SM

SM

;D

ace3g

ace3g

kwisatz

kwisatz

I dont get it.

Im just skimming through the 'Reviews' section on imdb for TLJ and i mustve hit that 'Load more' button bout 7-8 times now and i still have not found a single review that awards it more than 5 stars. And more than a half are 1s/2s.

Still the film has a 7.5 average, dafuq?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Generally more people rate the film than review it. Of course I'm sure someone will pipe up and claim that IMDb has been paid off. :laugh:

SiL

SiL

Yeah, the reviews have nothing to do with the score. Scoring and reviewing are separate functions.

SM

SM

Quote from: kwisatz on Jan 26, 2018, 03:18:40 AM
I dont get it.

Im just skimming through the 'Reviews' section on imdb for TLJ and i mustve hit that 'Load more' button bout 7-8 times now and i still have not found a single review that awards it more than 5 stars. And more than a half are 1s/2s.

Only about 4000 more to wade through.

kwisatz

kwisatz

:D

Still, when im doing the same for that new Thor i find a decent amount of 8s and 10s.

Has only 800 overall though.

I guess just a lot of people got really butthurt over this one...

SiL

SiL

Voting breakdown:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt

Mostly 7/8 ratings. 1s and 10s are weighted differently so people spamming one end or the other don't throw off the scale completely.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Makes sense.

TFA paints about the same picture "review"-wise, bit more 4s and 5s.

It seems totally different with the LOTR films though, not every review starts with "ruined" or a death threat. Probably rational folks have more and more given up on adding stuff with actual critical value to imdb over the past decade, aside from the mere voting--

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

I dont get it.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the reviews and scores on IMDB/Rotten Tomatoes when it comes to The Last Jedi. There have been a series of reports indicating that those sites have been trolled with a huge amount of people spamming them with 1's before the film even came out.

If you're looking to see the criticisms against the film, my advice is go to Youtube. Making videos requires time and effort, so people are much less likely to do it just for the lul'z. Even if the video itself is crap, you'll still probably get a genuine response.

kwisatz

kwisatz

I really only did it out of curiosity.

Then again the amount of hate i was met by somehow surprised me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jVRnQSzFYw

ahhh now thats where Trump...

Highland

Highland

Quote from: kwisatz on Jan 26, 2018, 03:45:28 AM
Makes sense.

TFA paints about the same picture "review"-wise, bit more 4s and 5s.

It seems totally different with the LOTR films though, not every review starts with "ruined" or a death threat. Probably rational folks have more and more given up on adding stuff with actual critical value to imdb over the past decade, aside from the mere voting--

The thing is a lot of the positive critic reviews highlight many of the problems, yet still have that shiny tomato sitting there. It's really not a good rating system. I find audience score is much closer to my score or at least, it's a much more representative score. TLJ isn't a 49% stinker, but it's not a 91% masterpiece. The difference is probably about right.

Quotehere have been a series of reports indicating that those sites have been trolled with a huge amount of people spamming them with 1's before the film even came out.

RT addressed this as being wrong, the numbers are mostly legitimate as they have people checking. Obviously it's just a bit more scathing than would usually be the case. People care deeply about Star Wars, who knew.

kwisatz

kwisatz

I guess there are a tad bit more haterz than usual around this time cause with SW its really all or nothing for a lot of people. If the main storytelling choices don't work for them then the rest of the film is pure shit too. For them the film is literally over the moment Luke throws the saber.

I think maybe Marvel has a lot more casual viewers than one assumes on first sight, who are way more forgiving when it comes to these Death Star budget products. The Marvel films can be lighter by their mere nature though. You just cant win as a creative person in charge when it comes to SW and your name isnt George. And as of late your pretty much chanceless even then...

TLJ is a heavily flawd film though. The LOTR films for example play in a whole different league IMO. They have a well written foundation though, maybe thats still key after all--

tleilaxu

tleilaxu

Marvel films are relatively new and appeal to a wide range of p̶l̶e̶b̶e̶i̶a̶n̶s̶ people. Can't really ruin 50 years of mythology for the fanboys.

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Jan 26, 2018, 03:51:37 AM
I dont get it.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the reviews and scores on IMDB/Rotten Tomatoes when it comes to The Last Jedi. There have been a series of reports indicating that those sites have been trolled with a huge amount of people spamming them with 1's before the film even came out.

If you're looking to see the criticisms against the film, my advice is go to Youtube. Making videos requires time and effort, so people are much less likely to do it just for the lul'z. Even if the video itself is crap, you'll still probably get a genuine response.
Youtube is just as shite if you ask me. It's the same average Joe except with an audience and a clickbait title to generate ad revenue.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed