Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 762,760 times)

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

Lol had to edit it, but I imagine the sulaco would have dropped her off there cause she's got nowhere to go.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: DerelictShip on Dec 11, 2018, 06:35:42 PMThe beginning to Alien 5 will start with Ripley jumping into the fire at the end of Alien³. Then bam, she wakes up in a cold sweat, just a nightmare.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did go down that route, but I still think it's incredibly lame.

I don't want them to retcon the third film. But if they feel compelled to do it, they should just be up front with it and ignore it completely, like it never existed. None of this lame "It was all a dream!" crap.

SM

SM

^ Yep.

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

I would have to see how it played out, but I'm also not an Alien³ lover or hater.

Axe

Axe

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 28, 2018, 08:12:22 PM
Yet they failed to choose the lesser evil.

Partially at that point because the film lacked a Director.
The lesser evil to start Alien 3 would have been leaving the happy family alone and out of business and with the Queen ejected in outer space at the end of Aliens f**king aroundin space 'till she landed on Fury 161, cometing down in flames to the planet in a solid Iron Man style and then shitting eggs all around.

Hopefully then she would get a retarded alien with 85 iq as a main character going after all other prisoners and bam, new fresh story. Finally.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 11, 2018, 06:45:58 PM
Quote from: DerelictShip on Dec 11, 2018, 06:35:42 PMThe beginning to Alien 5 will start with Ripley jumping into the fire at the end of Alien³. Then bam, she wakes up in a cold sweat, just a nightmare.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did go down that route, but I still think it's incredibly lame.

I don't want them to retcon the third film. But if they feel compelled to do it, they should just be up front with it and ignore it completely, like it never existed. None of this lame "It was all a dream!" crap.

Yeah...I think I have to agree. As much as I also hate the idea of multiple timelines, I guess we already have it really with the AvPs so I think that would have been the best route.

Russ

Russ

It is lame. But its the only way to be sure. And, thanks too Prometheus (and I think the ADF novels too), these vivid dreams are canon.

Look it sucks - we all agree it sucks. It's a sucky way of fixing the "problem" if you want a seamless Alien 5.

Ignoring it... IDK... maybe. I'd be happier with an allusion to dreams ... I don't even think we need to SEE the Fury 161 dream... just know that she has had it.

But I've really given up on A5 (as envisaged by NB and others - I suspect by the time they got to it, wouldn't Sigourney Weaver be too old to do it? I mean, she was amazing in Daredevil, but this imaginary movie would be like five years down the road, wouldn't it).

SM

SM

"It was all a dream" sucks balls.

Just ignore 3 and Resurrection like Superman Returns did.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: SM on Dec 12, 2018, 11:18:01 AM
"It was all a dream" sucks balls.

Just ignore 3 and Resurrection like Superman Returns did.

This. If you want to ignore it, just do it. Many franchises did it, people will get it.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 11, 2018, 06:45:58 PM

I'm all for saying Alien 3 was the ultimate cover up. Filmed on location. The upside down mutant egg on the Sulaco? A f**king prop error by some poor sap who was executed via an open airlock. No witnesses. Damn this isn't the plot of ACM is it... meh still better than a dream hand waving.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Maybe we should revisit the royal jelly theory.

Samhain13

Samhain13

If there wasn't a shot of an egg on Alien 3 this wouldn't be much of an issue. Remove that shot and we would have just a facehugger instead. The royal facehugger could have taken a ride on the Queen and thus to the Sulaco. It would be easier to bring along than an egg.

The Old One

The Old One

^
In one version there wasn't.
Quote from: The Old One on Aug 25, 2018, 06:01:10 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 25, 2018, 05:55:45 AM
So the idea is that a facehugger leapt off the dropship and scurried away to find a safe hidey-hole so it could stalk its prey later?

You nailed it.

&

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 11, 2018, 06:30:38 PM
"I had a terrible dream in hypersleep." -The Opening

Samhain13

Samhain13

I suppose one could say then why didn't the facehugger attack someone right away, well in AVP2 a lone facehugger is smart enough to look for hosts that are isolated from others + the genetic memory thing, the aliens at LV-426 are aware that the humans can try to remove a facehugger from the host, having seen the colonists do it, so it wouldn't try to impregnate someone while the other humans were present.

The Old One

The Old One

Wait in the vents until they're asleep, bingo- ship's certainly big enough to hide in.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed