Work on the Sequels Stopped?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 18, 2017, 11:49:17 AM

Author
Work on the Sequels Stopped? (Read 149,499 times)

tleilaxu

tleilaxu

You can't really see the facehuggers there. Some parts around the head also look different. I'm wondering if the movie version has been slightly altered from the other version.

Paranoid Android

Nah, it's the same mural. The facehugger is difficult to see because of shadows and stuff (I didn't even know it was there until I saw the other mural picture), but it's definitely there. If you focus on the place it's supposed to be, you'll be able to notice its tail and legs (better look at the one to the left, as you can only see the tail of the one that's to the right).

Ingwar

Ingwar

It's facehugger.

kwisatz

kwisatz

At first i was like, what the hell. Then i thought its kinda important cause if these huggers are visible in the actual film, it would put the whole David the creator debate to an an end?

edit: plus the whole thing is kinda resembling an egg, so yea everything pointing to an original Alien for me here.

Paranoid Android

I honestly don't even think that the lack of consistency with previous films is the biggest sin of David being the creator of the alien.

Its biggest sin is that it sets the alien as something that's man-made, meaning it's about as "alien" as a toaster oven at this point. You can even argue for the toaster oven to be more alien, cause the alien was achieved via manipulation of Shaw's DNA.

So you know how in 1979 they released a film called "Alien"? The title is wrong; it's not an alien.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Time travel. The mural clearly depicts Elden.

SM

SM

:laugh:

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Jul 28, 2017, 10:19:10 PM
Quote from: SM on Jul 28, 2017, 08:37:24 PM
Those are early facehugger concepts and the creature has a pointed head like a Deacon.
Deacon has no queen, and his "facehugger" version is not only bigger than a head - it's bigger than the Deacon.

Quote from: prometheusfire08 on Jul 28, 2017, 08:50:15 PM
david has Walters face ..........

pretty sure they trust the face that's been watching over them for their journey .
Quote from: SM on Jul 28, 2017, 09:30:54 PM
That and he brought them to safety from the Neomorph.
You know how in Alien:Resurrection they had this really heated debate about whether they should let Cole stick around with them once they find out she's a synthetic because she's part of a line that posed danger to people? And you know how that debate takes place right after Cole saves them all by opening the door? And mind you, they actually "knew" Cole because she spent a significant amount of time with them?
Alien:Resurrection understands character motivations better than Covenant.

There is no such scene in Resurrection.

Cole was in Covenant. Call was in Resurrection.

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

Quote from: SM on Jul 28, 2017, 12:48:01 AM
Riddles suggests that Fifield's head would eventually explode like the Engineer head did.

Is this from the commentary track or can I find in interviews?

Highland

Highland

The mural for me seems to be more symbolic rather than an accurate depiction of the Alien. It's not something that I've ever referred to for answers. We already know huggers and Aliens exist without David.

SM

SM

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jul 28, 2017, 11:34:20 PM
Quote from: SM on Jul 28, 2017, 12:48:01 AM
Riddles suggests that Fifield's head would eventually explode like the Engineer head did.

Is this from the commentary track or can I find in interviews?

Commentary I think, but can't be sure.

Paranoid Android

Quote from: SM on Jul 28, 2017, 11:30:36 PM

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Jul 28, 2017, 10:19:10 PM
Quote from: SM on Jul 28, 2017, 08:37:24 PM
Those are early facehugger concepts and the creature has a pointed head like a Deacon.
Deacon has no queen, and his "facehugger" version is not only bigger than a head - it's bigger than the Deacon.

Quote from: prometheusfire08 on Jul 28, 2017, 08:50:15 PM
david has Walters face ..........

pretty sure they trust the face that's been watching over them for their journey .
Quote from: SM on Jul 28, 2017, 09:30:54 PM
That and he brought them to safety from the Neomorph.
You know how in Alien:Resurrection they had this really heated debate about whether they should let Cole stick around with them once they find out she's a synthetic because she's part of a line that posed danger to people? And you know how that debate takes place right after Cole saves them all by opening the door? And mind you, they actually "knew" Cole because she spent a significant amount of time with them?
Alien:Resurrection understands character motivations better than Covenant.

There is no such scene in Resurrection.

Cole was in Covenant. Call was in Resurrection.
An hour 20 into the film. Distefano talks about how she's an Auton, a robot designed by robots against whom the government issued a recall order. I just got the names wrong.

SM

SM

No you got the entire conversation wrong.

They find out Call is a robot, Distephano and Johner are shocked and surprised, Vriess is sad, Purvis says 'can we go now' and it's decided that Call will connect up Father.

There's no debate about letting Call stick around.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Highland on Jul 28, 2017, 11:35:21 PM
The mural for me seems to be more symbolic rather than an accurate depiction of the Alien. It's not something that I've ever referred to for answers. We already know huggers and Aliens exist without David.

Its an inworld entity though. And its outright stating David invented Jacksht. Not even Ridley can palaver this whole continuity mess away unless theyre in for some kind of supertwist lol.

SM

SM

Or it's simply a Deacon...

kwisatz

kwisatz

The whole thing looks like a gigantic egg.  ::)

Small facehuggers etc. etc.

Its obviously portraying the cycle David will later "invent"...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed