Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,091 times)

Master

Master

Back to topic:

Maybe ( but only maybe) we see whole thing joined to " Predaliens regurgitating reproduction method" a little bit wrong.
  If brothers/Fox wanted creature to use new method of reproduceing, why they added facehuggers to this film? I`ve come up to idea that regurgitating can be used more litteraly:
- We don`t know how many huggers in on board of Pred ship.
- We do know that both huggers and PQ will survive crashland near Guannison.
- We have seen a group of chestbursters in kind of nest.
So maybe PQ is not just impragnation people via her mouth but rather kill and eat people. Then go back to the nest were chestbursters are (from normal huggers), and regurgitate flesh for them. Chestbursters need to eat in order to grow to adult form ( I know it is not canon but we`ve seen it in AvP2 game). Maybe whole process is used to make them grow faster and earlier become the guardians for Queen, who can now safetly start to grow her egg sack.
  Support to this opinion is fact that we do not have any other predalien. If she can reproduce via mouth to mouth, she could easily implanted injured preds on board of scaut ship.

SiL

SiL

If only it was like that. Unfortunately, it's not - She reproduces by vomiting embryos in people's mouths. That's where the babies come from. Hence the title of the thread. And the past 190-odd pages.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: Master on Nov 20, 2007, 08:39:38 PM
Back to topic:

Maybe ( but only maybe) we see whole thing joined to " Predaliens regurgitating reproduction method" a little bit wrong.
  If brothers/Fox wanted creature to use new method of reproduceing, why they added facehuggers to this film? I`ve come up to idea that regurgitating can be used more litteraly:
So maybe PQ is not just impragnation people via her mouth but rather kill and eat people. Then go back to the nest were chestbursters are (from normal huggers), and regurgitate flesh for them. Chestbursters need to eat in order to grow to adult form ( I know it is not canon but we`ve seen it in AvP2 game). Maybe whole process is used to make them grow faster and earlier become the guardians for Queen, who can now safetly start to grow her egg sack.
  Support to this opinion is fact that we do not have any other predalien. If she can reproduce via mouth to mouth, she could easily implanted injured preds on board of scaut ship.

Wishful thinking.  :'(

Master

Master

I know Sil I`ve read most of those 190. But it can be our interpretation of something that is slightly different. FOX didn`t contradicted our way of thinking in order to keep surprise in secret.

automirage04

automirage04

Quote from: Master on Nov 20, 2007, 08:39:38 PM
Back to topic:

Hope you are right, but I don't think thats likely. I think the Bros have been pretty clear on the changes thhey have made, to the point of actually defending themselves.

automirage04

I don't think I would have had a problem with this idea if it had been introduced in Alien, but its just too late to get away with changing canon now :P

SM

SM

QuoteBut at the time of the Queens lifecycle in this movie, she can't lay eggs, which is why she's using this method.

Queens are born Queens and can produce within days of birth.  Instead of this bullshit wank of 'creating an army', she just needs to abduct people for when she does start laying eggs.

QuoteThe queen uses common sense, lets she shes in a town, she sneaks around, whos going to much of a threat? A cop? THe rest of the town would be scared, not counting the sherrif.

What point are you trying to make here?

superunknown

They should have brought back egg morphing.  It's more believable and much scarier, plus it's something that fans of the first film have wanted for a long time. 

Egg morphing > Queen, hive, regurgitation

Xenomorphine

The topics are now merged.

bobcunk

bobcunk

but there is no queen so it makes sense for a drone to become one, and maby the vomiting thing is the egg morph.

automirage04

Quote from: superunknown on Nov 21, 2007, 12:17:15 AM
They should have brought back egg morphing.  It's more believable and much scarier, plus it's something that fans of the first film have wanted for a long time. 

Egg morphing > Queen, hive, regurgitation

Wrong. Epic fail.

SiL

SiL

You fail for using epic fail. And making your entire 'argument' three words.

Quote from: bobcunk on Nov 21, 2007, 10:32:23 AM
but there is no queen so it makes sense for a drone to become one, and maby the vomiting thing is the egg morph.
Egg morphing is in the absence of a Queen, not the early stages of becoming one.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Now that Colin's said that there are "many" facehuggers from the ship, this is making even less sense...

One of the reasons given for this thing was that the Predalien supposedly needs an army before laying eggs (which it doesn't, but still) - yet now it already has plenty of other Aliens being made, regardless?

It seems that the film is now contradicting itself, let alone others in the series. :-\

SM

SM

QuoteNow that Colin's said that there are "many" facehuggers from the ship, this is making even less sense...

PredAlien shoots them out it's arse.

Like I been saying all along.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 22, 2007, 12:19:08 AM
Now that Colin's said that there are "many" facehuggers from the ship, this is making even less sense...

One of the reasons given for this thing was that the Predalien supposedly needs an army before laying eggs (which it doesn't, but still) - yet now it already has plenty of other Aliens being made, regardless?

It seems that the film is now contradicting itself, let alone others in the series. :-\

Well apparently there are more facehuggers on the ship, but maybe they are killed upon impact, so technically speaking there will be more facehuggers seen in the film, even if they are dead. lol.

That would be lame however and it makes it a little convenient that two happen to survive in order to infect the hunter and his son with embryos.

So unless colin is lying about the facehuggers to throw us offtrack, then it does indeed contradict earlier statements about the predalien needing to build an army by using the vomiting reproductive method. Unless it creates a unique and non-canon type of alien with that and the rest of the aliens are born from the normal facehuggers. Praeotorians anyone?  >:(

I think someone said the psp game features aliens with a spiky tail and a sort of queen crest that aren't predaliens. Please tell me this is not the case.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed