Questions about the Mythos that I need answers to [and maybe you do too]

Started by episodenone, Jul 10, 2010, 01:09:22 PM

Author
Questions about the Mythos that I need answers to [and maybe you do too] (Read 4,197 times)

episodenone

Quote from: Vemados on Jul 10, 2010, 07:49:13 PM

Why would a Space Jockey outpost be in Predators?

Because there has to be some back story for that giant drill.
So why not make it that The Space Jockeys were once drilling there?

Why?
Because it would be cool.  :D

Tangakkai

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jul 10, 2010, 08:11:43 PM
They didn't say they were outlaws in the pred society, just that they were two different societies.

No in the german widescreen mag RR clearly said they are outlaws & like the hell's angels in the predator society.

CEP

If it's not in the movie, it doesnt matter. Period.

Tangakkai

Well if there's a sequel & RR will manifest his thoughts, so you might as well get accomodated with that thought... but yeah it may not be evident enough at the moment.

bobcunk

Quote from: Cloak_Dagger on Jul 10, 2010, 01:56:02 PM
Quote from: episodenone on Jul 10, 2010, 01:09:22 PM
I keep posting this in the review thread - but no one seems to notice!

1 - Is the difference between the 2 Predators explained by the whole Yajuta vs [the other name] from the comics/novels?

2 - What exactlly was that place Noland lived in?  A ship? An abandoned city/building?

3 - Could the planet - with its varied forms of topography be the same as the planet from AvP: Requiem -- or is it somewhere confirmed to be an entirely new planet?

Feel free to post your questions here [and not things like "why was is too dark?" or "why did they use guitar?' but questions about the actual Mythos of the franchise] -- you know - pretend it's real!

Thanks in advance

2.  It's an abandoned mining drill, the machine is dead but the power still works.
3.  No, nor can it be in the same system as the Predator home planet, why would a waring 'bad blood sub-species' have a game reserve in the same system as their enemy?  in all likelihood, the predator species as a whole, probably prefers a red hue.
there is no reason they couldnt be from the same planet, they could be just two feuding clans.

Coaxke

I remember reading somewhere about "bad-bloods" could those be the bigger of the two?

Ballzanya

Quote from: episodenone on Jul 10, 2010, 01:09:22 PM
I keep posting this in the review thread - but no one seems to notice!

1 - Is the difference between the 2 Predators explained by the whole Yajuta vs [the other name] from the comics/novels?

2 - What exactlly was that place Noland lived in?  A ship? An abandoned city/building?

3 - Could the planet - with its varied forms of topography be the same as the planet from AvP: Requiem -- or is it somewhere confirmed to be an entirely new planet?

Feel free to post your questions here [and not things like "why was is too dark?" or "why did they use guitar?' but questions about the actual Mythos of the franchise] -- you know - pretend it's real!

Thanks in advance

1-  ???

2. An abandoned ship. He says so when he speaks of the power still being functional or what not. Although I'm not sure it was a predator ship necessarily. It most likely was but from the interior etc. I don't know, but it was an abandoned ship for sure.

3. Probably not as in avp-r the planet seen was intended to be the predator homeworld. This was just a planet the predators used to hunt various prey on. I take it that they used one where people and everything else they hunt there could breathe on, or else they terraformed it as such for that purpose. The only reason they wouldn't need the mask or a re-breather(like in predator 2) was probably because of the heat, humidity etc., it was probably close enough to the conditions on their homeworld for that. (which is also why they prefer the heat, as mentioned in the original predator by the woman character)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed