Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 853,963 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 18, 2022, 09:26:29 PMI WILL FIND HIM !
I need to count how many times he says that

Kradan

Kradan

My guess would be 4. Maybe 5

Kradan

Kradan

Predator 2

"Grab a seat, enjoy the show, THIS is history"

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Captain America: Civil War

I still have no idea why this was branded as a Captain America movie; it's an Avengers film in all but name. There's certainly moments where it serves as a follow-up to Winter Soldier, but the bulk of the film is actually a sequel to Age of Ultron. More than that, if they were really determined to make this a stand-alone entry, it feels like its more a Tony Stark movie than it is a Steve Rogers one.

But anyway, existential crisis aside, it's pretty solid and undeniably epic in scope. The tone gets a little confused at times - one minute everyone seems to be having a bit of a laugh despite beating the crap out of each other, the next it's suddenly deadly serious, and it doesn't always seem to pick the right feel for the right scene - but once it settles on downbeat for the final act it really finds its groove. I'd totally forgotten the unhappy(ish) ending; curious to see how that gets picked up. One last point - how did they manage to make de-aged Tony Stark look so rubbery when Hank Pym looked so good in the last film?

Doctor Strange

It's kinda surprised me that it's taken this long to get to a film I've not seen before. This was... OK. Cumberbatch was as good as you'd expect - I kinda liked that he was a bit of a dick to start off with - but Mikkelsen felt pretty wasted as the villain and on the whole it just didn't much grab me. Mostly I think it was just too fantastical for my tastes.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 19, 2022, 05:49:08 PMPredator 2

"Grab a seat, enjoy the show, THIS is history"
My man Kradan

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Nope (2022)

What I like most about this movie is not only the surprising twist to the classic UFO trope, but also that it makes me think in-universe about the implications....

Spoiler
The cryptozoological nature of the phenomenon makes me think that in Nope's universe, not only UFOs, but also ancient Legends (like biblical stories for example) may be interactions between humans and this animal, totally unknown to science. Although the fact that they don't explain exactly what it is gives it a touch of cosmic horror.

Oh and listening to people and horses being digested by Jean Jacket was very creepy, not to mention that scene when Otis pokes his head through the door of his truck to look up and see that thing and then say 'Nope!' It was both scary and kinda funny. ;D

I also read that the pandemic and its consequences inspired Jordan Peele to create this story...

[close]

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

VIDEODROME

THE FLY (my biography movie)

NAKED LUNCH

At the theater! Now eagerly awaiting the latest...

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 18, 2022, 09:24:30 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Aug 18, 2022, 09:22:41 PMMan Of Steel

That was a good watch. Not without its problems (these lie mainly in movie's third act, collateral damage and all) but movie definetly does its job of making me care for Superman.

Spoiler
Funny thing is, just as Superman vs Zod fight started, you know, the one where Superman levels like half a city lol, air sirens came on. Felt kinda surreal
[close]
One of my fave CBM villains ever, M. Shannon kicks absolute ass in the role

I also like the movie really, only problem I have with it is the Kevin Costner death scene (duuumb) but the rest is fairly solid

I wish Riddles' Jockeys were this sexy 😍

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 21, 2022, 09:35:04 PMNAKED LUNCH

Oh boy, I saw that movie for the first time about a year ago. I'm still wondering What the f**k did I see?! :o

Spoiler

[close]

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 22, 2022, 05:16:59 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Aug 18, 2022, 09:22:41 PMMan Of Steel

That was a good watch. Not without its problems (these lie mainly in movie's third act, collateral damage and all) but movie definetly does its job of making me care for Superman.

Spoiler
Funny thing is, just as Superman vs Zod fight started, you know, the one where Superman levels like half a city lol, air sirens came on. Felt kinda surreal
[close]
One of my fave CBM villains ever, M. Shannon kicks absolute ass in the role

I also like the movie really, only problem I have with it is the Kevin Costner death scene (duuumb) but the rest is fairly solid

I wish Riddles' Jockeys were this sexy 😍

IKR ?

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 22, 2022, 05:16:59 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Aug 18, 2022, 09:22:41 PM
Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 21, 2022, 09:35:04 PMNAKED LUNCH

Oh boy, I saw that movie for the first time about a year ago. I'm still wondering What the f**k did I see?! :o

Spoiler

[close]

You had me at Cronenberg. Ok I need to see this film.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 21, 2022, 09:35:04 PMTHE FLY (my biography movie)

Still haven't forgiven them for not at least nominating Goldlbum for an Oscar for that.

Guy was f**king robbed.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 22, 2022, 10:20:33 AM
Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 21, 2022, 09:35:04 PMTHE FLY (my biography movie)

Still haven't forgiven them for not at least nominating Goldlbum for an Oscar for that.

Guy was f**king robbed.
the academy awards are a badly written joke but you know that

Stitch

Stitch

The Serpent and the Rainbow

Interesting movie. Not quite a horror. Not quite a thriller. Young Bill Pullman is great.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Team Thor (Parts 1 & 2)

I feel like the idea of these was funnier than the execution. Still, I did get a genuine laugh out of the bit where Thor leaves his hammer on the toilet seat so Darryl can't use it :laugh:

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

The first two thirds of this struck me as noticeably better than the first. Sadly it sags a bit in the final act and reverts to the same CGI overload we've seen before. Also the gag where something happens and then Drax laughs exaggeratedly is getting pretty old now. The digital de-ageing was back up to snuff with Kurt Russell at the beginning.

Spider-Man: Homecoming

I didn't think I'd seen this one, but watching it now made me realise I had, I'd obviously just forgotten all about it. For whatever reason, Spider-Man might be my least favourite of the big-name superheroes, so while I didn't love this, it probably says something that I wound up quite enjoying it. It's definitely helped by having Tony Stark in it, which probably would've felt forced if not for how it flows nicely from Civil War. Keaton was predictably solid as the villain. And Aunt May finding out that Peter is Spider-Man at the very was admittedly pretty hilarious.

Thor: Ragnarok

Well, it took them three attempts, but they finally made a good stand-alone Thor movie. This was awesome. Completely left-field, but that only served to make it better. Did a surprisingly good job of balancing the considerable humour with the darker elements (of which some were really quite dark indeed). Nice to see Ruffalo back as Hulk, and Hiddleston was excellent once again. "I've been falling for thirty minutes!" cracked me right up :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Star Wars The Original Trilogy : Theatrical Versions
Yes i indeed finally have copies of the original versions before added randomness

BASEketball

Rock Star

Lost In Space

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed