Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 194,043 times)

Corporal Hicks

Because he was hired as an actor, not a writer.

overthere

overthere

How can this be a summer movie if it's released in March?

Mike

Mike

Shane Black was using that term in saying it will truly be an event movie because most event movies are released in the summer. Fox didn't want to release The Predator in the summer because there's a lot of other summer event movies being released in the summer. Fox played it safe and I really do like the March release date it's so cool and different. Not every big name movie has to be released in the summer. We should have more movies released in the Spring like The Predator and the Winter like Predator 2.

LordCassusSnow

I don't know you guys. Alot of what he's saying sounds like were getting what weve always gotten. Predator-Starts off as a commando type movie, soldiers start to realise something isn't right, turns out an alien has invaded central america and is using advanced tech to hunt them down. Predator 2-Starts off as cop action then the cops realise something isn't right, turns out an alien has invaded L.A. and is using advanced tech to hunt them down. Predators, um, starts off as a kidnapped movie? Kinda different but the kidnappee's immediately know somethings wrong and soon realise alien hunters have kidnapped them and are hunting them for sport using advanced tech to hunt them down. Also, the Predatos armor in all three movies has changed as well sooo?

overthere

overthere

Predator 2 and Predators didn't have the same tension to it like the original.

We just have to wait and see.

The Alien Predator

Don't forget AvP and AvP-R which has an alien hunter hunting another alien lifeform.  :P

I can see where you're going though, all the Predator films revolve around the hunt and add a few new weapons and vision modes etc. But there's so much more to explore with the Predators which is often left to the EU.

I am curious to see all this stuff Shane Black is talking about, what will set his movie apart from the others? I like the bit where he states that he will address the "how do they get their technology?" part, I'm excited to see that. None of the films have addressed this question that we often ask ourselves.

Mike

Mike

I get the feeling The Predator will be about a Predator coming to earth and the gov/military trying to capture the Predator sit him down and have a talk with him about his advanced Alien technology and why he does what he does but Predator ends up escaping in a climax scene. I would like to see Predator piloting his Ship and go Warp Speed breaking the sound barrier in a chase between F22 Raptors after Pred in his ship. But since John Davis said that this new movie will break new ground, which seems to be the theme these days which is very cool!, I think the film will be centered around Predators POV but still keeping it suspenseful.

overthere

overthere

I hate googling "the predator" in google's news. Every new article is a horrible disappointment. Always the same mistakes of addressing this movie as a reboot, or some opinionated writer saying he doesn't want a new movie because it will ruin the franchise again as a quick cash grab.

I'll just stick to this forum.

LordCassusSnow

Haha yeah Alien vs Predator tried something different and look what happened XD

Mike

Mike

I actually love the 1st Avp film, to me it was awesome. Avpr is not a good film at all but Avp 1 is awesome.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

As long as it's nothing like the Rodriguez Predators script, I'm good. :laugh:

LordCassusSnow

The Aliens and Preds in Avp looked terrible. The idea was interesting ill give it that. Was Avp what made you a fan?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on May 19, 2016, 12:49:34 AM
The Aliens and Preds in Avp looked terrible. The idea was interesting ill give it that. Was Avp what made you a fan?

Nope, saw all of them before AVP had even come out. So I'd seen both series before I was 12. :laugh:

overthere

overthere

I just want a new Predator movie. It being good is a bonus.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 18, 2016, 11:51:06 PM
As long as it's nothing like the Rodriguez Predators script, I'm good. :laugh:

Lol! That script. RR didn't take that project seriously at all.

Quote from: overthere on May 18, 2016, 08:25:16 PM
I'll just stick to this forum.

Good call!

Quote from: overthere on May 19, 2016, 01:05:30 AM
I just want a new Predator movie. It being good is a bonus.

Nooo. You've gotta want a new good movie. The quality has to be there. Don't accept any old crap.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed