Should they make a game like Aliens after Isolation?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 29, 2014, 03:04:50 PM

Author
Should they make a game like Aliens after Isolation? (Read 6,376 times)

PVTDukeMorrison

"Should they remake Aliens Colonial Marines after Isolation?"

DwayneHicks

DwayneHicks

If they were to remake or make a complete different game they could have Hicks as the main character the player plays as. I think part of the problem for many fans and gamers alike was that you were not directly able to play as him and that he was an AI. They could have him in a game more the vain of alien isolation if the it prove to be successful.  Also alien 3 may have had him die but they could not identify it was actually his body in the film. So that why is there able to bring him back.

SM

The body was wearing Hicks dog tags...

He's dead.  There's a bunch of ways you could have a colonial marines shooting Aliens game (sans Predators).  You don't need to pointlessly resurrect dead characters.  Many have said Bug Hunt was a highlight and that had no story and certainly no Hicks.

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on Jul 02, 2014, 11:28:14 PM
The body was wearing Hicks dog tags...

Details... DETAILS.

SM

SM

Gearbox's attention to detail was quite unprecedented.

DwayneHicks

DwayneHicks

What Gearbox did to customers and fans was wrong.   

Russ

I loved the game, but even I'll go so far as to say Hick's involvement was a bridge too far. Though, you can see the thinking behind it, linking it with the movie, Fox stating its canon... all that stuff.

I said before, though: I believe that it was this type of movie that most fans of the franchise were expecting after Aliens. I'd go so far as to say I think this is the type of movie most people wanted after Aliens - we all know the negative reaction to A III EN at the time. I remember coming out of the cinema thinking "what the hell was that?" I was a lot younger then and I didn't "get it" - but on the other hand, we kept going to see Aliens every weekend in the small cinema in Leicester Square till it ended its run.

But, back to the point - as has been identified - no, probably not a sequel but a game involving Colonial Marines fighting Aliens would be great. And Predators. Let's just have an updated AvP sequel (didn't AvP's Marine campaign have an open ending - after another Bishop droid got shot in the head anyway).

windebieste

Good luck finding another developer who would be prepared to follow in GBX' footsteps after they comprehensively sullied and destroyed the 'ALIENS' name. 

As for a remake of this thing?   HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! 

fergit it.  lol.  that is funniest thing I've heard all day.

-Windebieste.

Randomizer

Nah . I don't want remakes anymore . I want something new !  ;)

Gigers Alien

I don't think they should remake this-- I think Gearbox should release what we were promised to the public. For free. They told us we would get this, we didn't. (Someone make a petition to tell Gearbox to get the hell away from Borderlands and try to replicate what this was.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7xFSYsy0rk

LastSurvivor92

I ment remake a game that is LIKE Aliens. Not a remake of Colonial Marines  :laugh: Modifying threads title

Randomizer

Oh . If it's like that , yes they should make a game .  ;)

judge death

Hell no, remake a game which isnt even old, hell no! That game had worse problems than the AI on the xenos and enemies, everything was wrong with it, long story short.
I would even dare to say no to more Marine/doom FPS shoting game where one shots mindless xenos who cant think and is like bugs and not clever creatures as they are in the movies or in isolation from what we´ve seen so far(But dont take it for granted).
We have already seen and done that in over 5-6 games and then I have probably forgotten some games.

We need something new and scary not another brainless shoter game.

OpenMaw

I think the keyword there is brainless.

I've love to see an ALIENS experience that actually was closer to OUTLAST, AMNESIA,  or what hopefully ALIEN : ISOLATION will be. Bringing back in some shooting, but having the emphasis be more on managing resources. You have a tight pool of ammo, and finding more is going to be scarce. You have to use a combination of fighting and withdrawal tactics to stay alive. Get a big reading on your tracker? Hold off a few while you cut through a door and seal it from the other side. Set up sentry guns to delay the advance, but you're never safe. You're never okay. If just one of those bastards evades your detection it's over. You can be critically injured, bleed out, and die. Near alien nests you are subject to impregnation. You'll have to really be mindful of facehuggers in those instances. Bring back the white knuckle terror.

It's a tall order. A tricky balance, but I think the first person view does give you the best opportunity for immersing the player into the world. If it's handled right.

On the other hand i've always wanted to see an old-school Resident Evil version of an Aliens game. Like if you were to take the Aliens type story and have a Ripley/Hicks character choice option, and run around a facility trying to solve puzzles, uncover the mystery, fighting aliens/evading the aliens. I think that would be a lot of fun.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 05, 2014, 07:35:33 AM
I think the keyword there is brainless.

I've love to see an ALIENS experience that actually was closer to OUTLAST, AMNESIA,  or what hopefully ALIEN : ISOLATION will be. Bringing back in some shooting, but having the emphasis be more on managing resources. You have a tight pool of ammo, and finding more is going to be scarce. You have to use a combination of fighting and withdrawal tactics to stay alive. Get a big reading on your tracker? Hold off a few while you cut through a door and seal it from the other side. Set up sentry guns to delay the advance, but you're never safe. You're never okay. If just one of those bastards evades your detection it's over. You can be critically injured, bleed out, and die. Near alien nests you are subject to impregnation. You'll have to really be mindful of facehuggers in those instances. Bring back the white knuckle terror.

It's a tall order. A tricky balance, but I think the first person view does give you the best opportunity for immersing the player into the world. If it's handled right.

On the other hand i've always wanted to see an old-school Resident Evil version of an Aliens game. Like if you were to take the Aliens type story and have a Ripley/Hicks character choice option, and run around a facility trying to solve puzzles, uncover the mystery, fighting aliens/evading the aliens. I think that would be a lot of fun.

exactly. I like this idea a lot OpenMaw. I like the fact that Isolation is focusing solely on the horror rather than having all this military hardware and weapons. We needed something truly scary and I think Isolation will offer that. And like you said it would be cool to see Ripley and Hicks maybe trying to survive a Alien take over on Earth. Set up like RE. It would be in 3rd person and you'd have to collect, weapons, ammo etc.  I really like your idea, -

"Bringing back in some shooting, but having the emphasis be more on managing resources. You have a tight pool of ammo, and finding more is going to be scarce. You have to use a combination of fighting and withdrawal tactics to stay alive. Get a big reading on your tracker? Hold off a few while you cut through a door and seal it from the other side. Set up sentry guns to delay the advance, but you're never safe. You're never okay. If just one of those bastards evades your detection it's over. You can be critically injured, bleed out, and die. Near alien nests you are subject to impregnation. You'll have to really be mindful of facehuggers in those instances. Bring back the white knuckle terror." This sounds like the kind of Aliens game I would play/make!

Lets collaborate man.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed