FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video]

Started by Darkoo, Dec 19, 2011, 06:21:33 PM

Author
FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video] (Read 148,853 times)

thetias

thetias

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Dec 20, 2011, 05:39:21 AM
This guy looks weird.

Fallout Style

Is that "Emil" from RoboCop???  :)

marsekay

marsekay

Quote from: zuzuki on Dec 20, 2011, 07:21:14 AM
Quote from: Gash on Dec 20, 2011, 06:38:17 AM
Quote from: josh_axey on Dec 20, 2011, 05:36:08 AM
Speculate away you crazy chickens! 8)
Capped and cropped from 1080p trailer...

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/josh_axey/prometheus-countdown-inthreedays_h1080pmov_snapshot_0018_20111220_163253.jpg

Four condoms filled with Lilt?

they look like 4 oval or cylindrical containers of some kind.at the top they are thinner(look at the parts around davids fingers).they are all linked at the top by the thing david is holding in the middle of them.then as you get lower the cylindrical things get thicker and at the base they seem to be encased by a biomechanoid type thing,and that in turn lies in goo.

it has blatant finger nails (things) at the top of the "fingers"

Engineer1

Engineer1

The starmap is not housing the pilot chair. Look at the proportions.
If the pilot seat rises from the midle of the console in the starmap room then it will have to be human sized.
Look also a the form of the console.

Mustangjeff

Mustangjeff

A couple thoughts!

Maybe the room is biomechanical and has the ability to reconfigure itself based on it's current application?

I don't think this map/starchart room is on earth.  I'm wondering if it's an intermediate location.  So...

A) Find information on earth with coordinates of planet.
B) Prometheus and crew head to planet and find jockey temple with map room leading to jockey homeworld.
C) Head to jockey homeworld.

Maybe they find the ampules at the first planet and start messing around with them.  When things start going bad they find the map room and head to the jockey homeworld to get assistance from the creators.  Then things start going really bad  :o

Prometheus 2 :  Wrath of the Gods begins filming

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Hi ......
So as far as i can tell
A group of scientists working for yutani make an exciting discovery on earth concerning our origins and the origins of the universe but cannot fund the adventure so they join with weyland ( military contractors) and go off into space looking for our creators and paradise, Only to find a dead planet with a pyrymid/ spacecraft/ noahs ark type structure "chained" underground with no sign of life.
Upon having a look around and taking/stealing the urns of life back to their ship for further study ( anyone else notice the rack of chestbursters fassbenders lifting from the urns) alert the presence of the prisoners in the spacecraft which turn out to be crazy alien scientists that do nasty things to beautifull women , or will the dangers arise from fassbenders meddling with the contents of noahs ark?
I know a few things in alien will help towards some of the theorys on this site
A: ash knows the signal and knows it to be a warning
B:ash knows that what kane will be bringing back to the ship is extremely fast.
C: ash recognises both the facehugger stage and the chestburster phase
I dont think that the jockeycraft in prometheus will be the same derelict seen in alien, it probably uses a samey type signal though:) and i am thrilled to know that the original xeno will not be featured as i think the creature is no longer the perfect super intelligent ultimate survivor we only see in the 1st movie ( and a little of the 3rd )
:)

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 20, 2011, 11:46:41 AM
Looks clearly like galaxies to me.

With all respect, they are NOT galaxies.  The things orbiting the central body must be planetary systems.  Some of the planetary systems have their own orbiting moons, which is why they show up like "mini-solar systems" in the context of the overall "starmap".  Although, as I explained (from a scientific standpoint) early on in this thread, the starmap does not make much sense.  All major (and most dwarf) planets orbit their central star in more or less a common plane, known as the ecliptic plane.  This "starmap" looks more like the proverbial "Bohr" atom, which shows orbits at all kinds of angles.  The reason that planetary / stellar systems evolve so that planets orbit a star along the same plane is well understood in astrophysics, and has to do with the Conservation of Angular Momentum during the collapse of the primordial gas cloud which ends up forming the stellar system.

I think this is just an example of either poor research, or the concious effort to make the visuals more "sexy".

Quote from: JaaayDee on Dec 20, 2011, 02:29:08 PM
Has anyone else pointed out yet that the hologram could be portraying individual star systems orbiting one massive star?  Notice how each one of the orbiting lights have individual orbitals around them. For planets?

Hi JaaayDee,

The orbiting lights have "individual orbitals" around them, in order to represent individual moons orbiting planetoids.  In binary star systems, the individual stars do NOT orbit a single central star.  They dance in a complex orbital pattern around a common "barycenter".  In bound stellar sytems with more then two bodies (stars), the orbital paths are even more complex, but in no case does one star act as a "center" in which all the other star orbit around it.  The "barycenter" is simply a point in space upon which the binary stars mutually orbit.  Again, in gravitationally bound systems consisting of more then two stars, it is more complex, and the "barycenter" can precess.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

I don't care to speculate too much at this juncture. I will say however that i love love love the footage we've got from these 2 teaser teasers. Can't wait for the full trailer to come out. I'm thinking this may be my most anticipated film of 2012, Avengers be damned!! ;D

Mustangjeff

Mustangjeff

Quote from: deuterium on Dec 20, 2011, 07:29:14 PM
Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 20, 2011, 11:46:41 AM
Looks clearly like galaxies to me.

With all respect, they are NOT galaxies.  The things orbiting the central body must be planetary systems.  Some of the planetary systems have their own orbiting moons, which is why they show up like "mini-solar systems" in the context of the overall "starmap".  Although, as I explained (from a scientific standpoint) early on in this thread, the starmap does not make much sense.  All major (and most dwarf) planets orbit their central star in more or less a common plane, known as the ecliptic plane.  This "starmap" looks more like the proverbial "Bohr" atom, which shows orbits at all kinds of angles.  The reason that planetary / stellar systems evolve so that planets orbit a star along the same plane is well understood in astrophysics, and has to do with the Conservation of Angular Momentum during the collapse of the primordial gas cloud which ends up forming the stellar system.

I think this is just an example of either poor research, or the concious effort to make the visuals more "sexy".

I see what your saying, but I still think it's a star map.  Now I agree that the scale and representation is off.  The galaxies look more like planetary nubela to me, or maybe they are just some type of hilighted grouping of systems.  I'm wondering if the rings like structures are travel paths vs orbits.  In a bohr's atom I would expect the representation to look much more diffuse with very little structure, but who knows..  I guess we will in 6 months unless someone involved in the movie describes it as a chart room or chemistry room.

RAD_RAT

RAD_RAT

Spoiler
The central blue sphere looks like incomplete Dyson sphere to me. It even has some regular geometrical (hexagonal?) pattern to it's "continents". Outer orbiting objects looks more like galaxies than planetary systems, wich is very wrong from scientific point of view.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

There's definately someone in there, but.....

MemphisRains

MemphisRains

Quote from: RoaryUK on Dec 20, 2011, 08:10:07 PM

David, Shaw...any another)

akb

akb

what exactly leads them to go to lv-426?

why havent we seen a "space jockey" yet? is it human or an "alien/etc" in a suit? is it even a suit?

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: MemphisRains on Dec 20, 2011, 08:17:54 PM

But what?

How about not "what" but rather "who"!!  Me, I think it's Guy Pierce, I also think it's something to do with this:

Perhaps the hologram is the depiction of some kind of stargate/wormhole conduits that coincide with certain star systems - remember the Grand Central Station from 2001...

The extreme outer 'orbit' pathways do look very odd and contain some wierd regular shaped objects that must be massive (monoliths? ;))

Maybe thats what the telescope/chair thing actually is:- a stargate!

Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Giger only did some murals...my ass!
This entire room looks very gigeresque to me.
Well...there are many people who know how to imitate GigerĀ“s style.
I remember that Alien Trilogy Game had very impressive scenarios inside the Derelict/Boneship and i doubth Giger had any involvement with the game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed