Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 853,100 times)

SM

SM

Didn't he shoot down a helicopter with a bow and arrow in that one?

Russ

Russ

Quote from: SM on Sep 23, 2019, 08:03:42 AM
Didn't he shoot down a helicopter with a bow and arrow in that one?

I think they just drive into each other in III. In II, he plays possum in a down Huey and then blows up the Russian helicopter with an RPG.

I can't wait to see the third one - there's been all sorts of crap thrown at it by websites that are criticising the "politics" of the movie rather than the movie itself (apparently its Trumpian and racist cos Rambo's killing Mexican Drug Cartel goons this time). I mean - hate the movie sure, but it's really annoying when reviewers are ignoring the film in order to make political statements.

I have to say - First Blood and Rambo are my faves. I loved the middle two in the time they came out, but with perspective, I watch those two more than II and III now.

I saw John Wick 3 last night. It was all kinds of awesome (and I guess because he kills Asians,Arabs, Caucasians and he's an animal lover, he's neither Trumpian or racist).

I can't get over how creative the actions scenes are  - like - they think that stuff up. Like "The Transporter" - these things go wayyyy beyond "fight scene."

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Sep 23, 2019, 08:03:42 AMDidn't he shoot down a helicopter with a bow and arrow in that one?

Yes.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

IT Chapter 2
I really enjoyed this, although it did drag a bit in the middle, the beginning was slightly rushed and it felt like some scenes were missing. But apart from that its a good film

Predwars24

Predwars24

Mars Attacks: I laughed throughout this entire movie. I couldn't keep a straight face at all. It was entertaining for sure. I didn't know it was a Tim Burton movie until I recently rewatched it, guess I can't be too surprised he does crazy movies all the time. One thing I kind of had a nitpick with was the effects could've been better even for the time, though I'm not sure what I was expecting, it's based off trading cards that I actually want to own now just to see how crazy they are. All in all enjoyed the film, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Alita Battle Angel  6.5/10
A mildy entertaining mix of movies I've seen before, regardless if R̶o̶l̶l̶e̶r̶b̶a̶l̶l̶ Motorball is entertaining to watch. And never make a film open-ended if you're unsure you can't finish the trilogy!

Huggs

Huggs

Raise The Titanic (3/5)

The Ring (3.5/5)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Predwars24 on Sep 23, 2019, 04:31:22 PM
Mars Attacks: I laughed throughout this entire movie. I couldn't keep a straight face at all. It was entertaining for sure. I didn't know it was a Tim Burton movie until I recently rewatched it, guess I can't be too surprised he does crazy movies all the time. One thing I kind of had a nitpick with was the effects could've been better even for the time, though I'm not sure what I was expecting, it's based off trading cards that I actually want to own now just to see how crazy they are. All in all enjoyed the film, so I guess it doesn't matter.

I'd still love to see an extended version since so much was cut

True Lies
Still funny as hell. Bill Paxton is a storm (rip)

Huggs

Huggs

Wind River (3.5/5)

Alone in the Wilderness: Part 2 (4.5/5)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Dark Crystal

Watching it on blu-ray this time. "You whimpering worm!"

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Rocky

Been years since I last watched this, I completely forgot how much of it has nothing to do with boxing. As with the Rambos, this first one is almost certainly the best of the series, but it doesn't quite manage to be my favourite. That said, it's still a fantastically entertaining film. And even now I can't quite believe Stallone was once an Oscar-winner :laugh:

Rocky II

Maybe controversial, but easily my least favourite of them all. It sort of feels to me like its stuck in limbo - it doesn't have the genuine quality of the first or sixth, nor does it have the entertaining silliness of three, four and five (except maybe the bit where all the random kids start following Rocky on his run across Philly, that bit's wonderfully ridiculous :laugh:) The final fight in particular feels really over the top and dumb, except unlike the later sequels I get the impression they're playing it with a straight face.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Ad Astra
An amazing film. Thought provoking and perfectly paced for the story it told. Glad i went in as blind as possible

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 25, 2019, 07:55:42 AM
Rocky

Rocky II

Maybe controversial, but easily my least favourite of them all. It sort of feels to me like its stuck in limbo - it doesn't have the genuine quality of the first or sixth, nor does it have the entertaining silliness of three, four and five (except maybe the bit where all the random kids start following Rocky on his run across Philly, that bit's wonderfully ridiculous :laugh:) The final fight in particular feels really over the top and dumb, except unlike the later sequels I get the impression they're playing it with a straight face.

Maybe controversial??
Watch Rocky V again, this time without beer! ;D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Lol I remember liking the fifth a hell of a lot more than I expected to given its reputation. One of the major complaints people seem to have - that it's a downer for Rocky himself - really didn't bother me. Plus it has that hilarious Don King rip-off played by Richard Gant, who pretty much makes the film worthwhile all by himself.

Anyway, I'm getting there...

Rocky III

Ah, that's more like it. The point at which the series becomes fully self-aware - it's full of montages, the fights are completely over-the-top, the villain's a riot, and I legitimately lost track of how many times Apollo Creed used the phrase "eye of the tiger" (in case you'd forgotten that was the theme song to the movie since they last played it five minutes ago). Also, considering the rivalry with Clubber it sets up, it's pretty funny how their rematch ends up being probably Rocky's easiest bout of the entire series, he knocks him out in three without even really breaking a sweat :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Corporate Animals (2019)
Average comedy with a bunch of familiar faces including that guy from The Wire who says "Shiiiiiiit!" and the cutie from SNL.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed