- AVP3 - Should it happen ??

Started by dDave, Dec 29, 2007, 05:39:45 PM

In your opinion, should there be a third movie???

Yes, absolutely
Yeah, could be cool
I dont know
No, maybe no good idea
Absolutely NO
Author
- AVP3 - Should it happen ?? (Read 61,786 times)

Major Alan Schaefer

Depends on what it has to offer

MudButt

MudButt

I voted yes, but I don't want it on Earth or in Present Day. I'd rather have it on another Planet.

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

I voted not sure, as I havent seen AVPR yet. Ill make my desicion when I have actually seen it.

nukem11

nukem11

Actors like this should be in AVP 3 as marines hes a good actor as well. They need to bring back those kick ass heroes again.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Random lol...

Well that'll never happen. Apparently anyone directing an Alien or Predator film 1997-and above, is immune to making it really good.

nukem11

nukem11

Yeah I know I should have made a trhead but actors are just as important as the story and I think he would fit in quite well.

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

Wasn't that guy Jango Fett?

nukem11

nukem11

Indeed he was hes been in loads of films.

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: nukem11 on Dec 29, 2007, 09:16:22 PM
Indeed he was hes been in loads of films.

Hes....TEMUERA MORRISON! Hes been in once were warriors, star wars, and various other films. Once, I thought he could be in a Starship Troopers (based on the book, mind you, not the film).

JA Boomer

JA Boomer

My thoughts:

I don't want to see another AVP movie just so there can be another AVP movie. Fox seemingly makes these films now to make a little bit of money. I can only imagine how atrocious Requiem would have been without the Brothers Strause. They may have actually saved the franchises by not making Requiem as bad as it sounds Fox could have made it.

If anyone comes up with something new, original, and good for a Predator, Aliens, or AVP movie I would love to see it made. However, it must be made well...Fox is simply just going to have to open up the wallet on this one. No more crappy scripts and actors. Hire some decent talent, produce a decent movie, and make some decent money. I wouldn't mind if the brothers come back to direct another movie in either series. I think Requiem could have been so much better, but I still enjoyed it, and I think the control and ideas Fox seemed to have forced on the Brothers and the fact that it was their feature film directorial debut made it what it was. Anything down the road I think will be much better.

I personally would like to see an AVP3 movie based on the 1999 PC video game. If I am not mistaken (it's been awhile since I've played it) the company had built a research/military installation to study the aliens, complete with an alien nest/hive. The story begins when a predator arrives and complicates things.

I think it would be neat if the company had built such an installation around the derelict ship on LV-426. That is assuming it was not destroyed during the explosion of the processing plant during 'Aliens'. That might be possible considering the distance from the plant and the unknown alien ship technology. So after the company finds out that Burke and the Marines failed to complete there mission, and that Ripley destroyed herself on Fiorina 161, they build this research installation to study the aliens. Set possibly 10 years after 'Aliens'? How far in the future did Alien 3 take place after Aliens? Anyways...a predator or two shows up, busts loose the aliens. So we have the aliens spreading out and trying to wipe everything out, the predator on a hunt, and the humans trying to survive somehow. USCM Marines would of course be involved, as well as company staff. Heck, you could even have a predalien show up. The movie would end with the destruction of the facility and the derelict...with everything destroyed it would then make sense that the United Systems Military decides to try and clone Ripley in AR, maintaining continuity.

That's what I am hoping for. I realize this would be expensive, but a quality movie could attract the crowds seen for the Alien, Aliens, and Predator movies. I like long movies too, and would hope for a longer epic type film.

Two other things, I wonder if a comic book style / special effect heavy filming style such as used for '300' would make the movie better? You have to admit, it would be cool given the roots of the AVP series. Also, I feel that these movies have lost the scary aspects of them. Alien, Aliens, and even Predator were all scary movies, at least when I first watched them. When I saw AVP-R the other day, I was just not scared, maybe it is just that I am too familiar with the movies, but I didn't get the sense that anyone else in the theater was scared either. It really shouldn't be too hard, I saw 'I Am Legend' last week, and I have to admit, I was scared at points in the movie. Bringing back this 'feel' to the franchise is a must if another movie is to be made. Aliens coming out of nowhere, fast shocking scenes...I dunno, I don't feel it is really that hard to do.

Anyways, thought I would share my $0.02. Share you thoughts on the subject, or just let me keep blindly awaiting my ideas to come true haha.

Private Hudson

I only want an AVP 3 if it is the following: In space, in the Aliens-Alien 3 timeline, the aliens look and move exactly like they did in Aliens, Colonial marines is a must (Have to get the Pulse Rifle and Smartgun sounds right), no Ripley or Ripley wanabes, and on a drifting ship the marines go to rescue or something like that, not aliens taking over a marine base.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

As long as they do it right, in the future, bigger budget, better advertising/merchandising.  and ONLY stick with the Queen for reproduction.  I'd love another AVP film.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

'Alien Resurrection' precludes that story from taking place, as you have described it.

JA Boomer

JA Boomer

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 31, 2007, 09:06:44 AM
'Alien Resurrection' precludes that story from taking place, as you have described it.

Can you tell me why?

Dusk

Dusk

An AvP3 should only happen if whoever at Fox fixated on an earth setting and has the idiotic idea of an Predalien being able to use Pred technology, gets fired. That and free creative control for the director.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed