The Black Keys

Started by Space Sweeper, Oct 11, 2011, 09:01:33 PM

Author
The Black Keys (Read 7,419 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Forgot to post this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5a1Cl_JOJM#ws

Liking the sound of this a lot more than Fever (which was good, but sounded too much like it was right off of El Camino), hope this is more indicative of the album's direction; the title being the same as the album's gives me a bit of hope, though I hope even moreso that it's experimental in tone, similar to Brothers (which I believe is their best work for sure).

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

This is actually my first time hearing Turn Blue... somehow I missed it when it was released. Great stuff. I agree with you on all counts, especially Brothers being their best work.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

If they can keep that pseudo-bluesy-pseudo-psychedelic sound going throughout the album, I will be a very happy man.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Just gave the whole album a listen and I really liked it. I wouldn't call it my favorite (that would definitely be Brothers) but there's some really great stuff on it. Last two tracks are my favorite.

Aspie

Aspie

Article Monkeys > The Black Keys  :P

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Finally got around to listening to Turn Blue. I quite liked it. Upon the release of the single Fever, I was afraid that this album might be just a rehash of El Camino. I was wrong. This album is its own thing, with a distinct style and sound. Still letting it sink in, and I need to give it another listen to really get a feel for it and pick out my favourite tracks, but overall, great album. I'd still rank Brothers as The Black Keys' best work, but I think they outdid El Camino with this release.

One thing, though. The closing track, Gotta Get Away, much as I liked it, felt kinda out of place in the soundscape set up by the rest of the album.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 05, 2014, 11:19:03 PM
One thing, though. The closing track, Gotta Get Away, much as I liked it, felt kinda out of place in the soundscape set up by the rest of the album.

It did feel a bit out of place, definitely, but it also wound up being my favorite of the bunch. Definitely the one I've played the most since purchasing the album.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I think my favourite's Weight of Love.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed