An AVP game in the vein of Alien: Isolation

Started by DUB1, May 12, 2014, 03:26:24 PM

Author
An AVP game in the vein of Alien: Isolation (Read 506 times)

DUB1

I'm wondering if an AVP game could work with A:I's gameplay. Would A:I's Alien be a dangerous enough foe for a Predator? And vice versa. And would the Predator work as a foe for humans in a A:I-styled game (as in, imagine dealing with a Predator instead of the Alien)?

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

No.

AVP or Predator cannot compare to the Majesty of Alien as a standalone.

ChanceVance

Predator could potentially work really well as an A:I style foe if they made your character like Arnie and have to fend him off without using guns and trying to hide from him in the jungle.I imagine the tension of never knowing where he might be and a red laser sight suddenly lighting up on you could be quite scary

Randomizer

I think that would look cool...but I want the Predator to be something like in AvP 2 .

DUB1

As a playable character in a A:I-styled AVP game, I think the Predator should have a limited arsenal. No Plasma Caster, at least not until the very end, perhaps, no combistick, not even an Alien vision mode. It's only long range weapons would be the shurikens.

The Predator campaign could take place in one of the Predators' pyramids, where one Alien survivor from a previous hunt resides. The Predator in question isn't even on a rite of passage. It only wants to take on the Alien, with a very limited arsenal, and claim it as a trophy.

There wouldn't be only one Alien though, but also a chained Queen, and the eggs "she" lays. There would be many facehuggers crawling around.

Alternately, the story could could be about a Predator captured by the BSPs, that is forced to fight for it's life against an Alien, again, with a very limited arsenal, and no helmet. The captured Predator could be either a Classic or a Black one, it doesn't matter much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed