(Fan-theory) Predator gender in the films

Started by clickymandibles, May 14, 2023, 06:39:06 PM

Author
(Fan-theory) Predator gender in the films (Read 4,401 times)

SiL

f**k you for making me like Stonetoss.

[cancerblack]

I aim to please.

littlesprout

I like my predators gender less

Master

I like the idea, females are bigger and more aggressive. All that hunting stuff is just to impress the ladies.

Acid_Reign161

Imagine, most preds we've seen on screen are female... the Feral is male.

Eal

Quote from: littlesprout on May 19, 2023, 05:43:03 PMI like my predators gender less

I like your predators gender more.

littlesprout

Blackdawn

Blackdawn

I know I'm late to the party here.

When it comes to Big Mama, she had breasts. The trick behind that is you never saw them because they were strategically placed behind a console.  She was lying on a table, nothing on top and there was a console in the foreground covering her chest. Then throughout the comics, her chest piece covers just a wee bit lower and on both sides.

This isn't to say they have prominent breasts like humans do with a thin waist BUT females do honestly change shape when they come in season. Don't think of that dreaded Forever Midnight book either. Not like that. The changes are subtle. Heat is also viewed on the tendrils and females in season are hotter than usual, so those tendrils will show their body temperature is higher due to the body change. 

Then you have a breeding season. Think like hunting seasons. You can hunt all year long, but hunting out of season doesn't give the prey a chance to reproduce properly to raise their young. So for one reason or another, they have breeding seasons and you now have a bunch of horny gals who are in pain due to their body changing and just all around not happy because they had to wait and are not feeling themselves. 

Now, not done yet. There are also sub-species of Yautja. Meaning females of different sub-species can look different. Our poor young Yautja from Prey was a sub-species.

Add all of that together and you have males who are praying before they step into the ring. 

SiL

Big Mama didn't have breasts. The people examining her even point out how up close and personal you need to get to see any sex characteristics in the species. That was DH's line at the time.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jun 07, 2023, 02:02:16 PMImagine, most preds we've seen on screen are female... the Feral is male.

I can buy it.

Blackdawn

Blackdawn

Quote from: SiL on Sep 11, 2023, 07:14:28 AMBig Mama didn't have breasts. The people examining her even point out how up close and personal you need to get to see any sex characteristics in the species. That was DH's line at the time.

Eh, true. I still say females develop breasts when they're pregnant. Not saying like humans. Then when they're done rearing their young goes back to nothing there.
I'm just looking at the point of view with them being mammalian. Erm, think of extreme female body builders, there's nothing basically there.

Or did I miss something?

SiL

I never saw anything about them that screamed mammal, personally.

littlesprout

A predator with breasts terrifies me, not in a good way.

Blackdawn

Quote from: SiL on Sep 12, 2023, 04:49:29 AMI never saw anything about them that screamed mammal, personally.

They are more reptilian and they do birth live infants - meaning no eggs. What would clarify everything is if the infants can eat solids as soon as they're born. Meaning females have no mammary glands. If the infants can't eat solids then females have mammary glands.

....the important things in life to discuss. LOL

SiL

Quote from: Blackdawn on Sep 13, 2023, 10:55:03 PMWhat would clarify everything is if the infants can eat solids as soon as they're born. Meaning females have no mammary glands. If the infants can't eat solids then females have mammary glands.
Birds might have something to say about that.

Conversely, so would Guinea pigs - mammals, but the pups can eat solids at birth.

The distinct lack of nipples is a decent enough sign they're not mammals.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed