Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 132,047 times)

BigDaddyJohn

And it doesn't look exactly like in Covenant.

cockroach

cockroach

Entertainment weekly has released new images! But I can't seem to attach lol

https://x.com/mikes_monsters/status/1786447484178575508?s=46&t=V-2F4P14hkTcN8Los8Q_Bg

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: cockroach on May 03, 2024, 05:38:48 PMEntertainment weekly has released new images! But I can't seem to attach lol

Just set up a thread for the new images and the accompanying article, since it seemed like a substantial enough drop of information to carry the weight of its own thread: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=67383.0

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: GrimmVision on May 02, 2024, 10:08:46 PMWhat are we anticipating Romulus to gross worldwide?

And do you believe box office failure means an unsuccessful film?

Prometheus and Covenant were both deemed failures (which I don't personally get) making $403 million and $241 million respectively.
Not accounting for inflation, Prometheus is currently the 8th highest grossing horror film in history.

I think Romulus will make about $320 million worldwide and be a success with fans.

I say 600 Million. Been a while since a Alien film.

Ingwar

Ingwar

600? Never, Dune 2 did 700+. 200-300 would be great.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: Ingwar on May 03, 2024, 06:36:41 PM600? Never, Dune 2 did 700+. 200-300 would be great.

Rated R films do tend to gross less, but if you look at what kids cartoons are like now, they are very mature and gory; I remember when it was Acme and Nick Toons, now its more mature fair, which means more likely kids will go see Romulus.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Most kids won't be allowed to go see Romulus because it's R rated :)

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: Ingwar on May 03, 2024, 06:44:55 PMMost kids won't be allowed to go see Romulus because it's R rated :)

My point is they will wanna see it. That they have grown up with more mature media. :)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Of course, but majority of them won't see it at the cinema. Obviously it depends where you live. I was 14 when I saw A:R at the cinema. Ticket lady didn't care :)

Nightmare Asylum

I saw Predators in the theater at 16, one year too young to get a ticket myself. Had my mom go up to the counter and get the ticket for me (and for my friends as well). They only carded people when purchasing the tickets, not when walking into the theater with the tickets, so that was the perfect workaround to their system at the time that allowed me to get into the movie without having to sneak in. Had her do that for a few other R rated movies around the same time, when I was right on the cusp like that.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Movie ratings really have kinda become pointless. Some PG-13 films are more R than Rated R, only bumping to R if they say too many F bombs.

Immortan Jonesy

Slutty Badger

It's like Danny McBride said while making Covenant - it's not just running away from a tennis ball on a stick.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: E. Shaw on May 03, 2024, 06:33:09 PMI say 600 Million. Been a while since a Alien film.
Prometheus didn't even do those numbers with the return of Ridley Scott, after no Alien films for 15 years, and it was the highest grossing of the films.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: SiL on May 04, 2024, 11:36:27 PM
Quote from: E. Shaw on May 03, 2024, 06:33:09 PMI say 600 Million. Been a while since a Alien film.
Prometheus didn't even do those numbers with the return of Ridley Scott, after no Alien films for 15 years, and it was the highest grossing of the films.
But nobody knew that Prometheus was an Alien film, the average people didn't know it. Everyone that wasn't familiar with the franchise I had to explain them how it was connect with Alien

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed