Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 853,359 times)

Russ

Russ

Wisdom from Screwface.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Oct 26, 2017, 04:06:59 PM
Children Of The Corn (1984)

The annual Halloween time viewing, still love this one. The others... well, ask Kiramid about those. :laugh:

still 7/10

3 is okay, the rest... ohmifukinggawdnfefnseuhfuehfui!

Quote from: Russ on Oct 26, 2017, 12:19:15 PM
I have a lot to love for "Marked for Death."

"I want Hatcher dead. I want 'im family dead. And if you can't kill 'im... then I will kill 'im!"

JOHNNY! THEY HURT MAH BABY! :laugh:

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Yeah, 3 was ok. :P

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Dog Soldiers

"I hope I give you the shits, you f**king wimp." 8)

Aside from one really awful line dialogue, this movie is awesome.

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 27, 2017, 01:49:41 AM
Dog Soldiers

Love Dog Soldiers. It's pretty much Aliens but with werewolves instead of xenos.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE on Oct 28, 2017, 04:44:04 PM
Dog Soldiers

Love Dog Soldiers. It's pretty much Aliens but with werewolves instead of xenos.

Can't wait to see what Mignola/Marshall can do with the new Hellboy too.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Wheelman.

An okay netflix movie, with good acting.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 27, 2017, 01:49:41 AMDog Soldiers

The greatest thing about that movie is how accurate it is in depicting British squaddies. I have mates in the armed forces and they all agree that no other movie has ever done such a good job of portraying your average bunch of British soldiers. They just happen to be fighting werewolves.

One of my favourites. The commentary's also a hoot, especially the segments with all the cast sitting in a room together taking the piss out of each other while the movie plays.

Quote from: Russ on Oct 26, 2017, 12:19:15 PMI have a lot to love for "Marked for Death."

"I want Hatcher dead. I want 'im family dead. And if you can't kill 'im... then I will kill 'im!"

"One of them thought he was invincible, the other thought he could fly..."
"And?"
"They were both wrong."

Also:

"I hope they weren't triplets."

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Prez on Oct 29, 2017, 11:24:15 AM
Quote from: WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE on Oct 28, 2017, 04:44:04 PM
Dog Soldiers

Can't wait to see what Mignola/Marshall can do with the new Hellboy too.

I'm curious to see how Marshall handles it, but his history with budgets bigger 5-10 million ain't great. I mean, just look at Doomsday. :laugh: I'm pretty sure David Harbour will nail the character, though.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 29, 2017, 02:58:43 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 27, 2017, 01:49:41 AMDog Soldiers

The greatest thing about that movie is how accurate it is in depicting British squaddies. I have mates in the armed forces and they all agree that no other movie has ever done such a good job of portraying your average bunch of British soldiers. They just happen to be fighting werewolves.

One of my favourites. The commentary's also a hoot, especially the segments with all the cast sitting in a room together taking the piss out of each other while the movie plays.

Quote from: Russ on Oct 26, 2017, 12:19:15 PMI have a lot to love for "Marked for Death."

"One of them thought he was invincible, the other thought he could fly..."
"And?"
"They were both wrong."

Also:

"I hope they weren't triplets."

Hahaha the triplets line, my favourite of his whole career

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

The Evil Dead (1981)

For low budget films, this one is still tops for me (although Dead Alive comes close). A monumental classic in every single aspect, and still funny to see a young Bruce Campbell. The one thing I could never understand was
Spoiler
why Ash didn't take the chainsaw with him after the graveyard attack... ?
[close]

Classic/10

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and Return of the King
Great films. The perfect way to do a middle and end of a planned trilogy. But I do agree with the not needing multiple endings for ROTK. I wonder if anyone would attempt a mass edit of all six films into one Mammoth film lol. Yes a glutton for punishment me lol

The Death of Stalin
Not as good as I thought it would be, but still pretty enjoyable and what a cast. Jason Issacs is brilliant for the short amount of screen times he has

Southbound
An okay anthology film from the people behind VHS. It could have done with going a tiny bit more into the background of the stories and history. But its always difficult to get the right balance in these kind of films

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)

Classic

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986)

I don't mind this one, but I do tend to wonder what Hooper and Cannon were smoking when they made this one.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^Never seen 2 yet, need to check it out one day.

Land Of The Dead (2005)

Finally got to watch this, very glad I did! Based in my near city of Pittsburgh, kinda funny to see it was filmed in Toronto and Hamilton. Very gory, detailed, realistic, along with a good story and character development, especially Big Daddy.

8/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Oct 31, 2017, 01:18:18 AM
^Never seen 2 yet, need to check it out one day.

Land Of The Dead (2005)

Finally got to watch this, very glad I did! Based in my near city of Pittsburgh, kinda funny to see it was filmed in Toronto and Hamilton. Very gory, detailed, realistic, along with a good story and character development, especially Big Daddy.

8/10

Heh, we both watched horror sequels featuring Dennis Hopper.

Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III

I didn't mind this one, but the killers apart from Leatherface and Aragorn kind of sucked. And it's hilarious how Ken Foree clearly takes a chainsaw to the head and shows up later with a scratch. :laugh:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation

Matthew McConnaughey is great, and a few moments here and there are actually kind of funny, but the film as a whole blows.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed