How about the teaser POSTER?/Fan-Posters

Started by Bishop2, Aug 15, 2007, 02:04:35 PM

Author
How about the teaser POSTER?/Fan-Posters (Read 68,699 times)

Reborn

You know what would be nice?The wolf predator standing on top of a building in the center.Below him are hundreds of aliens.Directly below him is the predalien, right at the bottom.In the picture both of his plasma cannons are aimed at the predalien.Lying at his feet are several facehuggers crawling up his legs,covering every inch of him.The Wolf is also unmasked if you like.

dDave

Quote from: JaredMulero on Nov 17, 2007, 06:07:01 PM
You know what would be nice?The wolf predator standing on top of a building in the center.Below him are hundreds of aliens.Directly below him is the predalien, right at the bottom.In the picture both of his plasma cannons are aimed at the predalien.Lying at his feet are several facehuggers crawling up his legs,covering every inch of him.The Wolf is also unmasked if you like.

Thats a heavy, very heavy idea... BUT very cool if soemone could do that...in the right way...
i will try it at soem time, but i dont believe it will look that good^^ because its a heavy job^^
(mmh thats what im thinking in the moment, but i will try it...)

Yoda

::)

JaredMulero

Emm... It's make real??

Reborn

Quote from: Yoda on Nov 17, 2007, 07:19:03 PM

JaredMulero

Emm... It's make real??

What the hell do you mean by that?

Yoda

Quote from: JaredMulero on Nov 17, 2007, 07:30:09 PM
What the hell do you mean by that?

I mean - that's not real

Reborn

Well, yeah but these are fan posters, its not actually supoused to be real, its just a really cool poster, if someone made it.

dDave

Quote from: Yoda on Nov 17, 2007, 07:19:03 PM

JaredMulero

Emm... It's make real??
Goodd idea... with wolfs face
Try to add slime to the alien... and set it more central

Yoda

:D

Dark Passenger

Quote from: dDave on Nov 16, 2007, 07:29:39 PM
Quote from: PredatorBruth on Nov 16, 2007, 09:28:44 AM
Are ya able to make that crak a bit bigger an have a alien hand or head poking out about?.....if its to hard forget about it.

maybe smething like this...

or this without ship...

Yeah!!!!! thats what im talkin about!!!thats awesome!!!!

Xenomorphine

The thing with what I suggested for the ship and cracked egg theme is that it deliberately avoids showing any of the actual creatures. Whenever they're put in it, posters tend to lose the artistic subtlety.

Try to come up with ideas which avoid showing parts of the adult acreatures - especially the faces they have. :)

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 19, 2007, 01:21:37 PM
The thing with what I suggested for the ship and cracked egg theme is that it deliberately avoids showing any of the actual creatures. Whenever they're put in it, posters tend to lose the artistic subtlety.

Try to come up with ideas which avoid showing parts of the adult acreatures - especially the faces they have. :)

Well in a movie named "alien vs predator" people that dont no what the creatures look like want to so they can remember what they are.......and plus alotta people no about the creatures anyway so theres no point in hiding them, but i agree it shows a curious like sublety.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: PredatorBruth on Nov 19, 2007, 01:32:18 PM
Well in a movie named "alien vs predator" people that dont no what the creatures look like want to so they can remember what they are.......and plus alotta people no about the creatures anyway so theres no point in hiding them, but i agree it shows a curious like sublety.

You're missing the point... Ambiguous subtlety has power. People knew what the creature looked like by the time of 'Aliens', too, but the posters didn't show them.

Slapping random images of the creatures on a poster has about as much subtlety as hitting you over the head with a brick. :)

Look at 'Alien Versus Predator'. That has posters with just the creatures on it. Most people agreed it was very uninspired and boring.

Putting creatures on the poster is predictable and boring. The better ideas always try to be clever and creative, without resorting to that.

dDave

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 19, 2007, 04:37:28 PM

You're missing the point... Ambiguous subtlety has power. People knew what the creature looked like by the time of 'Aliens', too, but the posters didn't show them.

Slapping random images of the creatures on a poster has about as much subtlety as hitting you over the head with a brick. :)

Look at 'Alien Versus Predator'. That has posters with just the creatures on it. Most people agreed it was very uninspired and boring.

Putting creatures on the poster is predictable and boring. The better ideas always try to be clever and creative, without resorting to that.

have you soem more ideas for that none-creature-on-front-thing...

i understand what you mean and you are absolutely right with that... but i have no idea for other types of poster, yet...

WarMachine

If you wanted to emphasize the predalien theme you could have Scar's cracked and damaged mask lying next to a dead facehugger. Kind of plain though, and a lot of people don't know the facehugger dies after it's job is finished, maybe just the predalien chestburster next to the mask, or wrapped around it.

Dark Passenger

Quote from: dDave on Nov 19, 2007, 04:56:30 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 19, 2007, 04:37:28 PM

have you soem more ideas for that none-creature-on-front-thing...

i understand what you mean and you are absolutely right with that... but i have no idea for other types of poster, yet...

Maybe you could just have the earth in flames, and have "there will be no peace on earth"   without showing anything f the creatures.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed