Work on the Sequels Stopped?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 18, 2017, 11:49:17 AM

Author
Work on the Sequels Stopped? (Read 149,515 times)

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Jul 28, 2017, 06:34:31 PM
That's ironic cause neither do I. In davids view holloways line justifies his actions is what I mean, obviously he doesn't literally ask to be poisoned.

And he deserves it cause he's a massive predjudiced dick.
I'm confused, are you not arguing that David was trustworthy in Prometheus? How does poisoning people make you trustworthy, regardless of who you poison? That action alone is literally a betrayal of trust.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Jul 28, 2017, 06:38:50 PM
Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Jul 28, 2017, 06:34:31 PM
That's ironic cause neither do I. In davids view holloways line justifies his actions is what I mean, obviously he doesn't literally ask to be poisoned.

And he deserves it cause he's a massive predjudiced dick.
I'm confused, are you not arguing that David was trustworthy in Prometheus? How does poisoning people make you trustworthy, regardless of who you poison? That action alone is literally a betrayal of trust.

I'm saying his motives aren't clear. Is he just following weylands bidding or acting on his own instincts? Did he just do that to Holloway because he was unpleasant or would any human be fair game?

He did also save Shaws life twice during the film.

None of the characters in the film are aware they may not be able to trust him. Same goes for Covenant until he goes bat-shit crazy.

Paranoid Android

Regardless of why he did what he did, the action alone warrants lack of trust.

As for Covenant, him being a stranger warrants lack of trust from all of the characters. Lack of trust towards strangers is like, survival 101. Is there a single person on this forum who hasn't been told by his parents to not talk to strangers when they were a child?

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Yes they did, but then I grew up. As an adult I'm not scared of strangers anymore.

And if I was brought into a world containing trustworthy androids, I'd have no reason to think one wasn't trustworthy. Especially when that android had just rescued me.

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Jul 28, 2017, 07:13:31 PM
Yes they did, but then I grew up. As an adult I'm not scared of strangers anymore.
Would you trust a stranger with your life? Really?

And if I was brought into a world containing trustworthy androids, I'd have no reason to think one wasn't trustworthy. Especially when that android had just rescued me.
But even the characters of Covenant don't exist in such a world. Walter tells us that David's model was so messed up they had to tone him down. He "disturbed people", apparently.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Jul 28, 2017, 07:18:54 PM
Would you trust a stranger with your life? Really?

But even the characters of Covenant don't exist in such a world. Walter tells us that David's model was so messed up they had to tone him down. He "disturbed people", apparently.

If I had no other options then yes.

Disturbed people can mean a lot of things.

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Jul 28, 2017, 07:24:49 PM
That's not trust; That's making the best out of your situation. I have no problem with it, and I don't think neither does anyone else who criticizes the naivety of the characters in the film.

Not trust inducing things, I hope.

'Hi, my name is Oram and I trust David when he tells me Engineerville is safe because he disturbs me'.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Jul 28, 2017, 07:29:26 PM
That's not trust; That's making the best out of your situation. I have no problem with it, and I don't think neither does anyone else who criticizes the naivety of the characters in the film.

Not trust inducing things, I hope.

'Hi, my name is Oram and I trust David when he tells me Engineerville is safe because he disturbs me'.

Ok I'm gonna just leave it at this point. I have no interest in just arguing for arguments sake.

Paranoid Android

So going back to the mural discussion, I found a good image of the full mural, and it's clear that the mural shows the alien. It basically features its full lifecycle:

You have two facehuggers at the bottom right and left of the mural, the grown alien itself at the center and the queen above it.

SM

SM

Those are early facehugger concepts and the creature has a pointed head like a Deacon.

prometheusfire08

prometheusfire08

david has Walters face ..........

pretty sure they trust the face that's been watching over them for their journey .

SM

SM

That and he brought them to safety from the Neomorph.

Paranoid Android

Quote from: SM on Jul 28, 2017, 08:37:24 PM
Those are early facehugger concepts and the creature has a pointed head like a Deacon.
Deacon has no queen, and his "facehugger" version is not only bigger than a head - it's bigger than the Deacon.

Quote from: prometheusfire08 on Jul 28, 2017, 08:50:15 PM
david has Walters face ..........

pretty sure they trust the face that's been watching over them for their journey .
Quote from: SM on Jul 28, 2017, 09:30:54 PM
That and he brought them to safety from the Neomorph.
You know how in Alien:Resurrection they had this really heated debate about whether they should let Cole stick around with them once they find out she's a synthetic because she's part of a line that posed danger to people? And you know how that debate takes place right after Cole saves them all by opening the door? And mind you, they actually "knew" Cole because she spent a significant amount of time with them?
Alien:Resurrection understands character motivations better than Covenant.

tleilaxu

tleilaxu

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Jul 28, 2017, 08:03:10 PM
So going back to the mural discussion, I found a good image of the full mural, and it's clear that the mural shows the alien. It basically features its full lifecycle:
http://www.alien-covenant.com/aliencovenant_uploads/tumblr_mbdxaprhm91qd09yko1_500_zpsf50f0c473.jpg
You have two facehuggers at the bottom right and left of the mural, the grown alien itself at the center and the queen above it.
Is that even shown in the movie? The whole mural.

Paranoid Android

It's shown in the movie, but some parts are difficult to see.

This is how it appears in the movie:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed