Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 565,539 times)

Weasel

Weasel

Aliens
Alien
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection

Vakarian

Vakarian

Alien And Aliens

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Nov 02, 2008, 08:50:31 PM
Quote from: somanymods on Nov 02, 2008, 07:28:21 PM
just so david fincher could change the story they way he wanted to and then never even really finished it.
Not only did Fincher not write Alien 3, he never had a hand in the special edition, either.

I think of Fincher as an anonymous 3rd party involved in Alien 3 only b/c he was brought in at the last minute and doesn't seem to want to be associated with it in any form.

Alien³

Alien³

My opinion on people who rate A:R above A3 is wake up and smell the coffee. Watch Alien 3 assembly cut and tell me its not AWESOME! The story, sets, music, acting even the old school effects make it cool.
A:R was awful. There was no fear factor the aliens were not scary at all.

As people have probably guessed on this site I really despise A:R. More than anything its the story they chose to take that pissed me off. They could have made a decent film if it didn't contain Ripley 8 or anything to do with her.   

BodySnatcher

BodySnatcher

Quote from: Alien3 on Nov 04, 2008, 08:34:47 PM
My opinion on people who rate A:R above A3 is wake up and smell the coffee. Watch Alien 3 assembly cut and tell me its not AWESOME! The story, sets, music, acting even the old school effects make it cool.

As people have probably guessed on this site I really despise A:R. More than anything its the story they chose to take that pissed me off. They could have made a decent film if it didn't contain Ripley 8 or anything to do with her.   

Why assembly cut?

The theatrical is true to the original and creepy as hell!

F**k Hicks!

F**k Newt!

It's a solid entry to the series and A:R wishes it was in the same league as Alien3!

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: KanesSon on Nov 04, 2008, 09:41:28 PM
Quote from: Alien3 on Nov 04, 2008, 08:34:47 PM

Why assembly cut?

The theatrical is true to the original and creepy as hell!

F**k Hicks!

F**k Newt!

It's a solid entry to the series and A:R wishes it was in the same league as Alien3!

Assembly cut is longer and more epic. Builds a lot more on the original.

gameoverman

gameoverman

The same league?  It's a totally different movie.  Don't let your hate blind you.  They were never meant to be compared.

BodySnatcher

BodySnatcher

Quote from: gameoverman on Nov 04, 2008, 09:54:41 PM

The same league?  It's a totally different movie.  Don't let your hate blind you.  They were never meant to be compared.

It's just... I get... so frustrated!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Alien Resurrection sucked. A3 is Alien when compared to it.

Deckard

Deckard

1. Alien
2. Aliens
3. Alien 3

I don't like A:R or any of the AVPs myself, so I just choose to ignore them the same way I ignore Kingdom of the Crystal Skull or Blues Brothers 2000.

joeisdaman190

joeisdaman190

aliens (best movie ever)
alien
alien3
alien res

Nyktimos

Nyktimos

Alien and Aliens

Can't choose between them.  Two different but excellent movies.

Alien 3

Liked it at the cinema, but it really came to life for me when I saw the Assembly Cut.  The story makes more sense, the characters feel more real, and it has a great mixture of epic and claustrophobic scenes.

Alien:Resurrection

A pointless addition to the series, but I suppose an enjoyable piece of scifi action.  I still watch it from time to time

The_Undertaker

The_Undertaker

My favourite Alien of all time has to be Alien 3. Both Aliens and Alien: Resurrection were great movies but not that great than what Alien 3 delivers. Don't get me wrong, but the first Alien movie was kinda crappish. :-\

Nyktimos

Nyktimos

Quote from: The_Undertaker on Jan 14, 2009, 02:07:42 PM
My favourite Alien of all time has to be Alien 3. Both Aliens and Alien: Resurrection were great movies but not that great than what Alien 3 delivers. Don't get me wrong, but the first Alien movie was kinda crappish. :-\

Seems that way now, doesn't it?  Alien was a monster-picking-off-group-of-people-one-by-one b-movie of the type that had been made for decades, but done with bags more style and a body-horror theme.  As truly alien as the creature seemed when I first saw it, it now just looks like a guy in a scary suit.  But the film is about much more than that, and it says much more than that.  Off the back of the space opera Star Wars, this dark view of the future worked well.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: The_Undertaker on Jan 14, 2009, 02:07:42 PM

Alien was kinda crappish? I've gotta hear the explanation on this one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed