What would life be like if humans successfully weaponized Aliens & Pred tech?

Started by predxeno, Feb 05, 2012, 01:20:33 AM

Author
What would life be like if humans successfully weaponized Aliens & Pred tech? (Read 2,137 times)

Terx2

Mr Black plasmacaster converted into machine guns ;D So much POWER!!!!!!!!!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Such a thing would irremediably tamper the threatening charisma of the Aliens.
No liekz.

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Feb 08, 2012, 06:34:21 PM
Some of the Predator tech may be hard to reverse engineer, I remember someone on these forums mentioning that their wrist nuke may have a defence mechanism if it ever falls into enemy hands and they tamper with it attempting to find out how it works, they may accidentally set it off.

But I'm not saying it would be impossible, and there is a good reason why Predators take so many measures to keep their tech out of ours hands - except for Pussyface.

As much as I like the idea of capturing an Alien or Predator tech, this post is my thought as well regarding the reverse engineering.  Just the metals alone will be made of elements outside if our periodic table, reason I believe that is most solar systems are binary so the chances of the Pred home planet being from a binary system is high.  This leaves us without the resources they have.

In City Hunter's defense, he did try to blow the place up.  There is something to be said for being older and wiser  :laugh:

The Alien Predator

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Feb 10, 2012, 04:32:50 PM
Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Feb 08, 2012, 06:34:21 PM
Some of the Predator tech may be hard to reverse engineer, I remember someone on these forums mentioning that their wrist nuke may have a defence mechanism if it ever falls into enemy hands and they tamper with it attempting to find out how it works, they may accidentally set it off.

But I'm not saying it would be impossible, and there is a good reason why Predators take so many measures to keep their tech out of ours hands - except for Pussyface.

As much as I like the idea of capturing an Alien or Predator tech, this post is my thought as well regarding the reverse engineering.  Just the metals alone will be made of elements outside if our periodic table, reason I believe that is most solar systems are binary so the chances of the Pred home planet being from a binary system is high.  This leaves us without the resources they have.

In City Hunter's defense, he did try to blow the place up.  There is something to be said for being older and wiser  :laugh:

Yes I forgot about the materials used to make said devices, we may figure out how it is made by looking at the blue prints after dissecting the materials, but we will still lack the material to make more.

In other words, we may be able to make speer guns and use steel darts because we don't have Predatanium to craft the light weight yet sharp as hell dart.

And as for Pussyface, maybe he left behind some of his stuff without much regard as other Predators because he KNEW that humans won't be able to reverse engineer it because of the materials, and his wrist nuke was badly damaged.

I always liked to think that there were "cleaner" Predators around the battlefield, cloaked and simply observing and collecting any bits of fallen Predtech, or bits of the hunter such as Pussyface's hand that fell into the alleyway, also wiping or neutralising any evidence such as Predator blood, we never saw humans analysing some neon green "blood" in a CSI lab.

Even in the comics I have read, the only one I see humans analysing Predator blood was in the Judge Dredd crossover, but all the others I have read they never show police or government analysing their dna, so there has to be something that comes and destroys the evidence during a hunt.

Or they just don't show it.

Nero the Jackal

any country that igoes to war with another country with that tech and using xenos as bio-weapons will be completely destroyed.

chupacabras acheronsis

controlling the aliens is a pretty mediocre goal considering what could be done with aliens.

their senses, their skin, their blood, their biology and morphology, it has so much more potential than that, imagine the industrial uses it's blood and skin has, imagine the kind of stuff we could do if we knew how their muscles are like, or how they take traits from their hosts; even the most vague insight in how the process works would be an incredible breakthrough in all medical fields. any dedicated observation of their behaviour and unmolested interaction with a common environment would give us clues from where or from who they came from.

The Runner

^The Space Jockies probably did the same thing and well look what happened to them :P

Basher917

Quote from: The Runner on Feb 13, 2012, 03:48:29 AM
^The Space Jockies probably did the same thing and well look what happened to them :P

we've only seen one dead space jockey

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: Basher917 on Feb 13, 2012, 05:51:09 AM
Quote from: The Runner on Feb 13, 2012, 03:48:29 AM

we've only seen one dead space jockey

And a completely empty derelict ship although we have only seen a few areas of the ship, so either the space jockey was only one there or the other bodies are in other parts of ship.

Well it doesn't matter if lifeforms can tame an alien or not because the topic of thread is if it was successfully harnessed by humans. Destruction will still happen though if its used in war, a country could be stripped clean.

HybridNewborn

Isn't this what Predator: Concrete Jungle was about? A city built on captured, cannibalized, and reverse-engineered pred tech? Ever the street gangs had cloaking devices, while the really higher ups had plasma canons and other high-tech weapons. And when all else failed, they unleashed the Xeno's on you.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Feb 14, 2012, 08:19:18 AM
Isn't this what Predator: Concrete Jungle was about? A city built on captured, cannibalized, and reverse-engineered pred tech? Ever the street gangs had cloaking devices, while the really higher ups had plasma canons and other high-tech weapons. And when all else failed, they unleashed the Xeno's on you.

And all of that failed to stop THE PREDATOR  :P

Nero the Jackal

Well scarface was a tough Son of a bitch and an experienced warrior to boot.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Feb 14, 2012, 08:59:21 PM

And who knows how many more tough S.O.B.s the Predators have.

Also remember that the Predators are fiercly protective of their technology sometimes. I think life for us will be very difficult when some hardass Predators come looking for their tech back.

Looking at their hunting gear, imagine what their military gear would be like. I think they are overprotective of their tech for a good reason, maybe it is too powerful to be handled by other species who may overthrow them, or they are just a proud bunch who want to stay above us with their awesome tech and show off - or both.

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Feb 15, 2012, 07:35:55 PM

Also remember that the Predators are fiercly protective of their technology sometimes. I think life for us will be very difficult when some hardass Predators come looking for their tech back.

Looking at their hunting gear, imagine what their military gear would be like. I think they are overprotective of their tech for a good reason, maybe it is too powerful to be handled by other species who may overthrow them, or they are just a proud bunch who want to stay above us with their awesome tech and show off - or both.

I agree although if you take E.U as canon and watch AVP, you will note how predators sometimes give their technolgy to humans as a sign of respect.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Feb 18, 2012, 11:38:34 PM
Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Feb 15, 2012, 07:35:55 PM

I agree although if you take E.U as canon and watch AVP, you will note how predators sometimes give their technolgy to humans as a sign of respect.

Yes, I recall a moment where a Predator exhanged his mask for a human's industrial mask as a trade, I'm not too sure why he did that though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed