Hicks death

Started by Alien91, Mar 03, 2010, 03:05:24 PM

Author
Hicks death (Read 10,436 times)

SM

SM

He did however have a facehugger or egg slopping around at the end of the Aliens credits - hinting at what may follow (although he had no intention of doing another sequel).

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: SM on Mar 10, 2010, 10:28:32 PM
He did however have a facehugger or egg slopping around at the end of the Aliens credits - hinting at what may follow (although he had no intention of doing another sequel).
Are you serious? How did I miss that?  :-[

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

As far as I recall that wasnt even intentional. It was some kind of a fluke during the editing process.

SM

SM

How is that even possible?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 11, 2010, 12:56:36 AM

As far as I recall that wasnt even intentional. It was some kind of a fluke during the editing process.
Wouldnt they notice if it was a mistake.

SM

SM

Mistakes slip past all the time, but a distinctive sound effect at the very end of the credits after the music fades... uh no.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on Mar 11, 2010, 01:02:45 AM
Mistakes slip past all the time, but a distinctive sound effect at the very end of the credits after the music fades... uh no.

It happens. Especially when you're rushing to finish things, and stuff is being moved and done and happening at such an insane pace. The post production for Aliens was a friggin nightmare. I remember this very distinctly from an interview with Camereon when he was asked about it.

SM

SM

If you could provide a source...?

Whether it was Cameron directly or one of the sound editors - I can't see how that sound could be accidental.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on Mar 11, 2010, 01:16:08 AM
If you could provide a source...?

Really wish I could find it. It was years and years ago that I read it.

Quote from: SM on Mar 11, 2010, 01:16:08 AM
Whether it was Cameron directly or one of the sound editors - I can't see how that sound could be accidental.

Hell, one of the sound guys could have done it as a joke. Camereon wouldnt have known and presumed it to be some kind of a fluke or accident, and yes that is very possible. With a hectic editing process, trying to get everything done, sounds being put into place, it is quite possible that a sound got "pushed" to the end as they were editing.

maledoro

maledoro

Even if the hectic post-production insanity was documented, it's still not any proof that it was a prank by some wag. We'd need something like Cameron saying straight up that someone had done that behind his back or the cuplrit fessing up.

Valaquen

Valaquen

James said that the facehugger sound at the end was 'just a little kicker at the end.'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQn8E3iWlLo&feature=related
6:15 onwards

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 11, 2010, 11:28:38 AM
James said that the facehugger sound at the end was 'just a little kicker at the end.'
So, he knew...

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: maledoro on Mar 11, 2010, 12:33:40 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 11, 2010, 11:28:38 AM
So, he knew...
Context is supplied to the sound effect subjectively. Because we know there was a facehugger aboard from Alien3, then we attribute that specific context to the sound and then retroactively apply it to Cameron, who very likely did not have such intentionts. It was a sound effect, nothing more, in '86.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 11, 2010, 03:02:54 PM
Context is supplied to the sound effect subjectively. Because we know there was a facehugger aboard from Alien3, then we attribute that specific context to the sound and then retroactively apply it to Cameron, who very likely did not have such intentionts. It was a sound effect, nothing more, in '86.
I was joking...
::)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: maledoro on Mar 11, 2010, 03:13:16 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 11, 2010, 03:02:54 PM
I was joking...
::)
:D I miss that sometimes

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed