Need help/advice for a challenge

Started by Engineer, Mar 25, 2014, 02:06:27 PM

Author
Need help/advice for a challenge (Read 1,576 times)

Engineer

Engineer

Hey guys!

So I got A:CM when it first came out, and like most of you I was very disappointed with the game. I stopped playing it after the second mission, and decided I would wait a while until it was patched. Well, I started playing it again recently because it doesn't seem like we're getting any new patches any more. I've been working my way through the challenges, and I've come across one that seems to be glitched or something.

It's the marine challenge number 22, make it count. I'm supposed to empty an entire clip with the service pistol without missing a shot or re-loading. I've tried this on recruit and ultimate badass; with the default service pistol and an upgraded service pistol, and nothing. I've tried it on the queen, the raven, the soldier aliens, the PMCs, and the heavy PMCs. I've even cleared my Xbox cache, and tried it offline without any patches!! I've read online a lot of people saying they got the challenge using these enemies/tactics, and others saying things to the contrary like "the queen doesn't count," or "it only works in death match." I haven't tried it on the crusher yet (that'll be my next attempt) or in any other game mode except the campaign yet. Does anyone know what's going on with this challenge? Am I missing something? Is it glitched somehow now?

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Engineer on Mar 25, 2014, 02:06:27 PM
Hey guys!

So I got A:CM when it first came out, and like most of you I was very disappointed with the game. I stopped playing it after the second mission, and decided I would wait a while until it was patched. Well, I started playing it again recently because it doesn't seem like we're getting any new patches any more. I've been working my way through the challenges, and I've come across one that seems to be glitched or something.

It's the marine challenge number 22, make it count. I'm supposed to empty an entire clip with the service pistol without missing a shot or re-loading. I've tried this on recruit and ultimate badass; with the default service pistol and an upgraded service pistol, and nothing. I've tried it on the queen, the raven, the soldier aliens, the PMCs, and the heavy PMCs. I've even cleared my Xbox cache, and tried it offline without any patches!! I've read online a lot of people saying they got the challenge using these enemies/tactics, and others saying things to the contrary like "the queen doesn't count," or "it only works in death match." I haven't tried it on the crusher yet (that'll be my next attempt) or in any other game mode except the campaign yet. Does anyone know what's going on with this challenge? Am I missing something? Is it glitched somehow now?
Thats a hard one. To unlock this challenge, I used the pistol against the Heavy PMC in the level Rampart. Try several times.

Engineer

Engineer

Thanks! I'll give that a shot (pun intended), but I have my doubts... The heavy PMCs in mission 2 didn't work, so I have a feeling the one(s) in rampart won't work either.

Should the challenge status bar be increasing every time I take a successful shot? If so, every scenario I have attempted I'll pause the game and check the challenge status bar and it doesn't show any increase, like the shot isn't registering or something, even when I'm positive I hit my target! But I don't know if the status bar will increase for this one or not...

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Engineer on Mar 25, 2014, 07:30:20 PM
Thanks! I'll give that a shot (pun intended), but I have my doubts... The heavy PMCs in mission 2 didn't work, so I have a feeling the one(s) in rampart won't work either.

Should the challenge status bar be increasing every time I take a successful shot? If so, every scenario I have attempted I'll pause the game and check the challenge status bar and it doesn't show any increase, like the shot isn't registering or something, even when I'm positive I hit my target! But I don't know if the status bar will increase for this one or not...
I don't remember if the challenge status bar increasing every time that you take a successful shot. I remember that i give up with that challenge, and one day  was playing the Rampart level and I shot the first Heavy NPC that appears in the level with the pistol, and I unlock the challenge. Sorry if my english is bad, I'm using the Google Translator  ;D

Look, I was serching in YouTube, and I found this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIt1Pn-Tvpg#

In one of the comments it said that in the Mission 2 you have to kill the 2 first NPC with the silencer and laser sight and it work. You could try that. Also find this:

22) Make It Count - Shoot enemies with an entire clip using the Service Pistol without missing or reloading.
This can be tricky. I found the easiest place to complete this to be the Battle for Sulaco area. You're going to want to wait until the enemies are standing still or crouching in cover and slowly shoot them with one bullet at a time. If you fail, reload the Pistol and try again or the Checkpoint if you run out of enemies. Don't forget to take adequate cover yourself because even on Recruit difficulty, you won't be able to sustain a lot of damage if you're having to take your time like this.

Engineer

Engineer

No worries man! I won't make fun of you for poor English.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to research it and give me some additional tips. I really appreciate that! I currently have the silencer and laser sight equipped on my service pistol, but I don't think I had the silencer yet on mission 2, so I'll have to go back and re-try it there now that I do have it.

aliens13

aliens13

No problem man, I'm on vacations so I have too much time ;D Good luck with the Challenge!

Engineer

Engineer

I still can't get this challenge... I've tried the crusher now too. :-(

I'm also stuck on the boss fight in "the raven" on ultimate badass mode! I can beat it on hardened difficulty, but when I move up to ultimate badass there's just too much friendly fire from the AI characters and it kills me too fast! Other than that one spot, the rest of the campaign wasn't all that difficult on ultimate badass... Any tips for the power loader fight against the raven on ultimate badass??

Bounds34

Bounds34

Best tip I can give you about the Raven Boss level is to do it with 3 other friends, 4 total. 1 person to take on the Raven and 3 others to basically keep all the drones off of you. If your looking for help and on ps3 I might be able to help. My old ps3 just died and recently got a new one. YLOD. been thinking of playing that game again to get all my weapons, armor, upgrades back etc. 

Engineer

Engineer

Thank! I would like some help, plus I need to finish the multiplayer challenges on top of that, but unfortunately I'm playing on the xbox360. If there is anyone out there who plays on the Xbox, I can help you with any challenges and achievements you need in return...

Oh my god! Oh my god! OH MYGOD!!

I finally unlocked this freakin challenge! It just randomly decided to register this morning while I was half-heartedly trying! I did nothing different from what I tried several times before: stun an enemy with the tactical shotguns arc rounds the swapped to the service pistol and unloaded as many rounds as I could before they died and moved on to the next enemy! The only difference this time was I was playing bug hunt mode rather than the campaign! I got it with the first 3 soldier aliens I saw too!

But anyway, if there's anybody out there who plays this game on the Xbox, I would still like some help with the raven boss fight on ultimate badass mode and for unlocking the multiplayer challenges...

Engineer

Engineer

Never mind... I just beat the raven solo on ultimate badass... Funny thing is, I was half-heartedly trying this time too and did it. Perhaps that's the trick to this game: Play with as much effort as gearbox put into making it! :-), lol.

If there's anyone who plays on the Xbox, or is willing to help me out, I am still looking to complete the multiplayer challenges. I'll help out with any achievements/challenges you need too. I'm on the 5th multiplayer challenge, and can't get into a matchmaking game to even attempt them legitimately. My gamer tag is: Al Bangya85.

Thanks!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed