Recent posts

General Game Discussion / Re: Star Wars Games
Last post by Immortan Jonesy - Yesterday at 04:16:25 PM
Quote from: EurogamerThe news comes from DualShockers, which has reported as of October 2023 Total War: Star Wars was one of three games in development at the studio.

The studio's most recent game was Total War: Pharaoh, but a Star Wars game would see it return to the more fantastical settings of Total War: Warhammer and (to an extent) Total War: Three Kingdoms.

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1791426457882816902

Alien Films / Re: Favourite Alien Movie?
Last post by BeeHooKoo - Yesterday at 03:54:30 PM
For me the question wasn't even fair, the first 1979 version is the best Alien movie. I like the haunting atmosphere of the first film, the horror elements, the theme changes, the development of the actors' characters as the story progresses, the details, etc. Otherwise, the film is exceptional in the world of cinema.

Aliens comes in second, but it's hard to compare Cameron and Scott's films because they represent different film genres.
James Cameron's Aliens movie has a strong action and hero vibe right from the beginning, lots of guns, macho action, lots of aliens, lots of everything...compared to Ridley Scott's Alien movie, I think Cameron's Aliens has too much of everything.

Alien 3 was a good try, but is overshadowed by the first two Alien movies.
What about Alien Resurrection...that's a movie that shouldn't have been made at all.

"David8" movies have been less noticed by me. Sure, they're well done and everything is ok, but...there is something about them that I don't like, I don't know what, maybe it's the plot and xeno birth idea that I don't really like - I can't say.

I'm waiting to see a Romulus movie, but I think it's just a teen slasher movie in space without any major plot content or more aliens in the story.
I expect more from the TV Series than from Romulus.
Quote from: Smithsonian MagThe Italian Renaissance artist, who lived during the late 15th and early 16th centuries, will be the subject of a forthcoming biopic from Universal Pictures. The studio recently confirmed that Andrew Haigh, best known for All of Us Strangers (2023), will direct the production, as Variety's Tatiana Siegel reports.

https://twitter.com/SmithsonianMag/status/1791438770312503383
General Game Discussion / Re: Halo
Last post by Immortan Jonesy - Yesterday at 03:38:47 PM
Yeah, in a way they look like belonging to someone playing with Nerf pistols ;D
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by cucuchu - Yesterday at 03:35:52 PM
I suffered through AVP: R in cinema

Thanks to my kiddos I've sat through an immeasurable number of Disney/kid movies over the last decade+ to include Frozen (3 times) only to have brief bits of respite when a 4 year old needs to to take a 10 minute shit half-way through the film.

So yes I'll shell out some money to go see Romulus if only if it means a chance at a decent Alien film. Truth is though I have very high expectations for this one and a large part of that is just from the ambience set in the teaser and the amount of appreciation Fede has for the series. At best it's a film that holds up with the originals and at worst it will at least nail the atmosphere of the originals. So definitely worth it to me.
Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by Darwinsgirl - Yesterday at 03:32:53 PM

"Expired"

David Covenant
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed