Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 836,004 times)

Stitch

Stitch

True Lies

Not the new 4K, the Spanish Blu-ray

Prez

Prez

Prometheus

Such a beautiful-looking film - flawed but with a very grand & interesting premise and whilst I enjoy Covenant, that sequel's stakes took a dip in grandiose scale.

One thing I did notice and I don't think it was intentional was some lines or situations that sounded familiar.

Holloway's enthusiasm in the Transport Rover had a slight hint of Hudson's bravado aboard the APC.

The `We are leaving' line from Holloway to David reminded me of Hick's from Aliens when they're retreating from the Hive.

Of course it's probably just me putting 2 & 2 together and getting 5.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Civil War

Very much enjoyed this. I'd rank it third amongst Garland's films, fourth if we're counting Dredd.

Stitch

Stitch

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

Film is dumb as hell, but goddayum if it isn't entertaining! Hopefully there will be a 3d Blu-ray release, but I'm doubtful.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Darkness link=msg=2611283 date=
One Hour Photo

Second time I've seen it. Only saw it for the first time a few years ago. One of Robin Williams best films.

I agree. Though it totally creeped me out. Especially when he was using their bathroom. Ugh

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The First Omen

Solid movie, I just wish it was more consistent with what was established in the original movie.

SM

SM

The Banshees of Inisherin

Bleak topic somehow not tackled bleakly. Gleeson and Farrell talking at each other in their normal speaking voices should be a genre.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Apr 15, 2024, 10:39:24 PMThe Banshees of Inisherin

Bleak topic somehow not tackled bleakly. Gleeson and Farrell talking at each other in their normal speaking voices should be a genre.
Between this and In Bruges it's getting there.

SM

SM

Word.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Apr 15, 2024, 10:39:24 PMThe Banshees of Inisherin

Gleeson's greatest role:

Kradan

Kradan

AL(I)ENS

All these years later that movie is still capable to fill me with sheer childish excitement

ALIEN3

Despite its numerous flaws - that's a movie with vision and style if I ever saw one. So sad but feels like a fitting ending. World of Fury 161 seems so bleak and hostile but it's also Ripley's last refuge and her presence kinda softens it, makes it more warm and inviting

I also "noticed" the scores of both movies more this time. Aliens' score is quite repetetive, even simplistic - but it does its job well and damn is it memorable. Alien 3's score can be chaotic yet melodic, beatiful yet haunting, it has a sense of impending doom mixed with a strong dose of melancholy

Neila

Neila

I also watched A3 again recently and yeah...
I still think it's great.
a really nice contrast to Aliens and so wonderfully bleak and brutal.
Score is fantastic.

I actually noticed one thing that needs to be talked about:
there's a........well I mean......I think I saw something......
yes....Yes...
Spoiler
THERE'S DEFINITELY AN EGG ON THE SULACO!!!
[close]

Kradan

Kradan

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Oppenheimer

I took so many breaks! ha ha haha 😅👍 But I think I get it!

:)👉👈

...🥱😭😴

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 17, 2024, 10:06:14 AMI also "noticed" the scores of both movies more this time. Aliens' score is quite repetetive, even simplistic - but it does its job well and damn is it memorable.

Scraped together in a couple of weeks out of spare parts, not too bad.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed