PREDATOR Prequel Novel - Christopher Golden

Started by felix, Aug 04, 2016, 05:33:52 AM

Author
PREDATOR Prequel Novel - Christopher Golden (Read 57,220 times)

Randomizer

Not at all. I'll just pretend this never existed, since I'm not going to retcon the first movie in a stupid way like that. Until further info is revealed I'll keep my mouth shut, but I honestly dislike the idea of retconning source material.

Denton Smalls

I don't like this. Now I feel bad for the Predator Dutch drops a tree on. :(

happypred

Sounds like the Rogue kills Hopper and Dutch's men
Then Boyscout kills Rogue
Then Dutch kills Boyscout after the "honour" duel

So the two Predators are twins...

Ultramorph

As long as they don't add secret Colonial Marines, I'll be fine.  :laugh:

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 04, 2016, 06:37:23 PM
As long as they don't add secret Colonial Marines, I'll be fine.  :laugh:

Didn't you know? Dutch and his team were all Colonial Marines.  :laugh:

Seriously though, I am really looking forward to see how this plays out. Who knows? We might hear some more lore from the Predator's point of view if that happens in the book. I really enjoyed those tidbits in South China Sea. Especially mentioning past hunts on other worlds.

SM

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 04, 2016, 03:05:34 PM
Is it wrong to say that I think they're trying to fix something that ain't broke?

It's only wrong to say they're trying to fix something.  It's just a spin on off-screen events like River of Pain.

Isolation, Out of the Shadows and River of Pain all turned out a lot better than their synopsis would suggest.

The Alien Predator

That's definitely true, I enjoyed all of those.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Aug 04, 2016, 08:57:43 PM
It's only wrong to say they're trying to fix something.  It's just a spin on off-screen events like River of Pain.

But the Thomas Brothers said that they had written the movie in mind originally with three Hunters but then since that didn't work out so well, they changed the story with the focus on ONE Hunter.. so... I'm trying to picture this in my head how this new story could fit. I mean to me, all the scenes in the Predator movie, for over twenty years... have indicated to me that it was the same and one Predator.

SM

And this is just a new spin on it.

Since you're not likely to read it, it's probably not worth troubling yourself over.

SiL

That is the dumbest sounding prequel I've heard in a long damn time.

Up next: Kyle Reese was a T1000, a good Arnie T800 was sent back to stop him, killed the bad T800 that was also sent back along the way, killed the T1000 Kyle Reese but was mistaken for the bad Arnie T800 and crushed in the press while he tried to explain what was happening to Sarah Conner.

Kurai

I agree that this sounds incredibly silly... Then again, it's the quality of the writing that will make or break it.
Either way I won't be considering this as canon unless The Predator explicitly includes allusions to it.

Next we'll hear that the Super Predators were actually good guys and the Crucified Predator was a horrid criminal who, along with his friends, brought the humans to the Preserve Planet. The Super Predators only started attacking because the humans constantly shot at them.  :laugh:

happypred

Wouldn't it make sense for a Bad Blood to kill Hopper's men...Good Pred kills BB.

Then GP decides to hunt Arnie and co. since he's on Earth...why not.

Seriously...right now this is sounding f**king moronic

Ultramorph

Even if this twist is a bit silly, we'll still probably get some good Predator action, so I'm good with it. More excited about the anthology at the minute. Hopefully we get more Predator novels set in the future, like Flesh and Blood.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 05, 2016, 04:14:47 PM
Even if this twist is a bit silly, we'll still probably get some good Predator action, so I'm good with it. More excited about the anthology at the minute. Hopefully we get more Predator novels set in the future, like Flesh and Blood.

Or set in the far future like the Rage War.

DUB1

I wonder what exactly makes the rogue, well, a rogue. Aren't "Bad Bloods" that because they kill innocent and completely helpless prey? Hopper and his men were military, exactly the kind of prey that "Good Bloods" like to hunt. So what did the rogue do that was so evil? Did it steal it's arsenal, or a ship? Or another Predator's trophies?

Hey, maybe that's why Dutch mistook the good Predator for the rogue, the good one had just gotten it's stolen helmet and trophies back! You see, when Dutch roared, the good one, who was really far away from it's ship, got really scared! That's why it fought Dutch! When it took off it's helmet and gear, it had gone through so much that it just wanted to beat Dutch to death! It self-destructed as a F you to him for his unprovoked assault!

But wait, why did it mimic Billy's laugh if it never killed him? Because the rogue mimicked it during it's last fight against the good one, who recorded it! Also, notice the Jungle Hunter never wore human skulls? Just those of small alien critters? That means it didn't hunt humans! Ever! Making the fate of Saint-Predator all the more tragic!

But seriously, this story might make more sense if the rogue killed the good one, and if their encounter happened completely off-screen in the first movie. Though if they wanted an hostile encounter between two Predators, they should have just written an original story about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed