New LA Times interview with Ridley Scott on Alien.

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, May 30, 2020, 05:07:44 PM

Author
New LA Times interview with Ridley Scott on Alien. (Read 22,519 times)

razeak

I'm not getting excited over Scott taking another crack at it. He's 1 for 3. There are things to enjoy sure, but there are many issues outside of general likes or dislikes for the past 2 movies. Regardless, I'll give it a chance, but I'll ago in with low expectations. Before Covenant, I thought maybe Prometheus was just a misstep. I'm glad he's wanting to innovate, I just don't think he's the right person for the job anymore.

Richman678

Yeah for me the thrill of Scott died with Covenant.

I'm now joining team Blomkamp.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: David's Creation on Jun 03, 2020, 09:48:19 AMThis makes me concerned that maybe he is actually planning to establish David or Walter as the space jockey...

In a future struggle during Alien Covenant 2 (or Prometheus 3) David falls into the Jockey Chair and the (now canon?) "spacesuit" engulfs him. Before he can pilot the "donut ship" our millenial heroes pour the black goo over David as the shell closes.

A calcification process occurs due to the evolutionary principles of the black goo seen in Covenant. David's fossilized carcass is perceived to have aged "over thousands of years", as commented when Kane discovers the "space jockey" in Alien (1979).

Ripley 8 from Resurrection discovers the donut ship was not destroyed in Aliens after all as it was too far from Hadley's Hope in a re-scripted ALIEN 5. She cracks open the tomb of David for him to whisper "what took you so long?".

Horrified at this she is sent back in time by a PREDATOR race, during post credits, to the end of THE PREDATOR to stop Weyland Yutani from ever forming and.............it's in vain as AVP and AVP-R had already taken place before Ripley (8's) arrival.

The end.

razeak

That's horrifying lol

Evanus

If he really wants to make David the Space Jockey (which I doubt, but you never know), then I'd say that's going too far and I hope it won't happen.

However, he should still make the third prequel. There is immense potential. David is a great character and his story isn't over yet. Leaving the story unfinished like this will do more harm than good. They just need to be careful not going overboard by explaining everything.

Letneper

Letneper

But if David or Walter were the space jockey... Can an android get impregnated by an alien? I thought not... Although on the other hand, wouldn't it would be cool, if somehow David was able to birth an alien, sacrificing himself, and making something that is truly biomechanical?

Actually, wasn't that space jockey larger than the humans? I don't think Ridley Scott would ignore that fact and make it David.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Letneper on Jun 03, 2020, 08:24:55 PM
But if David or Walter were the space jockey... Can an android get impregnated by an alien? I thought not... Although on the other hand, wouldn't it would be cool, if somehow David was able to birth an alien, sacrificing himself, and making something that is truly biomechanical?

Actually, wasn't that space jockey larger than the humans? I don't think Ridley Scott would ignore that fact and make it David.

I definitely see it going in a direction that somehow David's mechanical components factor into the final development of the Alien (hence why they were purely biological in Covenant).

I think the answer to that is going to lie in the pathogen. Somehow, in his experiments, David is going to find a way to meld his mechanical components with the pathogen in terrifying fashion.

DaveT937

Nightmare Asylum

Eh, that's infinitely more interesting to me than any other attempt to replicate the "Shoot em up marines! Ooh rah!" piece of media we've gotten that's attempted to replicate Aliens while entirely missing the point of Aliens.

I really want to see Ridley's vision brought to a close before the franchise moves on to something else with a new filmmaker.

Enjoy

I feel like i have read this exact thing more then once over the last decade or two.
Daft is sweet talking a alien worm snake and it breaking your arm and ruining the whole trip.

Huggs

The problem with Ridley's vision is that he apparently doesn't have one.

The prequels have convinced me that he's flying by the seat of his britches when it comes to these movies.

Nightmare Asylum

And in doing so, made the "interesting but messy" Prometheus into the "just plain interesting" Alien: Covenant. 8)

Rabbit2100

Ridley scott definitely should not be given another Alien film.

Hes a jealous old man who got sensitive when a young up and coming scifi director upstaged him with a project more in line with what the fans wanted to see.

Evanus

Quote from: Rabbit2100 on Jun 04, 2020, 12:14:13 AM
Hes a jealous old man who got sensitive when a young up and coming scifi director upstaged him with a project more in line with what the fans wanted to see.
Ridley's too busy working on 3 movies a year to be that petty.

Adam802

Keep Ridley far away from the franchise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed