Shane Black Talks The Predator Costume Design!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 13, 2016, 05:12:09 AM

Author
Shane Black Talks The Predator Costume Design! (Read 33,970 times)

DaddyYautja

I hope they dont do something seriously stupid like give him a bunch of guns and drones because that's the cool thing now.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: DaddyYautja on May 13, 2016, 05:56:13 PM
I hope they dont do something seriously stupid like give him a bunch of guns and drones because that's the cool thing now.

PREDATORS sort of did the drone thing.

overthere

There's no point in having a drone except for mapping the area. What kind of hunt is sending a robot do kill while you're at a safe distance. Predators would never do that.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 13, 2016, 05:48:58 PM
Some folks are speculating that we're going to be seeing a new sub-species... Personally, I wouldn't want this.

Don't know where they're getting that one from. I'd think if Black is aware of the franchise and reaction then general reaction to Predators would probably keep him away from that direction.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: overthere on May 13, 2016, 06:40:12 PM
There's no point in having a drone except for mapping the area. What kind of hunt is sending a robot do kill while you're at a safe distance. Predators would never do that.

Yeah, I can see them using drones just to map an area and mark the amount of prey, like if they are infiltrating some building and need to do a quick scan and estimate of how prepared they should be.

And then...

The hunt begins!

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 13, 2016, 06:46:01 PM
Don't know where they're getting that one from. I'd think if Black is aware of the franchise and reaction then general reaction to Predators would probably keep him away from that direction.

A friend of mine brought up a point that the Predator from Predator 2 could be seen as a potential sub-species from the original Predator seen in the first movie. I mean they even brought up the snake analogy quote from Stan Winston but... I don't see them like snakes in a way.

Personally, I see the Predators from the first two films, and this is including the rest of the Lost Clan-- as the same species. Like... they are the Homo Sapiens of the Predators. Just different ethnicity.

The Super Predators are the sub-species, and someone around here likened them to being Neanderthals...

I don't know, I just have this thing where I'm just trying to make sense of it all and just... keep a cautious sense of optimism here. I just don't want to see Super Predators, or Predators with six mandibles, four arms, ten eyes... horns... Whatever.

And I trust Shane will keep the original design in mind, but just build on it or do his own interpretation of it.

Corporal Hicks

As far as I'm concerned they're all just different ethnicities of the same species.

RakaiThwei

I just want a movie I can be happy with. And a Predator I can accept with open arms.

Corporal Hicks

Is that even possible?!  :P In all seriousness though, I'm feeling good about The Predator so far. Everything I hear just makes me more and more interested and confident in what Shane Black is doing.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 13, 2016, 08:11:00 PM
Is that even possible?!  :P

I maybe a hard to please person but at the same time, it's very easy to please me. :D

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 13, 2016, 08:11:00 PM
I'm feeling good about The Predator so far. Everything I hear just makes me more and more interested and confident in what Shane Black is doing.

Right now, I am more of a wait and see... I'm on the fence in regards to where this movie could be going and it's impact on the overall franchises. I'm fine with it being set in the present day, that part I am okay with.

I just want to know what Predator we're getting, what it's going to look like, and most importantly... what is Shane's story he has in mind, and if he plans on expanding Predator culture, what those expansions are. That's what I want to know the most, and I hope they are something... agreeable for me as a fan of the Predator.

I know I've been... pessimistic in regards to recent new releases BUT believe it or not.. I want to be optimistic about this film but I'm keeping my distance... for now. If that's at all reasonable.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 13, 2016, 07:57:09 PM
As far as I'm concerned they're all just different ethnicities of the same species.

That is what Stan winston said about the p2 preds.

overthere

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 13, 2016, 08:16:54 PM
I just want to know what Predator we're getting, what it's going to look like, and most importantly... what is Shane's story he has in mind, and if he plans on expanding Predator culture, what those expansions are. That's what I want to know the most, and I hope they are something... agreeable for me as a fan of the Predator.

So basically you want to know the entire movie?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: overthere on May 13, 2016, 08:41:11 PM
So basically you want to know the entire movie?

A synopsis would be good for a start.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 13, 2016, 06:36:53 PM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on May 13, 2016, 05:56:13 PM

PREDATORS sort of did the drone thing.

His name was Falconer, he was imitating a falconer.

Im talking more about little helicopter things flying around and shooting.  I can see the plasma caster lift and start flying around.

Quote from: overthere on May 13, 2016, 06:40:12 PM

A Pred would never shoot from a safe position? That's pretty much what they have done from the start.

And it could also be a scene where he taking care of a huge group so he could get his trophy.

overthere

Quote from: DaddyYautja on May 14, 2016, 12:14:35 AM
A Pred would never shoot from a safe position? That's pretty much what they have done from the start.

And it could also be a scene where he taking care of a huge group so he could get his trophy.

Yea he shoots from a relatively safe position, but he's there at the location. He could send a drone and never leave the ship, where's the fun in that?

Same thing with getting the trophy over a huge group. If he can't claim it on his own, he doesn't deserve it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed