Another New Picture

Started by Shasvre, Jan 14, 2012, 09:38:57 PM

Author
Another New Picture (Read 59,706 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

The whole idea around a pseudo-humanoid SJ is that....who's to say it comes from earth? Who's to say we did? It's humanoid form asks more questions then it answers.....that's what makes it intriguing.

BioMechanical

BioMechanical

Quote from: Topazora on Jan 15, 2012, 09:40:22 AM
I love how everybody just assumes that when we say "God created man in His image", it must mean that God looks like a human.
The reason I don't like the whole giant human in the suit is that it confuses me into wondering are we in the Alien universe or Star Trek?
I want the SJ to be completely alien, I don't have a problem with them being humanoid, but I don't want them to be humans that just overly tall with a few lumps on the forehead.  The only reason humans should look the we do is because of what and where we came from: apes and Earth.  The SJ just gave us the ability to have sentience and being able to stand up right.

Spoiler
I hope I didn't sound too emotional in this post :-\ apologies if I did, didn't mean to.
[close]

You really think we are from here... This ignorant perception is what this movie is going to alter.

The reason the SJ suits have boots is because a humanoid wears them. Besides if the suit wasn't built for a humanoid, you would be able to put a "human" in it.... On that note, I actually can't wait to see Noomi strap herslf into one of the suits and fight the aliens or SJ's at the end of the movie!  8)

Ala, Aliens power loader.  ;)

Lord Freezer

Lord Freezer

these space jockeys are too small  :'(

8thPassenger

8thPassenger

Quote from: BioMechanical on Jan 15, 2012, 04:10:18 PM
You really think we are from here... This ignorant perception is what this movie is going to alter.

You know, sometimes I think people forget that these are just films. Fiction. A form of entertainment. I know we're all fans of the series (or certain films of the series) here, but I hardly think Prometheus is going to alter anyone's perception of the world.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jan 15, 2012, 03:57:08 PM
The whole idea around a pseudo-humanoid SJ is that....who's to say it comes from earth? Who's to say we did? It's humanoid form asks more questions then it answers.....that's what makes it intriguing.

Well, I suppose we'll have to wait until the movie to find out what the idea is behind the space jockey being something else in a suit is all about. We're only getting dribs and drabs. I don't mind the questions about where the human form originally came from but I also like the idea of the alieness of the space jockey's form as it has been in many people's minds for the last 35 years, and preferably one without boots.

BioMechanical

BioMechanical

Quote from: 8thPassenger on Jan 15, 2012, 04:37:40 PM

You know, sometimes I think people forget that these are just films. Fiction. A form of entertainment. I know we're all fans of the series (or certain films of the series) here, but I hardly think Prometheus is going to alter anyone's perception of the world.

Yeah well, some of the creators have of this movie are already comparing it to 2001. In that it's idea's are are of the culture shock nature. 2001 and it's ideas did change the worlds view on who we are and where we came from. 

8thPassenger

8thPassenger

Quote from: BioMechanical on Jan 15, 2012, 04:50:18 PM
Quote from: 8thPassenger on Jan 15, 2012, 04:37:40 PM

Yeah well, some of the creators have of this movie are already comparing it to 2001. In that it's idea's are are of the culture shock nature. 2001 and it's ideas did change the worlds view on who we are and where we came from.

OK. I'm not arguing with that. I agree that films CAN have that kind of effect on people, but somehow I find it hard to imagine Prometheus being one of those films. Maybe it's just me.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: 8thPassenger on Jan 15, 2012, 04:57:36 PMI agree that films CAN have that kind of effect on people, but somehow I find it hard to imagine Prometheus being one of those films. Maybe it's just me.
Considering that von Daniken's shit has been refuted and there have been many ancient astronaut movies, it's unlikely this movie would have that effect unless the people in question live very sheltered lives.

BioMechanical

BioMechanical

I just want to say that I Know that some of my comments and ideas come off as forced a bit, but I am really just having. Not saying that I don't hold them true but that could very well be true, that's all.  8)

Toy

Toy

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jan 15, 2012, 03:57:08 PM

I'd be fine if they're not from Earth because there are so many ways it can go in the mythology.  I just have a sinking suspicion it will be revealed they were once the Atlanteans. And that the ancient Atlanteans and alien astronauts are actually one and the same.

bunnyavpg

bunnyavpg

What you have to ask yourself is why these guys are just standing in a corridor, why the plinth is so different aesthetically to the rest of the corridor and why it is positioned on top of the floor design "star map" so as to partially obscure it? These guys are an addition to the corridor and were not supposed to be there when it was originally built. It could well be that we are looking at two different cultures.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Malakak on Jan 15, 2012, 05:06:24 PMI'd be fine if they're not from Earth because there are so many ways it can go in the mythology.  I just have a sinking suspicion it will be revealed they were once the Atlanteans. And that the ancient Atlanteans and alien astronauts are actually one and the same.
And then they evolved into the Brothers of Zion and formed the Trilateral Commission with the Bilderbergers and the Illuminati.
;)

Kol

Kol

Quote from: maledoro on Jan 15, 2012, 05:32:45 PM
And then they evolved into the Brothers of Zion and formed the Trilateral Commission with the Bilderbergers and the Illuminati.
;)

i think this role belongs to weylan(d)-[Yutani].

bobkind3

bobkind3

There seems to be two very different types of spacesuits or environment suits in the the photos we've seen - does this suggest these places are on different planets? The plating on the first images of the head/urn room is very different to this one. The blue tubing seems to turn red when the suit is activated/or helmet is on as this is what can be seen in the trailer as Shaw is trying to escape the "derelict" and the other recent image which seemed to be in the same "corridor" (for want of a better word). Any ideas?

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: maledoro on Jan 15, 2012, 05:32:45 PM
Quote from: Malakak on Jan 15, 2012, 05:06:24 PMI'd be fine if they're not from Earth because there are so many ways it can go in the mythology.  I just have a sinking suspicion it will be revealed they were once the Atlanteans. And that the ancient Atlanteans and alien astronauts are actually one and the same.
;)

Aww but I thought big oil and the military industrial complexity was the one calling the shots behind the scenes :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed