Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus Rating Predi...
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 05:59:56 PM
I think it will be a six or seven honestly, just serviceable to solid, from Predators to Prey with a fan film like quality.

But I am hoping it is an eight, better than most films in the franchise in terms of plot and character realisation, but without the "vision" so clearly on display in the prior films. Not having the sense of style of the first three clearly had in being so  distinct and yet still devoted to reality.
Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by TheDerelict - Today at 05:50:10 PM
Maybe it's not water. Maybe it's Martian p*ss.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Why Alien: Romulus pits th...
Last post by solace97 - Today at 05:27:33 PM
You are  ;D
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus Rating Predi...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 05:26:55 PM
I don't know about what it will receive, but for me it has to stay at 7 minimum to not enter forgettable territory.
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 05:24:53 PM
I fear this hypnotic aspect of the alien is not really reproducible today, but I hope I'm wrong.
Alien: Romulus / Alien Romulus Rating Predictio...
Last post by solace97 - Today at 05:22:59 PM
For me personally I think Romulus at its lowest will provide like a 5.5/10 and its ceiling could be as high as a 9/10. I can't narrow it in because of all the ambiguity at this moment still.

The flop is because the young characters as well as some potentially new characters could be a big risk and make this a Friday the 13th in space.

The success would be due to all the great things I've heard up to this point properly executed
Last post by solace97 - Today at 05:06:41 PM
I think SIL mentioned something very important about the original chap. It was hypnotic. Everytime that head was shown you were caught in a trance of awe and terror. No film has captured this since that design imo.

To me it's like when directors and actors describe the difference between CGI and practical effects. Practical is more organic and it gives the film a different feel for the audience.

I think subliminally all the time and effort that went into creating the chap we get sucked into immediately when it's on screen because it's all physically right in front of us and is on the set in real time.

The later movies failed to capture this and I'm not saying they didn't put more time into their designs as well but all those minuscule details, the human skull, etc, they all play a role in how we perceived the beast subliminally I think.
General Game Discussion / Re: Helldivers 2
Last post by Thatguy2068 - Today at 04:35:28 PM
Have you guys heard about the new PSN situation with, the severe problems that PSN have? I'm just finding out that there has been major problems with PSN had over the years with multiple data breaches. I got the PlayStation last year And I'm only hearing about this shit now?
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Star Wars
Last post by ace3g - Today at 04:26:02 PM
Might as well declare this thing cancelled.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed