Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 853,696 times)

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Mirrors 2 - 2/5

Somehow managed to be worse than the first one, I've seen worse movies but I've also seen alot better.
Definitely will never watch this again.

Curse of the Mayans - 3/5

At first I enjoyed the movie, the characters were decent and the build up was good..but where this movie let me down was the third act.
Not enough on screen kills and although the creature effects weren't terrible they were underutilized imo.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: PredBabe on Mar 24, 2018, 04:04:19 AM
Watched The Hateful Eight , not my favorite Tarantino flick but very entertaining as usual and love all the actors involved. 
I always enjoy the dialogue in  movies (as well as Coen brothers' movies). I also got a kick out of Michael Madsen in this movie- just something about his look and when he gets his gun taken away.

Also watched Wind River and it was a decent movie. I really like Jon Bernthal after watching this and Elizabeth Olsen is good as always. She's  one of my favorite actresses.

The first time I saw Eight, I was alittle let down. Of course, I was coming off Django, which was beyond excellent. But it's hard not to love Samuel doin' his thing. Especially when he's laying down the law to a "bushwackin' sac shootah".  ;)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Billy Madison

You get off your ass and find that f**king dog!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 23, 2018, 12:07:22 PMJudge Dredd
I always enjoyed this version, sure Stallone wasn't a true Dredd, but he played it well for this version. Armand Assante was perfectly over the top as Rico. For once Rob Schnieder wasn't that bad. The design and costume work was brilliant. Loved the soundtrack and that ABC Warrior was spot on

+1

I'll accept it's not a very good adaptation of the source material, but as someone who isn't really into comics, that doesn't bother me at all. I find it massively entertaining, and I especially love how utterly over the top every aspect of it is. The sets, the costumes, even the guns - everything is ridiculously enormous, which makes it feel more like a literal comic book than many other comic book adaptations.

And yeah, Assante makes for one of my all-time favourite movie villains. He doesn't so much chew the scenery as put it in a blender and drink it down.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Slither
Fantastic film from James Gunn. Hard to believe at times that this is the guy who then went on to make Guardians of the Galaxy lol

Season of the Witch
Nicolas Cage actually tones it back a bit. He always seems to work better in an ensemble cast

Everest
What a film. quite a cast. Didn't realise it was based on a true story

A Wrinkle In Time
Stunning film. visually beautiful. And for a Disney film, takes its time.

D88M

D88M

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 23, 2018, 02:29:16 PM
Quote from: Prez on Mar 23, 2018, 07:04:46 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 22, 2018, 10:33:05 PM
Wonder Woman (2017)

Even better on the second viewing, IMO. In before "lawl it's light hearted therefore bad!" :laugh:

My only beef with WW was the third act or rather the main villain. I found him a little undercooked to be honest. David Thewlis is a wonderful actor (he was utterly brilliant in season 3 of Fargo) but I found him to be nothing like how I imagined Ares. Just seemed odd.

That said it's a common problem with most modern superhero films - the third acts rarely live up to the previous 2 acts of the film (Marvel films in particular have all been guilty of this in my book). Hell even my all time favourite Superhero movie, The Dark Knight had similar problems (though it was almost a 4th act in that film).

BUT I must stress that I found WW wonderful (pun intended) for the most part. The trench scene was rather powerful and emotional to watch. Gal Gadot is pretty easy on the eye too :-p

Yeah the third act was a little odd, and the early bits on the island had too much slow motion for me.

Weak, generic and formulaic movie that is totally forgettable, i hope they do better for the sequel.

Last movie i watched: Coco. Far from perfect, specially on the third act, way too many twists and a forced villain, but overall is a pretty good movie, and the animation is fantastic, voice casting and music is pretty good too.

Vertigo

Vertigo

(Going back to Wonder Woman)

I thought it was a good movie. My main problem was Chris Pine's character continually rolling his eyes and mansplaining, not really ever having that subverted, never having Diana call him out on it, and expecting us to feel something during his actions near the end. I get that it's because she's a fish-out-of-water in that culture, but it all felt very odd for the cultural moment surrounding this film. And even with the politics aside, it's a tiresome trope and I've seen it innumerable times before. Take him out though and it's a lot of fun.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: D88M on Mar 26, 2018, 10:18:30 PM
Weak, generic and formulaic movie that is totally forgettable, i hope they do better for the sequel.

See that is me for a lot of Marvel films. Enjoyable but very generic and forgettable.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Vertigo on Mar 26, 2018, 10:34:04 PM
My main problem was Chris Pine's character continually rolling his eyes and mansplaining,

I had a problem with that too, I don't know what 'mansplaining' means but the guy is annoying and a weak character that talks way too much.  Though I never did like the character that much, in the tv show also. 

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Dog Soldiers.  * * * * *

Including the features & commentary. In the commentary it's mentioned the Brit commentary is different. I will have to check if there is a U.S. blue ray with it on it.

I revisit this at least once a year. The "ALIENS" of Werewolf movies.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Mar 27, 2018, 10:35:51 AMIncluding the features & commentary. In the commentary it's mentioned the Brit commentary is different. I will have to check if there is a U.S. blue ray with it on it.

Really? I didn't know that. The commentary on my (UK) DVD is brilliant, easily one of the best I've ever listened to. Equal parts hilarious and interesting.

EDIT: I just checked my DVD and it lists both commentaries on the back. From what I've seen, the US Blu-ray has yet another commentary featuring only the director newly done for that release. That's a shame, it's the one with the cast on the UK DVD that is so excellent.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 26, 2018, 10:59:32 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 23, 2018, 12:07:22 PMJudge Dredd
I always enjoyed this version, sure Stallone wasn't a true Dredd, but he played it well for this version. Armand Assante was perfectly over the top as Rico. For once Rob Schnieder wasn't that bad. The design and costume work was brilliant. Loved the soundtrack and that ABC Warrior was spot on

+1

I'll accept it's not a very good adaptation of the source material, but as someone who isn't really into comics, that doesn't bother me at all. I find it massively entertaining, and I especially love how utterly over the top every aspect of it is. The sets, the costumes, even the guns - everything is ridiculously enormous, which makes it feel more like a literal comic book than many other comic book adaptations.

And yeah, Assante makes for one of my all-time favourite movie villains. He doesn't so much chew the scenery as put it in a blender and drink it down.

Its a shame we didn't get more scenes between him and Jurgen Prochnow or any with Max Von Sydow

Pacific Rim: Uprising
An okay and enjoyable film. Doesn't feel like a sequel to Pacific Rim, but more a Transformers spin off. Which isn't surprising considering that the Director is part of the Transformers writing room. He really needs to direct a Transformers movie as his feel for the fights here would work with that

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 27, 2018, 12:41:48 PMIts a shame we didn't get more scenes between him and Jurgen Prochnow or any with Max Von Sydow

The Stallone Judge Dredd is near the top of my "director's cuts I want but almost certainly will never get" list. I've no idea if anything between the villains got taken out, but it's well known it was cut to pieces by the studio before release.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 27, 2018, 11:31:44 AM
Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Mar 27, 2018, 10:35:51 AMIncluding the features & commentary. In the commentary it's mentioned the Brit commentary is different. I will have to check if there is a U.S. blue ray with it on it.

Really? I didn't know that. The commentary on my (UK) DVD is brilliant, easily one of the best I've ever listened to. Equal parts hilarious and interesting.

EDIT: I just checked my DVD and it lists both commentaries on the back. From what I've seen, the US Blu-ray has yet another commentary featuring only the director newly done for that release. That's a shame, it's the one with the cast on the UK DVD that is so excellent.

Sadly there is no cast commentary on our blu ray version just the new one you mentioned.

I love all members of the squad including the villain Liam Cunningham.:) When I first saw this I couldn't get over Sarah's father from "The Little Princess" being such a villain  :laugh:  Its times like these I think of buying a region free player.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Suicide Squad:  Hell to Pay - these animated movies are more fun and adult than the live action stuff.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed