36 AM
OG.

Do you ever wish you were a Kiwi so you could say you live in Middle-earth?

windebieste

New Zealand has a population of 4 million. 

Everyone in the country either worked on one of 'The Lord of the Rings' / 'The Hobbit' movies - or knows someone who did.  lol

-Windebieste.

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 31, 2017, 09:30:43 AM
Quote from: SM on Aug 31, 2017, 06:15:36 AM
OG.

Do you ever wish you were a Kiwi so you could say you live in Middle-earth?

Constantly.

If I ever win lotto I'd buy a house in Queenstown.  And another one in the Bay of Islands.

SiL

Any Australian who wished they were a Kiwi is a disgrace to this proud nation and the Kiwi-hating for which it stands.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed