Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 762,749 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 14, 2016, 02:28:33 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 14, 2016, 02:17:14 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 14, 2016, 02:07:49 PM
I think James Cameron tried very hard to respect ALIEN and make the transition from the end of the first film to the beginning of the aliens as seamless as possible.

He even included the harpoon gun that got stuck in the airlock door.

Didn't think about it before but that's makes Out of the Shadows seem even less possible.

I was afraid of that.  :-[

The EU novelists should have SM fact-check their books as well.

Master

Master

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 14, 2016, 06:52:17 PM
Quote from: Master on Sep 14, 2016, 05:54:25 PM
http://m.quickmeme.com/img/1c/1c96ccf55226534971186d9f7b7ec718f6220b1e32e87588186d22dc1ff89268.jpg

That's not accurate at all as I am not hating on anyone or anything, if I came off as hating then it was not my intention, if so I apologize.

I just got chuckle out of his post because he 'll take any topic being discussed and slip in an advertisement for the retcon. Always fighting the good fight  ;D

But I wasn't referring to you, my little green Buddy ;)

426Buddy

426Buddy

my mistake! :laugh:

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

I do NOT sound like a politician!  But I did want to point out that Alien 3 makes little babies cry.  Babies are anti-alien 3 and they know best.  At a recent town hall meeting Mothers unanimously declared that they weren't consulted before Alien 3 was implemented, and I hereby declare that I will stand by with mothers to fix this travesty.  I want it to be known that if I were in charge, no children would be harmed in the aliens sequel.  It's time for us to go find those that are responsible for Alien 3 and smoke 'em out! ;)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

So basically you want to replace Ripley with Newt?

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

No, I was being facetious...

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Sep 14, 2016, 07:24:21 PM
I do NOT sound like a politician!  But I did want to point out that Alien 3 makes little babies cry.  Babies are anti-alien 3 and they know best.  At a recent town hall meeting Mothers unanimously declared that they weren't consulted before Alien 3 was implemented, and I hereby declare that I will stand by with mothers to fix this travesty.  I want it to be known that if I were in charge, no children would be harmed in the aliens sequel.  It's time for us to go find those that are responsible for Alien 3 and smoke 'em out! ;)

Yep.  You do sound like a politician.  You sound just like this  guy:

"As long as the government is a perceived as working for the children, the people will happIly endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost all deprivation."

...and believe me, the politician who said that also drove a single minded pogrom of annihilation and destruction forward against people of differing beliefs.  Good thing he was stopped.

Yeah, I'm being facetious, too; but you know how it is, truth and jest tread a very fine line.  :P

LOL.   :laugh:

-Windebieste.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Well he had me fooled. Dude should run for the Senate. :P

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Given today's politically correct political climate, (Yes it's still in effect despite Trump) jest may actually be the last true form of truth.  I mean who is it out there that still gets to speak their mind?  The stand-up comics.  The Bill Burrs and Jim Jefferies of this world.  They are the last ones who can speak their minds.

I can't believe you just compared to Hitler Winde.   :'(  LOL

SM

SM

Who doesn't get to speak their mind?

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

I find most people these days are totally restrained.  Certainly politicians.  Only close friends speak freely these days.  Just my observation from my vantage point.  In some ways its better this way.  Who wants to see vitriol spilled from people's mouths?  Little children and comedians are the last people who speak freely.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Sep 15, 2016, 12:15:35 AM
I find most people these days are totally restrained.  Certainly politicians.  Only close friends speak freely these days.  Just my observation from my vantage point.  In some ways its better this way.  Who wants to see vitriol spilled from people's mouths?  Little children and comedians are the last people who speak freely.

Reported.

SM

SM

Most governments aren't curtailing free speech and five minutes on Twitter or Facebook will tell you that people are taking advantage of it.  Even the ones who, for their own sake, shouldn't.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

We're way OT, but governments don't need to.  It's a self-correcting system.

People on FB and on many social media outlets think they're being anonymous, when in fact they're just using poor judgment.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I should never have compared organism to a politician, this thread is going go down like Ripley's EEV. :-X :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed