Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 135,060 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Watch out! if you watch at it all at once, you will end up cooked  :-X

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 26, 2020, 11:13:45 PM
Getting vibes of the Alien egg in this particular iteration. Ultimately I'm pretty partial to the Decahedron Jockey version of the birthing pod that we got, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to some of this aesthetic surfacing in here in some other way.

Mmmm flight suit in the prequels, egg suit in the Raised by Wolves concept design development. Interesting 🤔

Ingwar

WGFestival 2020: World Building with Aaron Guzikowski & Ridley Scott for Raised By Wolves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCdj3WMlLIM&feature=youtu.be

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

So Ridley is finished cutting The Last Duel?

Btw. How many times did he use the word "evolve"?  :laugh:

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 02, 2021, 03:59:20 PM
So Ridley is finished cutting The Last Duel?

Btw. How many times did he use the word "evolve"?  :laugh:

He's editing The Last Duel now and starting Gucci in Feb. He's evolving ;D

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 02, 2021, 06:28:13 AM
WGFestival 2020: World Building with Aaron Guzikowski & Ridley Scott for Raised By Wolves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCdj3WMlLIM&feature=youtu.be

Thank you for this! Putting it in the cue to watch tonight. 8)

Ingwar

I have nearly pissed myself. Ridley talks about working with Hampton Fancher about writing Blade Runner:

QuoteFollowing morning I said to Hampton "I had an idea", he said "oh no" and so we then had to rewrite the whole f**king section, he goes "motherf**ker" ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, Fancher eventually got himself replaced with David Peoples because he was giving Ridley such a hard time.

When Peoples got onboard he took one look at the script and told Ridley he can't improve on it. Ridley told him not to worry because he will be told exactly what to write.  :laugh:

Problem these days is that the writers no longer fight Ridley when he comes up with bad ideas. It's basically now just a case of "yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir" and you end up with stuff like the Prometheus and Robin Hood scripts.

Ridley compares Guzikowski to Fancher in the interview, so I think Guzikowski at least had the guts to stand by his guns.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 02, 2021, 09:38:08 PM
Problem these days is that the writers no longer fight Ridley when he comes up with bad ideas. It's basically now just a case of "yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir" and you end up with stuff like the Prometheus and Robin Hood scripts.

Yeah, being a legendary director is a blessing and a curse at the same time.  Every one wants to work with you and nobody's got enough guts to tell you "no".

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKE6B9bjUMd/?igshid=1jn5ho0kngva3

Looks like some pre-production work for season two is kicking off!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteWorkshop upgrade!!! Starting season 2 of Raised by Wolves with a new robot buddy! #form3l #formlabs #hbomax #3dprinter #filmafrika #practicaleffects #prostheticmakeupfx #prostheticmakeup #prostheticmakeupartist thank you @buildvolume_3dprinting for the awesome service! You guys rock!

Seems like it! Guzikowski did say early 2021 after all.

Ingwar

Here we go again. Cannot wait. However, as Wolski mentioned before, it's very unlikely that Scott comes back as director. He'll be busy with Gucci.

Kradan

He'll be with us in spirits. And show has his blessing. I guess

Nightmare Asylum

His fingerprints are still all over it, at least. Though at the end of the day, this is Guzikowski's baby even more than it is Scott's.

I do look forward to learning the slate of directors for this season.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 15, 2021, 07:58:16 PM
However, as Wolski mentioned before, it's very unlikely that Scott comes back as director. He'll be busy with Gucci.

Agreed, his plate is pretty full right now. Cutting Last Duel, then onto Gucci next month and by the time he's finished cutting Gucci it would almost be time for starting pre-production on Kitbag.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed