Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 763,368 times)

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

It was probably a spare warrior they had onboard since that's what happens in basically every Alien 3 script except for the final ones.

Just hid somewhere with a couple eggs (or three? it implies one of the facehugger's died trying to get in, which allows Newt's tube to get filled with fluid) it managed to salvage tailing the Queen, because they plan ahead  in case of natural disasters and earthquakes, and nuclear explosions, and greased them near the cryo deck before eventually dying off somewhere.  Problem solved.

What I want to know is, what happened to the Sulaco since its just floating there with easily retrievable alien material on it. They were going to film an EEV hurling backwards into it and exploding, but neither cut has that. Is that canon? Or did it get sucked into Fury 161's gravity and crash land somewhere. Or was the fire really that bad, didn't even think of the fire.

So I guess, the only logical explanation for all of this that's shown is a leftover crabby alien lugged some eggs, hid, cried about how mom is gone, shrugged and said "it's a living", starved to death, or was surprised that a facehugger +cracked glass = acid. Crossed his heart, said "dios mio" and died in the resulting explosion. That's all I've got.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 01, 2018, 01:16:34 PM
Was thinking how Alien: Covenant fits into the egg on the Sulaco debate.
Alien: Covenant shows tiny eggs that are yet to grow big (David barfs some out). Maybe the Sulaco egg started really tiny and grew until mature enough?
Of course, it needed to be slapped into the upright position by someone/something.

You know what... I was thinking that too.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: muthur9000 on Feb 16, 2018, 11:44:33 AM
Alien: Covenant shows tiny eggs that are yet to grow big (David barfs some out). Maybe the Sulaco egg started really tiny and grew until mature enough?
Of course, it needed to be slapped into the upright position by someone/something.

Good idea.

Wweyland

Wweyland

The xenos themselves seem to grow big from "thin air" so it's not a stretch for an egg to grow itself.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

See this?

Proof of concept.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Trying to fix a 25 year old screw up. 
Bishop. 
It's the only way to be sure.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Maybe Bishop swallowed the egg and it spilled out of him when the queen tore him in half.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 16, 2018, 11:52:03 AM
Quote from: muthur9000 on Feb 16, 2018, 11:44:33 AM

Good idea.

Legmorphing... Don't like the name...

I did see an interesting fact once about cabbage reproducing asexually by cloning.

David's research suggests the Ovomorph could be not quite from the animal or plant kingdom, maybe an amalgamation or something from the fungal species.

It's just weak writing TBH, can't find a legit excuse for it unless it was Bishop and he had some sort of underlying protocol no one knew about...

That's what get me shook about Davis in Defiance, damn robots and their obsession with Xenomorphs.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: muthur9000 on Feb 16, 2018, 01:07:49 PM

Did you read past that part?

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 16, 2018, 01:10:13 PM
Quote from: muthur9000 on Feb 16, 2018, 01:07:49 PM

Did you read past that part?

Yes, I did. To think the egg could grow from some sort of microbial fibre from an underdeveloped egg root... thing. No, I just can't.

The Eggs in David's lab was breeding them to work up to the size they were in Covenant. Although you don't ever see it grow or mature.

It could all be changed later to fit whatever narrative they want.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: muthur9000 on Feb 16, 2018, 01:13:34 PMYes, I did. To think the egg could grow from some sort of microbial fibre from an underdeveloped egg root... thing. No, I just can't.

How about now?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Nah makes more sense that the Queen brought the egg on board and tossed it into some dark corner of the ship. Which obviously was not shown and while the airlock was open it just blew around and upside down before getting stuck to the wall in a most awkward way.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I'd rather imagine it being Bishop than the Queen throwing goo or bouncy eggs around.  :laugh:

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Well, she didn't necessarily have to throw so much as drop it out of her gaping abdominal wound where her egg sac used to be attached.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 16, 2018, 01:25:57 PM
Quote from: muthur9000 on Feb 16, 2018, 01:13:34 PMYes, I did. To think the egg could grow from some sort of microbial fibre from an underdeveloped egg root... thing. No, I just can't.

How about now?

Still a no. Really can't. I might go talk to a biologist or something to see if that sort of thing can happen in nature. It probably can with fungi.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed