New Single-Player Map: Alien Trilogy L111 Entrance

Started by Olde, Feb 13, 2024, 07:45:32 PM

Author
New Single-Player Map: Alien Trilogy L111 Entrance (Read 1,578 times)

Russ840

Quote from: Olde on Apr 08, 2024, 07:18:09 AM
Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 07, 2024, 08:25:12 PMThis all sounds fantastic. How do I get this running ?
I assume you have AvP Classic 2000 on either Steam or GOG? If so, download the .zip file and look at the contents. Place the graphics and sound folders in the root directory (for example, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000).

Now do you see the file marked L111_Entrance.rif? That's the map file. Put that in the avp_rifs folder. Now find the file named Derelict.rif and either move it to a separate folder or rename it to something like Derelict_ORIGINAL.rif. Now rename L111_Entrance.rif to Derelict.rif. You're essentially 'tricking' the game into running the new map as the first marine level.

Next, boot up the game and select the first marine mission, Derelict. It should run the Alien Trilogy map instead. If you want to revert back, just have the default Derelict.rif map be in avp_rifs and it should be back to normal.

Yea I have the GOG files. But I use the OG in game FMV's and original menu background and music from my OG disc. Hate the gold updates lol.

Thanks for the instruction. Really looking forward to trying this.

Bobblen

It's a pity avp classic has no way of force loading a custom single player map. Backing up and replacing the 1st marine level is hacky but it's the only way.

Maybe I could have called it 'Derelict.rif' in the zip file to save the renaming step, but I just figured if I'm asking people people to overwrite original game files, I want to be very sure they don't do it by accident! Hope you enjoy the map.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed