Recent posts

Predator Films / Re: Dan Trachtenberg To Direct...
Last post by SiL - Today at 08:51:50 PM
#PeopleWithMiceInTheirPockets
Alien: Romulus / Re: Why Alien: Romulus pits th...
Last post by Slutty Badger - Today at 08:51:37 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 08:50:49 PMLol who's "we" ? I'm certainly not a part of it.

Then you are not a part of this fanbase! Begone!
Alien: Romulus / Re: Why Alien: Romulus pits th...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 08:50:49 PM
Quote from: Slutty Badger on Today at 04:51:23 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Today at 03:15:22 PMTrue I guess. I just don't want a repeat of Covenant.

No. What we DO want is a continuation!

Lol who's "we" ? I'm certainly not a part of it.
Predator Films / Re: Dan Trachtenberg To Direct...
Last post by Corporal Hicks - Today at 08:28:54 PM
#InDanWeTrust
Alien Films / Re: Aliens Expanded - A New Al...
Last post by Corporal Hicks - Today at 08:18:27 PM
I'm sure I've probably said this before, but it's likely buried. When I met with Robin Block, the first thing I asked him was how it was going to be going to be different to Rinzler's book or what Charles had done, and he pitched me a documentary that was more than just retelling those same old stories, it would explore the impact of the film - on us as fans, on cinema and culture, on the franchise. I invited him and Ian on our podcast to put that across to our audience as well.

I'm certainly disappointed to hear the True Fan card was played by Robin in response to criticism around the pricing, but I'm led to believe this pricing isn't too dissimilar to a lot of fan produced documentaries. I don't know how true that is, but I'm wasn't too fussed about the cost. I made the decision that I was happy to spend the money and support the production. I purchased the t-shirt level pledge when the initial round of crowdfunding went up.

No, I was not invited to participate on the documentary itself, despite being a guest on their first vidcast. I did reach out to offer my participation upon learning that Jamie Prater had been interviewed for the documentary but received no response. I offered again when learning about the pushback after they'd filmed more interviews, but it was politely declined. I don't know if I didn't impress during my appearance on their podcast, but I was understandably disappointed to not participate. Not so much as to write off the documentary, though. I'm still very much looking forward to it.

As stated, I was on the fan council, though perhaps I didn't participate enough to stand out. I did miss out on the chances to watch an early cut of the documentary due to how overwhelmed I have been this decade (that depresses me to say) and didn't have the time to sit down and watch and review it. I did, however, suggest and connect the production with Mark Verheiden (and possibly some other cast, I can't really remember at this moment).

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 11, 2024, 04:41:14 PMHicks is on the fan council though, that helped consult the content that will be in the documentary. Not sure why he wasn't asked to be on the actual production though. But then, the fan council thing has some eyebrow raising choices. This instagram account is on that council as well, which likely might only be the case because they have a couple thousand followers. Maybe they're more of a true fan than others, but I honestly couldn't tell you why.

That's run by the same people who also run the USS Sulaco group on Facebook, one of the largest groups on the platform.

Quote from: Scott Conover on Yesterday at 11:49:54 AMI don't think the director has a a single tangible thing to his name?

The director is a well regarded editor of Empire magazine and has literally written books on Ridley Scott, James Cameron and Alien. Ian's involvement was another thing that attracted me to the production.
AvP Galaxy News / Re: What Is Canon & Should We ...
Last post by Slutty Badger - Today at 07:16:24 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Today at 07:11:15 PMMight be wrong but I though Gaska said it was the whole thing, players get to set the stage and decide what is or what isn't canon.

Nope. He even states that Myths and Legends should be regarded as "tall tales told in bars".

Hence "bar-room canon".
Last post by The Cruentus - Today at 07:11:15 PM
Might be wrong but I though Gaska said it was the whole thing, players get to set the stage and decide what is or what isn't canon.
Last post by Slutty Badger - Today at 07:05:24 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Today at 06:37:58 PMSame thing until the RPG made the distinction and even then, bar room canon, camp fire tales.

Also cold forge huggers were meant to be the "normal" ones and still injected instantly.

So my comment still stands.

Yet again, the "bar-room canon" demarcation applies to the "Myths and Legends" stuff, i.e. certain games, novels, and comics that are essentially non-canon or otherwise don't fit, like the Aliens omnibuses, the plot of ACM, and the Herk Mondo comics.
Hyped. Was worried Edgar Wright might not be attached to this anymore after taking on The Running Man but I'm glad to hear it sounds like he is.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed