Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,043 times)

TheAncientEnemy

Quote from: Plokoon111 on Nov 22, 2007, 03:50:43 AM
I'm calling you out Gates.

I can only hope that you said that while doing a Randy Savage impression.

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

Hey I want to debate him maybe?

SM

SM

I don't think you do.

Master

Master

Quote from: Xenonewborn on Nov 22, 2007, 04:58:13 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Nov 22, 2007, 04:29:02 PM
Quote from: PredatorBruth on Nov 22, 2007, 03:33:22 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Nov 22, 2007, 03:27:14 AM
If somebody gave you a steaming pile of poo.........would you accept it?

Just because somebody gives you something doesn't mean you have to like it.

come on man, let bigons be bigons....the only reason use are sayin this stuff is bad is cause you go scurry back and see if its like the originals....well wooptie doodledooo big deal if its not like the original, if you want somethin like the original just go clean the dust off of them and watch them....cause to keep things interesting ya have to introduce new things cause if ya dont it becomes repetitive

It should be like the originals, since this movie was spawned from them.  If a mother and father have damien, are they supposed to like him? 

And lets take the originality concept into account.  The comics got so original they ended up killing their popularity and closing out the line because writers couldn't think of ways to expand the universe and continually added something cool (which all sucked).  Eventually nobody read them because it became a gimmick.  Oh wonder what they are doing this series?  Talking Aliens?  How lame.

Its pretty clear that the current movies are following the same path.  You don't change for the sake of change just because you can.  Eventually those gimmicks stop working, especially when their half thought out and don't impact the story in any way whatsoever.

The Alien is still going to die, and her super mouth f**king ability is going to gain them what exactly?  It becomes pointless.

If u haven't realized, nothing has changed over the past 28 years since the first one, maybe it's time for some change!!!!

We need slight additions not drastic changes.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I suppose what we need to ask ourselves is... Would this be the moment when the series jumps the shark?

Look at the definition of what that phrase means before answering:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark

It basically equates to doing something ridiculously spectacular for the sake of it, purely for the sake of attracting new interest in something decreasing in popularity.

Dr. Wren

Dr. Wren

I guess u could call it jumping the shark, I don't think it will be used in an Alien movie thoug, it's more meant for AVP.

automirage04

automirage04

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 23, 2007, 12:16:31 AM
I suppose what we need to ask ourselves is... Would this be the moment when the series jumps the shark?

It basically equates to doing something ridiculously spectacular for the sake of it, purely for the sake of attracting new interest in something decreasing in popularity.

Lol the shark was jumped loooong ago. A:R was the one that sealed the deal.

Dr. Wren

Dr. Wren

Quote from: automirage04 on Nov 24, 2007, 04:53:15 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 23, 2007, 12:16:31 AM

Lol the shark was jumped loooong ago. A:R was the one that sealed the deal.

Not really, it still had all the major same shit.

SiL

SiL

The Newborn was an expansion on an idea set down in Alien, just like the dog-Alien was; the perversion of humanity by becoming the Alien, although this time made a little too physical.

While the PredAlien rapeathon does call back to the psycho-sexual themes, it's far too blunt and goes against what we know.

Major Alan Schaefer

Newborn=expansion  ;D ;D SiL thanks for that laugh...

Newborn was way way out of line....had a good explenation though...

Predalien might have one thought i do generaly agree that it is against what's set but not impossible by it

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Newborn is the kind of failure that requires the exit out of the film it received: death by rudimentary toilet bowl flush.

With that said, I can see why some people equate the combination of human with Alien to the original Alien design...I just hate that abomination far too much to say it's superior to the step above in the Ladder of Suckitude that is the Predalien in any shape or form.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Nov 24, 2007, 05:28:39 AM
The Newborn is the kind of failure that requires the exit out of the film it received: death by rudimentary toilet bowl flush.

With that said, I can see why some people equate the combination of human with Alien to the original Alien design...I just hate that abomination far too much to say it's superior to the step above in the Ladder of Suckitude that is the Predalien in any shape or form.

yeah, its just too bad the predalien can't suffer a similar fate and get killed in the sewer, infested with flies and feces where it belongs. I mean the sewer is an actual setting in the film. lol.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 24, 2007, 05:32:21 AM

yeah, its just too bad the predalien can't suffer a similar fate and get killed in the sewer, infested with flies and feces where it belongs.
Well at least the Predalien tried to be an alien

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 24, 2007, 05:23:13 AM
Newborn was way way out of line....had a good explenation though...

Kinda contrived for my tastes. One thing we didnt need An alien film to do was become one of those typical cloning ethics scifi films that suck. if I want that I'll rent the 6th Day (Sorry Arnold)

And looking at how shoehorned and forced cloning into the franchise was written: via throwing "ripley kinda sorta" into the franchise...  ugh ::)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 24, 2007, 05:33:31 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 24, 2007, 05:32:21 AM

yeah, its just too bad the predalien can't suffer a similar fate and get killed in the sewer, infested with flies and feces where it belongs.
Well at least the Predalien tried to be an alien

Well I will admit, visually I like the predalien better than the newborn. But the predalien's floppy dreadlocks, horrible roar and its lame ass canon-breaking reproductive methods, place it on the train to ballsuckville, and with a one way ticket I might add.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed