Where is she really? *Spoilers*

Started by szkoki, Oct 09, 2014, 06:17:24 AM

Author
Where is she really? *Spoilers* (Read 4,494 times)

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Doktor_Wunderbar on Oct 17, 2014, 11:52:18 PM
Quote from: PsyKore on Oct 17, 2014, 07:09:28 AM
Quote from: Doktor_Wunderbar on Oct 16, 2014, 11:36:28 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 16, 2014, 09:21:37 PM
Maybe the Alien you encounter through most of the game is not the first alien.

dun dun dun
Maybe, but the timeline of the game suggests to me that it is.  You're stalked by an alien, then you get rid of it, then you don't see any aliens for a while.  Then you see more.  My impression is that the other aliens started to reach maturity about the time Ripley descended to the reactor, and before that, there was just the one adult.

It's possible that the Alien you encounter is not just one Alien but different Alien's scouting in different places. The Alien you get rid of was probably just one that happened to be in that area. I'm aware the game has some dialogue that makes it seem like it's one Alien stalking Amanda, but I think that's a mistake the characters are assuming.

Also, the comic hinted at there being more than one adult Alien already before the Torrens arrived.
Also, what dialogue from the comic implies more than one alien?  I don't remember that.

No dialogue, but there's some guy facehugged while another adult is running around the ship. Some people have said it's a flashback sequence, but that's not the impression I got. And the game, for me, confirms it.

Xhan

Xhan

Spoiler
The Alien that stalks Amanda is one Alien, and the reasons why are blatantly obvious. The Alien reacts to your tactics and learns them, fullstop.

This would not happen with multiple Aliens, as we see in Aliens, else they would have telepathically known to avoid gun turrets and smartguns n shit, which they didn't.

It's one Alien that learns, and then the cycle begins anew via the Hive.
[close]

PsyKore

PsyKore

Does the Alien actually learn on hard mode? Because it learned nothing when I played through on medium.

Tomar

Tomar

Quote from: PsyKore on Oct 18, 2014, 08:23:26 AM
Does the Alien actually learn on hard mode? Because it learned nothing when I played through on medium.

Oh yes ;).

At least from my playthroughs i have noticed it. If you try to hide the entire time in a locker or below tables or throw many times a flare or any kind of distraction device it will start to learn from where it was actually thrown and check those areas, let alone that those devices do not keep the Alien as much away from you as someone would expect on this difficulty ;).

Every sound you actually can make ingame can be heard by the Alien and sometimes it just closes the gap to you (probably above you in an airduct) to listen whether the sounds you made before are in the correct direction ;).

It is a learning beast so be careful ;).

I have learned one thing in hard mode, which reminds me a lot on the predator movies ;). Always look up at the ceiling of the room cause if there is an air shaft and you know that the Alien is nearby due to the tracker then stay at bay from those shafts and keep them always in your mind where those "drop down points could be" to be prepared if it should decide to come down and "play with ya" ;). Memorizing them is quite good but not necessary if you are just extra careful ;).

Besides it helps you keep your heart rate in check if the Alien should suddenly come up from nowhere ready to tear you a new one ^^ :P. Well the exception here is if you are yourself in a vent and have "multiple levels" above you then it could get a bit more difficult to spot the Alien and the heart rate could start to go through the roof :P.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

I found it also built up a resistance to the flame thrower.

I had a memorable encounter in the section where you get rid of the 1st alien.

He came into the room, saw I had the flamethrower and stood there, I shouted something like "get some you bastard!" and fired a jet of flame, and he just backed up a bit and kind of waved it away with his arm. I then shouted something like "Oh shit, he's not scared anymore!" and hit him with a few more blasts, same hand waving effect. He then came closer and I unleashed the flamethrower much more, and he finally ran. Expended over 150 fuel easily... and I was like "I'm in so much shit now..."

Good times.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I'm playing through on hard now. It's not really that different, honestly. But so far I've discovered humans can one-shot you a lot easier, androids take more beating and the Alien is more tolerable of the flamethrower.

The Alien also surprised me once when he got down on his hands and looked for me hiding under a table. Did not expect that, lol.

gabgrave

gabgrave

Actually he's raising his arm to block its head from the flames. He also does the same animation as soon as you raise the flamer at him, without pulling the trigger. In stead of charging, he will shield away a little, then slowly stalk towards you. You need to watch the range and hit him with a full second of flames instead of just tapping the trigger to chase him away.

Other things you can try is to cycle through your items, even the ones that don't seem to do much can still cause a distraction. I've used a flashbang and smoke grenade to great effectiveness at times, distracting it with the flash followed by smoking out the place before creeping down the corridor. Helped alot in medical.

And also, using the wrench to bang against the wall is a great way to trick the Alien into going after a flare or cause a distraction. A couple of times I would bang against one side of a wall, walk across to the other end of the room, watch the alien run right pass me, and examine the wall I banged, while I walked out the door it just came in through.

Don't use the noisemaker and flares too much, those are the items it gets used to the quickest.

Le Celticant

Quote from: Xenoscream on Oct 21, 2014, 12:31:30 PM
I found it also built up a resistance to the flame thrower.

I had a memorable encounter in the section where you get rid of the 1st alien.

He came into the room, saw I had the flamethrower and stood there, I shouted something like "get some you bastard!" and fired a jet of flame, and he just backed up a bit and kind of waved it away with his arm. I then shouted something like "Oh shit, he's not scared anymore!" and hit him with a few more blasts, same hand waving effect. He then came closer and I unleashed the flamethrower much more, and he finally ran. Expended over 150 fuel easily... and I was like "I'm in so much shit now..."

Good times.

What gabgrave said and also, it works only if you are on his way to the nearest vent.
If you flamethrow the Alien be sure to leave him a safe path to the nearest vent otherwise at the beginning he will run and knock you down and further in the game he'll just resist the flame.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The Alien adapts to the flamethrower rather quickly.

Every alien also has the same learnt tactics as the first Alien. 

Could be a bug on PS4 but everything the Alien does in the campaign before being ejected in space all the subsequent aliens do after.  Even in crew expendable. 

Most notable being the flamethrower reaction and the tracking back of flares/noisemakers to thrown areas.  But also they all started hanging around in the vents and only dropping out whenever they heard me exit a hiding place. 

So I'm not entirely sure Xhan saying that there being only one alien because of tactics is correct.  In my experience they ALL use the same tactics. 

saintssinphony

Heres a trick on ps4.  If the alien gets onto me and i wont have time to lay down some flame I will still pull the left trigger and then tap right trigger really quick because when you do this the A.I. thinks it was hit with flame even though I actually didn't so the alien just knocks me down and I dont get killed.  Its a good trick when you are low on fuel. 

I also agree that the more you use the flamethrower the more the alien gets less scared and it seems to hunt harder the more you antagonize.  I deliberately tried smashing it with moltcov and pipe bombs on my last playthrough and the alien was constantly on me for the remainder of the game.

gabgrave

gabgrave

This game is like a litmus test for the Battlefield of Duty gamers. Doing what they're used to doing only makes it angrier and the game that much more difficult to get through.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

pipe bombs always made the alien run away in my experience.

Had to start using them instead of the flamethrower because I was out of fuel. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed