Work on the Sequels Stopped?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 18, 2017, 11:49:17 AM

Author
Work on the Sequels Stopped? (Read 149,503 times)

tleilaxu

tleilaxu

Quote from: Nostromo on Jul 28, 2017, 10:45:13 AM
If dumbasses in the Alien community..universe..would follow these 4 simple rules everyone would be happy..even the idiots who will disagree..

1. Smart awesome story & dialogue  (If someone with an IQ over 8 would have seen Alien Covenant in the editing room, he'd have quickly suggested redoing almost 80% of the movie).

2. It must have smart creepy terror scenes in it. If it doesn't  it will fail, just like every other after Aliens. Prometheus had a bit.

3. Aliens should look like the Alien. Why does every movie have to have a different design? Makes you scratch your head.

4. Location: Old rusty spaceships, space stations, bases and outposts on other planet. Basically anything that does not look like Earth.

That's it, if those 4 elements are present in every Alien movie they'd probably do great.
HURR I WANT EVERY ALIEN MOVIE TO BE LIKE ALIEN ISOLATION IF YOU DISAGREE YOU'RE AN IDIOT - the post.

Hemi

Hemi

Isolation would make a nice movie though...

Adam802

Adam802

If dumbasses in the Alien community..universe..would follow these 4 simple rules everyone would be happy..even the idiots who will disagree..

1. Smart awesome story & dialogue  (If someone with an IQ over 8 would have seen Alien Covenant in the editing room, he'd have quickly suggested redoing almost 80% of the movie).

2. It must have smart creepy terror scenes in it. If it doesn't  it will fail, just like every other after Aliens. Prometheus had a bit.

3. Aliens should look like the Alien. Why does every movie have to have a different design? Makes you scratch your head.

4. Location: Old rusty spaceships, space stations, bases and outposts on other planet. Basically anything that does not look like Earth.

That's it, if those 4 elements are present in every Alien movie they'd probably do great.

Agreed.

Predaker

Predaker

Rosenthal was still indoors and relatively nearby the others. It's not like she went strolling alone outside among the deadgineers at night. Now that would have been a full blown horror cliche. Also, David was not some total stranger. They knew he was from the crew of the Prometheus; a supposed ally.

Prometheus and Covenant are not irreconcilable with the introduction of David as the progenitor of the Alien, and I think Covenant should be commended for how it addressed the effects of the accelerant without getting bogged down or making things worse. It certainly did a better job of explaining it than Prometheus did.

I think it will be at least a year or two down the road before Fox has serious considerations on a sequel to Covenant due to the lackluster performance at the B.O. It would be entertaining to see what happens next, though I'd be content if Covenant ends up being the last of the prequels.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Predaker on Jul 28, 2017, 03:46:09 PM
Rosenthal was still indoors and relatively nearby the others. It's not like she went strolling alone outside among the deadgineers at night. Now that would have been a full blown horror cliche. Also, David was not some total stranger. They knew he was from the crew of the Prometheus; a supposed ally.

He assured them it's safe plus at that moment I was still kind of trusting David as a member of an audience.

Compare that to Elgyn in Resurrection. I didn't have problem with the way Rosenthal died actually.

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jul 28, 2017, 05:02:57 PM
He assured them it's safe plus at that moment I was still kind of trusting David as a member of an audience.
Why?

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Jul 28, 2017, 05:52:47 PM
Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jul 28, 2017, 05:02:57 PM
Why?

I didn't take that as being outright evil, I took it as a playful android being curious and letting it overtake him. He might have been something of a classic villain in Covenant but in Prometheus he was much more nuanced. Not that I think Prometheus was a better film, but that's my take.

Paranoid Android

He literally infects a fellow crewmember just to see what would happen. I just don't understand.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

His motives are pretty ambiguous in Prometheus. He's clearly curious but also still following Weylands instructions. Holloway did kinda give him the go ahead as well.

Alionic

Alionic

So 80% of AVPGalaxy are 'dumbasses' and with an IQ below 8? Why do you Ridley haters insist on speaking for everyone when you evidently don't? Just stop.

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Jul 28, 2017, 06:09:20 PM
His motives are pretty ambiguous in Prometheus. He's clearly curious but also still following Weylands instructions. Holloway did kinda give him the go ahead as well.
Holloway had no idea he was "giving him the go ahead". How is that a justification for anything?

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Jul 28, 2017, 06:18:10 PM
Holloway had no idea he was "giving him the go ahead". How is that a justification for anything?

David got triggered by Holloway's consistent spite of him as well...everybody gets triggered, even the most composed person.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

His "anything and everything" line. David gave him what he asked for, with both barrels. Whether that's justifiable is a different question but Holloway gets what he deserves if you ask me.

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jul 28, 2017, 06:22:09 PM

David got triggered by Holloway's consistent spite of him as well...everybody gets triggered, even the most composed person.
So someone who poisons people when offended is trustworthy?

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Jul 28, 2017, 06:23:29 PM

His "anything and everything" line. David gave him what he asked for, with both barrels. Whether that's justifiable is a different question but Holloway gets what he deserves if you ask me.
I know what you meant. There was no sequence of David asking Holloway if he'll be willing to drink a foreign chemical just to see what effects it would have on his body and Holloway saying 'yeah, sure'. Answering to a 'what will you be willing to do' question with an 'everything' type of answer is a figuritive answer, not a literal one. It just indicates that he really wants answers. David basically poisons him without his consent. I don't understand why this even needs to be explained.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Jul 28, 2017, 06:28:12 PM
Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jul 28, 2017, 06:22:09 PM

So someone who poisons people when offended is trustworthy?

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Jul 28, 2017, 06:23:29 PM

I know what you meant. There was no sequence of David asking Holloway if he'll be willing to drink a foreign chemical just to see what effects it would have on his body and Holloway saying 'yeah, sure'. Answering to a 'what will you be willing to do' question with an 'everything' type of answer is a figuritive answer, not a literal one. It just indicates that he really wants answers. David basically poisons him without his consent. I don't understand why this even needs to be explained.

That's ironic cause neither do I. In davids view holloways line justifies his actions is what I mean, obviously he doesn't literally ask to be poisoned.

And he deserves it cause he's a massive predjudiced dick.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed