Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 853,378 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 14, 2018, 04:07:36 AM

Almost finished with the Meg - Bluray

Just awful. The pandering and terrible writing just killed this movie. So many clichés. Wilson doesn't fit, and Kennedy is trying his best to channel LL Cool J in deep blue sea. It's like a sc-fi original. It's a total loss. What a wasted opportunity. 0/5

You bought a recent movie you never before? Got too much cash or am I just cheap  :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Nov 14, 2018, 04:13:04 AM

Just awful. The pandering and terrible writing just killed this movie. So many clichés. Wilson doesn't fit, and Kennedy is trying his best to channel LL Cool J in deep blue sea. It's like a sc-fi original. It's a total loss. What a wasted opportunity. 0/5

You bought a recent movie you never before? Got too much cash or am I just cheap  :laugh:

A family member recently had surgery, and wanted to see it. So I did what I needed to do. But God Almighty, if they think this script even deserved to be made, Hollywood is doomed. This makes Pacific Rim 2 look like a freakin' Spielberg film.

They just showed way too much, and early too. I personally would've liked to have seen it done as more of a survival horror set at the bottom of the sea, like The Abyss meets The Sphere, but with a giant shark. And the jerry rigging (make do) style of Alien. Stick to underwater structures, and small submersibles. More time with Toshi and The Wall would've been nice too. They were the only characters I dug.

It couldn't be helped though. Like I said in another post,

"It's just an aversion to simplicity. CGI, Spectacle, and inordinate amounts of Comedy are the modern blueprint..."

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 14, 2018, 04:20:18 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Nov 14, 2018, 04:13:04 AM

A family member recently had surgery, and wanted to see it. So I did what I needed to do. But God Almighty, if they think this script even deserved to be made, Hollywood is doomed. This makes Pacific Rim 2 look like a freakin' Spielberg film.

They just showed way too much, and early too. I personally would've liked to have seen it done as more of a survival horror set at the bottom of the sea, like The Abyss meets The Sphere, but with a giant shark. And the jerry rigging (make do) style of Alien. Stick to underwater structures, and small submersibles. More time with Toshi and The Wall would've been nice too. They were the only characters I dug.

It couldn't be helped though. Like I said in another post,

"It's just an aversion to simplicity. CGI, Spectacle, and inordinate amounts of Comedy are the modern blueprint..."

Oh ok, I can get that.

I always download before I buy. Should you need a hook-up, let me know.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Excellent sequel. "My body's a temple." "Well now it's an amusement park!" :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 14, 2018, 11:49:54 PM

Excellent sequel. "My body's a temple." "Well now it's an amusement park!" :laugh:

Solid movie.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Hellboy III when? :(

Huggs

Huggs

Just finished Arrival - on Bluray

Villeneuve bringing the heat. Guy's got the gift for sure. As long as he's around, not all is lost. We need more movies like this. It's crazy, they'll spend 200mil on a soulless cgi fest that turns out to be boring as crap anyway, but you get this for like 50mil. To think like an adult, and to feel alittle something. To actually look back on a film as an experience, which this definitely was. A solid movie. 3/5

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 15, 2018, 05:14:25 AM

As much as I enjoyed Del Toro's take on Hellboy as a purist who has all the comics it was a bit too fantasy at times rather than pure horror. Hoping Marshall's take is more akin to the Mignolaverse.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Prez on Nov 15, 2018, 12:28:53 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 15, 2018, 05:14:25 AM

As much as I enjoyed Del Toro's take on Hellboy as a purist who has all the comics it was a bit too fantasy at times rather than pure horror. Hoping Marshall's take is more akin to the Mignolaverse.

As someone who is just now reading the comics for the first time, I'm seeing a lot of fantasy elements. I also think the first movie majorly improves on the source material in certain ways (the professor actually having a role, Rasputin and especially Kroenen being much better villains, etc.). Also, I think the reboot has already shot itself in the foot. Not only is starting a new series with The Wild Hunt counter intuitive, but there's no way they can really do that story justice in two hours or less.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom
Been a long time since I saw this. Feels like I've outgrown it. Just couldn't really be bothered with it.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 15, 2018, 05:14:25 AMHellboy III when? :(

Same...

The devil in me is hoping the new one flops and they give Del Toro another chance now that he's won an Oscar.

Huggs

Huggs

Temple of Doom was like Back to the Future 2. A watchable movie, but overshadowed by vastly superior movies on either side of it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Temple was always my favourite when I was a kid. I still love it, even if it's not as good as the first and third.

Black Hawk Down

Been meaning to rewatch this for a long time. It still stands up as probably the best depiction of modern warfare ever made. I noticed Tom Hardy this time lol. I'd forgotten Ewan Bremner was in it too! The cast is all pretty great, but Sam Shepard, William Fichtner and especially Eric Bana stand out the most.

Great film, but the book's even better.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Andre The Giant
A fantastic documentary about one of the greats of Wrestling

Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory
Still shocks and scares me how those kids were railroaded

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Suspiria

I absolutely loved it, and it needs your money.  Go see it.

Huggs

Huggs

Interstellar - Bluray

First time watching it in high-def. Really enjoyable until Matt Damon went crazy, then it all just seemed a lot more messy and too emotional. Kind of felt like it lost its rhythm. 2/5

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed